ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Croydon
Newly Registered

Post by Croydon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi, thank you all for the warm reply.

My application is based on Students(5)+IGS(1)+WorkPermit(4).

While I was waiting for the decision, I contacted my local MP twice and his office ususlly reply me within two weeks with an update from the Home Office.

The documents I submitted are Bank Statment, Police Registration, Life in the UK Result, two Passport, Pay Slips, P60

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:52 pm

Croydon wrote:Hi, thank you all for the warm reply.

While I was waiting for the decision, I contacted my local MP twice and his office ususlly reply me within two weeks with an update from the Home Office.

The documents I submitted are Bank Statment, Police Registration, Life in the UK Result, two Passport, Pay Slips, P60
Hi, did you applied via solicitor or yourself? did you call manage to call sheffield to make a complaint and called often like once a week or twice a month to check a progress of your application? did you ask is your application under action review? did you write any letter to UKBA, as well as FOI or others?

as i didnt submitted that documents as you mentions, apart from the life in uk test and passports only.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:14 pm

congrats Croydon!

Just wondering how you go about getting your ILR backdated?

Or, can you just apply for Citizenship after 1 year + 3 months from the date you applied for ILR?

NoWayOut

Post by NoWayOut » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Congratulations Croydon!! This is such great news. :D

aman5

Post by aman5 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Congratulations Croydon....

Croydon
Newly Registered

Post by Croydon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:57 pm

boonbin wrote:
Croydon wrote:Hi, thank you all for the warm reply.

Hi, did you applied via solicitor or yourself? did you call manage to call sheffield to make a complaint and called often like once a week or twice a month to check a progress of your application? did you ask is your application under action review? did you write any letter to UKBA, as well as FOI or others?

as i didnt submitted that documents as you mentions, apart from the life in uk test and passports only.
did you applied via solicitor or yourself?
No

did you call manage to call sheffield to make a complaint?
The number is always busy. cannot get through it

called often like once a week or twice a month to check a progress of your application?
called the enquiry line once a week to hear the same answer

did you ask is your application under action review?
My local MP replied me saying my application is under active review.

did you write any letter to UKBA, as well as FOI or others?
No.

Croydon
Newly Registered

Post by Croydon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:01 pm

joh118 wrote:congrats Croydon!

Just wondering how you go about getting your ILR backdated?

Or, can you just apply for Citizenship after 1 year + 3 months from the date you applied for ILR?
At this moment, there is no seperate letter received regarding the ILR backdated.

And I think I will have to calculate from 11 March 2010(ILR issued) unitl meet the requirments.

Is 15 months required to apply citizenship from the date of ILR issued?

dolf
Newly Registered

Post by dolf » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:05 pm

I hope soon our wait will be over. It seems there may be some light at the end of UKBA tunnel.

Sheng
Newly Registered

Post by Sheng » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:07 pm

Croydon wrote:
At this moment, there is no seperate letter received regarding the ILR backdated.

And I think I will have to calculate from 11 March 2010(ILR issued) unitl meet the requirments.

Many Congratulations Croydon!

From my understanding it's 12 months requirement before you can apply for naturalisation.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/britis ... alisation/

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Sheng wrote:
Croydon wrote:

From my understanding it's 12 months requirement before you can apply for naturalisation.

hi Sheng:
any luck / news on your application yet?

Croydon
Newly Registered

Post by Croydon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:23 pm

Sheng wrote:
Croydon wrote:

Thanks Sheng. I will have a good look at the link.

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:37 pm

oh Wow its is with great Joy i make this post! I am so pleased for you Croydon!! Welcome to the Free movement club!!

For all those worried about back date letters and things, we don't get any back date letter, but what UKBA clearly states is as follows:
~you made a successful application for indefinite leave to remain more than 15 months before your naturalisation application but the decision on your application was delayed due to something that was not your fault~

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... trictions/

For someone like me 15 months from August 2009 which I applied is November 2010. and this when I will be applying and attached my Acknowledgement Letter from 10Th August 2009 as evidence of my application date.

