ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aman5

Post by aman5 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:20 pm

Academic records as proof of qualifications and skills you can bring to the UK
And what about qualifications and skills gained in the UK? :twisted: just kidding....

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:50 pm

aman5 - your responses are based on being here on a student visa. I, on the other hand, came over here on a work permit. Therefore UKBA have no record of my academic qualifications.

You need to take that into consideration when replying to posts. Some of us didn't come over here as students or completed their studies many years ago and have been working for sometime therefore need to provide further documentation. Hence the reason I asked the question about being "10 year students". :) You "10 year students" have it easy ... :)

The moral of the story, everyone, is not to rely on UKBA systems having all your details to hand (as one premium applicant discovered - olluwa12??). Provide as much documentation as possible to back-up your application. So what if you give them too much information, they can't reject you for that!! Also have more empathy towards others and an understanding that we have our own unique circumstances therefore have to provide different documentation that others. So don't get too bothered if you didn't provide documentation that someone else did.

Anyway, for some reason, this board stresses me out. :roll:

aman5

Post by aman5 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:26 pm

So don't get too bothered if you didn't provide documentation that someone else did.
Please check private message.
Anyway, for some reason, this board stresses me out.
Relax....I assure you would that you would be just fine.

I have heard from a reliable source recently that process at HO is being speeded up and pending applications may be cleared up much faster in the coming weeks.

BTW, if I may....if you have any Indian friend(s), please ask them about 'pranayaam'....basically these are 5-6 breathing exercises in yoga that, amongst other things, eases stress and totally relaxes a person....

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:37 pm

:lol: Thank you for your concern but I'm now quite chilled about my situation, I've only been waiting for 9 weeks. I've come to terms with the long wait ahead of me. It's reading everyone else's woes and the brief bickering and lack of empathy that appeared to go on.

Even if UKBA have speed up their processing, I am at the back of the queue. I've only been waiting 9 weeks, others have been waiting 7+ months!! They, my good sir, should be dealt with first :D

aman5

Post by aman5 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Thank you for your concern but I'm quite chilled about my situation
Good....I am glad to hear that....
It's reading everyone else's woes and the brief bickering and lack of empathy that appeared to go on.
I am sorry to hear you feel this way and hope you would soon also, perhaps, somewhat come to terms with this....

NoWayOut

Post by NoWayOut » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:13 pm

aman5 wrote:I have heard from a reliable source recently that process at HO is being speeded up and pending applications may be cleared up much faster in the coming weeks.
What reliable source is this?

I read posts on lots of different immigration sites and people are always posting information they hear from 'sources' but are not so forthcoming with who these sources are. For example hangermanger posting information about our applications not being dealt with until April...but doesn't say where they heard this from. If your information is true that is great but if not (which is usually the case with most information people post) all it does is gave false hope.

I applied on the 3rd of August and like many of you have found the wait stressful. It makes it more stressful when I read such posts and they turn out to be fake even if well intended.

Anyway, i'm not trying to have a go at you :oops: , i'm just asking if you post information you hear from 'sources' at least say who the source is so we can gauge for ourself how reliable it is.

hangermajor
Newly Registered

Post by hangermajor » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:10 pm

NoWayOut wrote:
aman5 wrote:I have heard from a reliable source recently that process at HO is being speeded up and pending applications may be cleared up much faster in the coming weeks.
What reliable source is this?

I read posts on lots of different immigration sites and people are always posting information they hear from 'sources' but are not so forthcoming with who these sources are. For example hangermanger posting information about our applications not being dealt with until April...but doesn't say where they heard this from. If your information is true that is great but if not (which is usually the case with most information people post) all it does is gave false hope.

I applied on the 3rd of August and like many of you have found the wait stressful. It makes it more stressful when I read such posts and they turn out to be fake even if well intended.

Anyway, i'm not trying to have a go at you :oops: , i'm just asking if you post information you hear from 'sources' at least say who the source is so we can gauge for ourself how reliable it is.
Dear aman