So to those waiting this rule helps us all. which is fair enuff as standard application time should be 3 months, but for those of us that it took 6months or more they have taken that into consideration!

NoWayOut

Post by NoWayOut » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:04 pm

oluwa112 wrote:oh Wow its is with great Joy i make this post! I am so pleased for you Croydon!! Welcome to the Free movement club!!

For all those worried about back date letters and things, we don't get any back date letter, but what UKBA clearly states is as follows:
~you made a successful application for indefinite leave to remain more than 15 months before your naturalisation application but the decision on your application was delayed due to something that was not your fault~

For someone like me 15 months from August 2009 which I applied is November 2010. and this when I will be applying and attached my Acknowledgement Letter from 10Th August 2009 as evidence of my application date.

So to those waiting this rule helps us all. which is fair enuff as standard application time should be 3 months, but for those of us that it took 6months or more they have taken that into consideration!
Standard application waiting time is supposed to be anywhere up to 6 months not 3 months.

I could be wrong but I don't think it would be that simple, nothing ever is with UKBA! I applied in beginning of August 2009 and should have heard back by February 2010 (6 months) at the latest but I'm still waiting. If I had recieved my ILR back in February I would have to wait until February 2011 to apply for citizenship. So therefore how is it possible that if I got my ILR this month I would be able to apply in November 2010?? I know it says that on the website but it seems like too big of a loophole because by recieving my ILR later it allows me to apply for citizenship sooner?? :?

It would be a great thing if that was the case. Maybe that would be the silver lining to this long wait. But I still think there is more to it, maybe this whole process has made me too cynical lol :oops: :lol:

If anything I could imagine that they would say that I could start counting 12 months from February 2010 (instead of whichever month I finally do recieve ILR) because that would be when I was supposed to recieve my ILR by?

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:11 pm

NoWayOut wrote:
oluwa112 wrote:oh Wow its is with great Joy i make this post! I am so pleased for you Croydon!! Welcome to the Free movement club!!

Standard application waiting time is supposed to be anywhere up to 6 months not 3 months.

I could be wrong but I don't think it would be that simple, nothing ever is with UKBA! I applied in beginning of August 2009 and should have heard back by February 2010 (6 months) at the latest but I'm still waiting. If I had recieved my ILR back in February I would have to wait until February 2011 to apply for citizenship. So therefore how is it possible that if I got my ILR this month I would be able to apply in November 2010?? I know it says that on the website but it seems like too big of a loophole because by recieving my ILR later it allows me to apply for citizenship sooner?? :?

It would be a great thing if that was the case. Maybe that would be the silver lining to this long wait. But I still think there is more to it, maybe this whole process has made me too cynical lol :oops: :lol:

If anything I could imagine that they would say that I could start counting 12 months from February 2010 (instead of whichever month I finally do recieve ILR) because that would be when I was supposed to recieve my ILR by?
The Choice is Yours! I will be sure to let you know how it goes! As far as I know standard is 14wks AKA 3 months which is why they say dont call till 14wks has elapsed on the website (though their responses only make u wanna strangle them with the phone cord, But if you call before 14wks they dont even deal with you, which is why they always ask for your application date 1st before dealing with you*

It Clearly states if your application decision * a successful one* was delayed due to no fault of your own you are eligible to Apply 15months after you initially applied for ILR. I will definitely be taking that root! its states clearly on the site. I got my supporting doc so I go for it! Its all up to you If you get ur passport back June 2010 Go ahead and wait June 2011 to apply :wink: ~mind you fees would have gone up twice April 2010 and April 2011, but Hey..... ~

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:26 pm

NoWayOut wrote:

i have exactly same feeling like you, known that Croydon applied 17/08 and received it today, but mine applied 10/08.

so i managed to call sheffield to made a complaints, case still not decided after six months, and no reply or news from HO, they ask me to call croydon call centre, saying to me that by regulation, they have to provide me a progress of my application since my application over six months, so i called 08706067766, wait over 10 mins, happened everytime i have to wait over 10 mins call charges, standard voice mail telling me my application still in the process, then i said i just spoke to sheffield and they direct me to call you regards my application submitted over six months which you have to provide me progress of my application. eventually, according to that officer, told me that my application under final stage of review, decision will be decided soon. i am hoping that story is true.

according to sheffield complaint: by law, we are right to fill an complaints over six months of long wait. so we all should start make some serious complaints.