I have heard from my friend circle who are solicitors who goes to home office 2 to 3 days a week for a premium services and so on and they have enquired at the home office at croydon and asked about the pending cases of 10 years long residence and they replied it is due to a lot of cases of past 2 to 3 years who have been waiting for long so they were sorting it out ,,,,,, they thought they will finish it within december but the weather of uk , I mean the snow came and kept on hold for nearly a week all together and so on , and there were lot of cases of commom wealth countries of Ilr cases , foreigners who are in british army like gurkhas cases , 18+ children cases dependent on their parents who have ilr and so ,,,,,,1.e the home office trying to say all the pending cases of ilr to be sorted out by the case workers of Long residence workers. I think now they are nearly there as they have started to open cases like of cls , 2 weeks ago a pending cases of a girl who was held for nearly 2 years is solved and so on ,,,,,,,,, few weeks ago as well I had read in bbc news they have a lot of pending cases of settlement visa and asylum ,,,

what ever i have written above is true and the home office said it . but the the thing is that home office never keeps their words , they are slow but at the end they will do their work . do not worry everythign will be fine . I am just worried what is happenning to those cases who applied before cls ,? ma be cls cases was too straightforward and so on ......... did he apply mp , letter to home office or normal procedure ? god knows but I pray that he gets a positive response and good luck to everyone.....................cheers

aman5

Post by aman5 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:36 am

Thanks 'hangermajor' but just wondering....did you intend addressing your last post to 'NoWayOut'?

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

PLEASE be specific....

Post by coolboyuk » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi ALL,

Just wanted to say that please be specific and clear about what category you applied [although this forum thread is specially created by boonbin for 10 year ILR], what you have heard and from what source [ if you can please provide reference, links, url, etc.] as this random comments and assumptions are really confuses us [me] and leading towards the corner where you get frustrated and end up fully stressed.
I totally understand this forum is for to share suggestions, news and comfort each other.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Re: PLEASE be specific....

Post by kiwigirl25 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:17 pm

coolboyuk wrote:Hi ALL,

Just wanted to say that please be specific and clear about what category you applied [although this forum thread is specially created by boonbin for 10 year ILR], what you have heard and from what source [ if you can please provide reference, links, url, etc.] as this random comments and assumptions are really confuses us [me] and leading towards the corner where you get frustrated and end up fully stressed.
I totally understand this forum is for to share suggestions, news and comfort each other.
Well put, coolboyuk.

Can I suggest that people state in their signature the category they applied under and key dates. This can been done under profile.

i.e.

10 year ILR (Student)
App sent: xx/xx/xx
Acknowledgement: xx/xx/xx
etc

That way it's quite clear where the poster is coming from and will avoid most of the arguments/misunderstandings that have gone on here. It will also avoid having to explain your situation to the newbies.

dolf
Newly Registered

Post by dolf » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Got a letter from UKBA Liverpool saying “A decision has been taken on your application and you will shortly receive notification of that decision, along with any valuable documents that were submitted such as marriage certificates/birth certificates etcâ€
Last edited by dolf on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boonbin

Re: still pending....add yourself in please

Post by boonbin » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:12 pm

STILL PENDING: under 10 years lawful SET(O) category

Sheng applied on 05/08/09 and is still waiting: now 33 weeks
Boonbin applied on 10/08/09 and is still waiting: now 32 weeks
Croydon applied 17/08/09 and is still waiting: now 31 weeks
Kingie67 applied 17/08/09 and is still waiting: now 31 weeks
Dolf applied 24/08/09 and is still waiting: now 30 weeks
Foxy applied 24/08/09 and is still waiting: now 30 weeks
CLS appplied 27/08/09 and is still waiting: now 29 weeks
Thms applied 28/08/09 and is still waiting: now 289 weeks
Terriblefish applied 08/09/09 and still waiting: now 28 weeks
Taylondon applied 11/09/09 and is still waiting: now 27 weeks
Hangermajor applied 17/09/09 and is still waiting: now 26 weeks

Please find yourself a space to add in to the list for whose still waiting.....

Croydon
Newly Registered

Post by Croydon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:23 pm

[quote="dolf"]Got a letter from UKBA Liverpool saying “A decision has been taken on your application and you will shortly receive notification of that decision, along with any valuable documents that were submitted such as marriage certificates/birth certificates etcâ€

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:15 pm

I strongly believe MPs receive no extra attention from the HO.
My MP wrote HO by last week of December and all we received after 2 months was a template letter saying nothing about my case,
that letter was sent out to many other members here with exactly the same wording.

especially if your MP is from different party than the one in power, mine is liberal democrat.