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:36 pm

boonbin wrote:i have exactly same feeling like you, known that Croydon applied 17/08 and received it today, but mine applied 10/08.

so i managed to call sheffield to made a complaints, case still not decided after six months, and no reply or news from HO, they ask me to call croydon call centre, saying to me that by regulation, they have to provide me a progress of my application since my application over six months, so i called 08706067766, wait over 10 mins, happened everytime i have to wait over 10 mins call charges, standard voice mail telling me my application still in the process, then i said i just spoke to sheffield and they direct me to call you regards my application submitted over six months which you have to provide me progress of my application. eventually, according to that officer, told me that my application under final stage of review, decision will be decided soon. i am hoping that story is true.

according to sheffield complaint: by law, we are right to fill an complaints over six months of long wait. so we all should start make some serious complaints.
I actually applied same day as you, but I went the premium route, but they didnt make decision same day cos apparently i had gaps.

Long story short, after constant calling, and emailing and sending proof to them that I didnt have any break my ILR was approved 17th Feb and I received it 18th Feb in my Hands.

Based on Home office website, they say due to no fault of mine my application was delayed, that is maybe they asked for more information and you didnt respond in a timely manner, then it is your fault that your application was delayed!
In my case and I am sure most applicants here, they never asked us for more info, so its not our fault that our applications were delayed! I waited 6months, 1 wk, 3.5days for a decision! for some reason for 10yrs route 2009/2010 applicants seem to have 6months and over waiting time! I am just happy that my wait is over and I wish the 10yr list will get cleared soon!

Good luck to everyone waiting!

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:44 pm

oluwa112 wrote:
NoWayOut wrote:

The Choice is Yours! I will be sure to let you know how it goes! As far as I know standard is 14wks AKA 3 months which is why they say dont call till 14wks has elapsed on the website (though their responses only make u wanna strangle them with the phone cord, But if you call before 14wks they dont even deal with you, which is why they always ask for your application date 1st before dealing with you*

It Clearly states if your application decision * a successful one* was delayed due to no fault of your own you are eligible to Apply 15months after you initially applied for ILR. I will definitely be taking that root! its states clearly on the site. I got my supporting doc so I go for it! Its all up to you If you get ur passport back June 2010 Go ahead and wait June 2011 to apply :wink: ~mind you fees would have gone up twice April 2010 and April 2011, but Hey..... ~
Hi Oluwa112, how life with of your ILR granted? since you received yours, only Croydon received today, neither one of us has receive anything.

apparently, in Aug 2009, i am pretty sure that UKBA published wesbite still 14 weeks equals to 3 months, i think like sept or oct, they change their service standards waiting time to six months. but the points is they only indicated 95% within 6 months, which ignored 5% of applicants and didnt indicated of 5% of applicants how long have to wait and no timeframe provided. i have actually filled a files at FOI, awaiting a response from them.

i am so frustrated now, i am hoping that they are start working on our applications been waits over 6 moths long.

boonbin

Potential delays and disruption for passengers and applicant

Post by boonbin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:45 pm

Potential delays and disruption for passengers and applicants - Wednesday 24 March
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ial-action

make our cases even slow, unlikely to hear anything before easter!

Anwar16
Newly Registered

Post by Anwar16 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:44 pm

Applied on 5th Feb.

Ack letter received on 20th Feb

and no payment taken yet....

very frustrating as HO will not give any info until 14 weeks have passed.

please help

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:48 pm

Anwar16 wrote:Applied on 5th Feb.