I wrote to Immigration Minister Phil Woolas myself 10 days ago and I received a letter today from his office saying that they can confirm my case has been forwarded to appropriate caseworking unit. they will contact me as soon as they finished the consideration

by the way a friend of mine received his ILR under the same 10 years rule on the 8th of March 2010. He applied on the 1st of September 2009

I am patiently waiting

NoWayOut

Post by NoWayOut » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:45 pm

NoWayOut applied on 03/08/09 and is still waiting: now 33 weeks
Croydon applied 17/08/09 and is still waiting: now 31 weeks
Thms applied 28/08/09 and is still waiting: now 29 weeks

Its really nice to hear people who applied in August are starting to hear news back, though i do feel abit jealous that people who applied after me have heard information first and i've heard nothing. It seems people who applied at the end of August are hearing back first. I would love to know how UKBA works through things but that is just another mystery! :lol: Oh well my time will come. :D
Last edited by NoWayOut on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foxy

Post by foxy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:50 am

@NoWayOut

Totall get how you feel - still I must say I am very pleased that at least some of our cases appear to be moving forward.

All my visa renewals were abroad, my SAR doesn't have much in it, hope they don't make me sweat it out cos of that. Gave in 2 passports only too. My 10 years: Student, work permit, Tier 1.

Croydon
Newly Registered

Post by Croydon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:55 am

Dear All,

I have collected my passport with ILR approved today from Royal Mail.

I missed it yesterday and they left the card for collection.

The ILR was issued on 11 March 2010 in Liverpool.

I actually sent the pre-paid specially delivery together with my application. However, all my documents are send back by normal register mail and my 12 pounds guaranteed next day delivery before 9:00 special devliery envelop is not returned.

dolf
Newly Registered

Post by dolf » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:48 am

Croydon wrote:Dear All,

I actually sent the pre-paid specially delivery together with my application. However, all my documents are send back by normal register mail and my 12 pounds guaranteed next day delivery before 9:00 special devliery envelop is not returned.
Croydon,

Congratulations. Just wanted to ask you whether UKBA sent any separate letter stating that you will be entitled to Naturalisation/Citizenship from an early date. If they count restriction free year from 11 March 2010 it will be very unfair.

Croydon
Newly Registered

Post by Croydon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:17 am

dolf wrote:
Croydon wrote:Dear All,

Croydon,

Congratulations. Just wanted to ask you whether UKBA sent any separate letter stating that you will be entitled to Naturalisation/Citizenship from an early date. If they count restriction free year from 11 March 2010 it will be very unfair.
Hi Dolf,

There is no seperate letter for that.
Will this affect our citizenship process apart from waiting a few more months to reach 12 months requirements?

dolf
Newly Registered

Post by dolf » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:27 am

Hi Croydon,
It will not affect Naturalisation/British Citizenship process. But if you think it adds up another six or seven months to our application, without our fault or negligence.

I think UKBA should give a backdated letter to rectify this issue (their incompetence). Seven months is a long time and we don’t know what Tories will do if they form the next government.

I read from some other posts they do this for Work Permit applications. It looks like that still we have to fight for this. At least request UKBA. (He who dares ... gets it)
Last edited by dolf on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Croydon
Newly Registered

Post by Croydon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:37 am

dolf wrote:Hi Croydon,
It will not affect Naturalisation/British Citizenship process. But if you think it adds up another six or seven months to our application, without our fault or negligence.

I think UKBA should give a backdated letter to rectify this issue (there incompetence). Seven months is a long time and we don’t know what Tories will do if they form the next government.

I read from some other posts they do this for Work Permit applications. It looks like that still we have to fight for this. At least request UKBA. (He who dares ... gets it)
That's good point. Maybe I will try my local MP first to see what suggestions he can give.

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Congratulations

Post by coolboyuk » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:53 am

congratulations Croydon. you must be relieved now..lol

thms
Newly Registered

Post by thms » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:20 pm

I am happy for you Croydon...what a relief.

Meanwhile, I most certainly have not been waiting for 289 weeks as suggested on the updated list by Boonbin. :roll:

foxy

Post by foxy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:53 pm

Wonderful news Croydon :)

Re: the letters sent out by UKBA about the date from which you're free from immigration restrictions, I think these are only given to the HSMP JR people? It would make people a lot happier if they backdated the status of 10 year ILRs as well, given how much longer we're made to wait as opposed to other categories.

boonbin

congratulation to croydon

Post by boonbin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:05 pm

RECEIVED APPLICATION
Croydon applied 17/08/09, received 23/03/10

NoWayOut applied on 03/08/09 and is still waiting: now 33 weeks
Thms applied 28/08/09 and is still waiting: now 29 weeks

Congratulation to Croydon, i am pleased that you step out the darkness.
can you kindly provide us some information and experiences how you applied and you status before, etc......

is anyone have received an letter from UKBA Liverpool saying “A decision has been taken on your application and you will shortly receive notification of that decision???

hope all of us will receive back passport soon! praying hard