Ack letter received on 20th Feb

and no payment taken yet....

very frustrating as HO will not give any info until 14 weeks have passed.

please help
Welcome to darkness zone.
since you only applied last month, among of us has been waiting over 6 to 7 months, still no news at all, you will be long journey to hear from them! you can start adding yourself on the waiting list.....are you at the right place to shares and comments.

foxy

Re: Potential delays and disruption for passengers and appli

Post by foxy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:59 pm

boonbin wrote:Potential delays and disruption for passengers and applicants - Wednesday 24 March
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ial-action

make our cases even slow, unlikely to hear anything before easter!
According to this, only Croydon is expected to be disrupted. I take it Liverpool and Sheffield (where 10 year ILRs usually get processed) are unaffected. Even if they were, I doubt 1 day would make a huge difference to the 200+ days we've been waiting.

If the rule Oluwa refers to about the 15 months is right and still valid at the end of the year, then this makes this wait slightly more palatable I suppose.

Anwar16
Newly Registered

Post by Anwar16 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:00 pm

Tell me boonbin, why is there No payment taken?

They should do that as soon as they can, does it really take 7 - 8 weeks to take payments.

I applied ILR Set(O) under Long residence.

Anwar16
Newly Registered

Post by Anwar16 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:03 pm

FOXY the Rule that you are talking about:

"Does it mean that after waiting 15 mnonths for ILR decision, we are eligible to apply for British Citizenship???"

Thanks for clarification.

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Anwar16 wrote:Tell me boonbin, why is there No payment taken?

They should do that as soon as they can, does it really take 7 - 8 weeks to take payments.

I applied ILR Set(O) under Long residence.
usually they are efficiently in taken moneys, which payment taken next 1 or 2 days, in your case, really no idea. could be the whole process being delays and suspended under new applicant who applied long residence. you probably have to write to them to find out more. in fact they are thinking to scraps the long residence category soon, and will be treated this category non-priority and unfair, discriminated compare to other.

Procrastinator
Newly Registered

Post by Procrastinator » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:13 am

boonbin wrote:
Welcome to darkness zone.
since you only applied last month, among of us has been waiting over 6 to 7 months, still no news at all, you will be long journey to hear from them! you can start adding yourself on the waiting list.....are you at the right place to shares and comments.
Hello, I applied for indefinite leave to remain in the UK on 30 July 2009. I think, before all of you guys who are still waiting for their ILRs but I applied on the basis of 14 years long residence (sorry this is supposed to be for 10 years only) but I wanted to share with you something...

I submitted extensive documents which included 3 passports, university exam transcripts for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, some old pay slips, NHS health card, various UCAS letters, A level certificates bank statements... hence there was everything I submitted with my application which covers the entire period right from 1994 when I first entered in the UK till present though I had breaks and I have travelled abroad more than 20 times during this 15 years period but the law says that the max visit at any single shouldnt be more than 6 months and total absence shouldnt be longer than 18 months which I have never been abroad more than 3 months and my total length of stay outside UK is less than 18 months.

So anyways, after nearly 8 months of long wait (from the time I made my application, i.e. July 2009), I finally received a letter today from the Home Office (Liverpool office) through my solicitor and they have asked me to provide documentary evidence that I was residing in the UK for the periods Jan 2000 - May 2001 and July 2002 - Dec 2003... which I can get a letter from the Registry from my college that I was enrolled a full time student during this time... they gave me 14 days time to provide this in order for my application to be considered fully and promptly. I'll get that letter from the college tomorrow and send it off this week.

Guys do you think I should expect to hear a good news in 2-3 weeks time? Do you think a college letter is enough evidence... the letter from HO says that it should be from official sources, addresed to the applicant and must predate this letter.

I hope everyone who applied in August 2009 should be able to hear good news from UKBA very soon... it is essentially a waiting game... there is no point to ring the HO or ask your MP to write to them after every month to get an update. I only contacted my MP twice during this 8 months long wait.