ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:59 pm

Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS) members have voted in favour of a third day of strike action on Wednesday 24 March over changes to the Civil Service Compensation Scheme (CSCS).
Public enquiry offices and immigration reporting centres are expected to operate as normal, with the exception of Croydon public enquiry office, which will be operating a limited service. Where disruption is expected, customers with appointments have already been contacted. The nationality contact centre, asylum support contact centre and European enquiries contact centre will all be closed.
Please don't call the HO tomorrow.

677ano

Post by 677ano » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:18 pm

jajanana wrote:Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS) members have voted in favour of a third day of strike action on Wednesday 24 March over changes to the Civil Service Compensation Scheme (CSCS).
Public enquiry offices and immigration reporting centres are expected to operate as normal, with the exception of Croydon public enquiry office, which will be operating a limited service. Where disruption is expected, customers with appointments have already been contacted. The nationality contact centre, asylum support contact centre and European enquiries contact centre will all be closed.
Please don't call the HO tomorrow.
God help us
we can all change our stars

677ano

Post by 677ano » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Forza_RC wrote:The person who I spoke to this morning (from the HO) was incredible grumpy. Some of them are really helpful and answer nicely but some of them are quite annoying!

This is their job, I mean you can feel that they get annoyed with the questions :?
I have also experienced the same situation

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:34 pm

EEA2 applications take long time to be completed as we all lucky people know this! and now the strikes started! Great!

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:19 am

Good morning EEA2 Gladiators :)

Have a nice day to you all...

P&T

Post by P&T » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:20 am

There are thousands of people who actually want to work but nooo they want to strike :roll: !!!

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:39 am

P&T wrote:There are thousands of people who actually want to work but nooo they want to strike :roll: !!!
Meanwhile, our applications are in a pile on someone's desk gathering even more dust!

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:48 am

P&T wrote:There are thousands of people who actually want to work but nooo they want to strike :roll: !!!
As they work very very very hard!!! :? it is their right to strike and get more social benefits & wages so on... This is just bullshit

AnnaS
Newly Registered

Post by AnnaS » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:18 pm

Just wondering, is there anyone else here who like us have applied in August/September of last year and been waiting more than six months?

There seems to have been a previous petition to the EU parliament regarding the HO breaking regulations which concluded with the HO promising to fix things from 2009. However, in our case at least it seems to have made little difference. Anyone know anything about this?

Also can anyone please tell me if it is possible for my EU partner to get his passport back without affecting the application? Surely they had ample time to confirm his identity.

As for the strikes, my anger is towards the people who run HO and have seemingly failed to provide the conditions for case workers to process applications efficiently.

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:24 pm

AnnaS wrote:Also can anyone please tell me if it is possible for my EU partner to get his passport back without affecting the application? Surely they had ample time to confirm his identity.
Yes, they changed the way the process applications in mid-2009, but it doesn't seem to have made an effect. I made this point to my Phil Woolas MP (no response received), and also to my local MP (no response).

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:38 pm

right, I've emailed my local MP to confirm that they received my email that I sent last weekend, as I never got confirmation that I received it. No response today, possibly because of the strike...

anyway i've faxed and posted a copy of the letter to her now, so she's got no excuse!

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:38 am

Good morning everyone!

Have a nice and good EEA2 newsy day to you all! :)

AnnaS
Newly Registered

Post by AnnaS » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:23 pm

Hello all,

Called the HO today, spoke to a lady who was fairly nice. Apparently our application has been with a caseworker since September 09, so almost immediately after receipt. Now they really have no excuse.

She said she will take note of my call and advised me to write to the complaints department. I have already e-mailed them but will also submit a complaint in writing tomorrow and send a letter directly to HO Liverpool as well. Am also getting my letter to mp ready.

Good luck to all!

Fagerlund
Newly Registered

EEA2 Applications - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Fagerlund » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:47 pm

Hi everyone,

We've received our EEA1 & 2 today. :)
My husband is a Swedish, I'm a Chinese with HK passport
we applied 19th December 2009
Received CoA 7th January 2010
Received EEA1 & 2 25th March 2010 (were issued on 12th March)

We were considering to start calling them from next week but then it just came out of the blue, we received our passports together with EEA1 & 2 today.

We sent our application to the EEA1 address with required original documents (nothing more than what they ask for). This forum has given us so much help. We hope this information will bring you some hope. :)

kafi

Re: EEA2 Applications - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by kafi » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:37 am

Fagerlund wrote:Hi everyone,

We were considering to start calling them from next week but then it just came out of the blue, we received our passports together with EEA1 & 2 today.

We sent our application to the EEA1 address with required original documents (nothing more than what they ask for). This forum has given us so much help. We hope this information will bring you some hope. :)
hi Fagerlund,

congratulation !

we also applied for eea1 & eea2 but send the apllication to EEA2 address though this is same department-57. our application is now in dept-67 allocated to a case worker since 18th march,2010.

Fagerlund, did u get the EEA1 & EEA2 together or separately..

many thx

Fagerlund
Newly Registered

Post by Fagerlund » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:05 am

kafi wrote:

hi Fagerlund,

congratulation !

we also applied for eea1 & eea2 but send the apllication to EEA2 address though this is same department-57. our application is now in dept-67 allocated to a case worker since 18th march,2010.

many thx
Thank you. :)

We get the EEA1 & EEA2 back together within one envelop.
When we sent out application package we even attached a return pre-paid envelop, but they didn't use it.
I believe you will receive your EEA1 & EEA 2 back very soon. :)
Last edited by Fagerlund on Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

P&T

Post by P&T » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:12 am

Fagerlund wrote:
kafi wrote:

hi Fagerlund,

congratulation !

many thx
Thank you. :)

We get the EEA1 & EEA2 back together within one envelop.
When we sent out application package we even attached a return pre-paid envelop, but they didn't use it.
I believe you will receive your EEA1 & EEA 2 back very soon. :)
Hi Fagerlund!

Thank you for sharing your great news :D with us. We love hearing news like this its really encouraging for us so thanks a lot!! Feeling a new lease of hope again for our application.

Take care and enjoy yourselves 8) !!

Regards,
P&T

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:47 am

Congratulations Fagerlund!

And thank you for sharing this with us.

I sent the EEA2 application without EEA1. I and my partner have not applied for EEA1. So, maybe that is why it takes more time...

Fagerlund - what was your visa situation prior to the EEA2?

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:35 pm

Forza_RC wrote:Good morning everyone!

Have a nice and good EEA2 newsy day to you all! :)
Admin, isn't this spamming??????
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

Fagerlund
Newly Registered

Post by Fagerlund » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Forza_RC wrote:Congratulations Fagerlund!

I sent the EEA2 application without EEA1. I and my partner have not applied for EEA1. So, maybe that is why it takes more time...

Hi Forza_RC,

I was holding a student visa and we submitted our application just 10 days before my visa expired. :)
Last edited by Fagerlund on Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:24 pm

Fagerlund wrote:

Hi Forza_RC,

I was holding a student visa and we sent out our application just 10 days before my visa expired. :)
Thanks Fagerlund. I really appreciate that you share your experiences on this forum. My situation is the same. Hope, I will recieve the EEA2 as son as possible as I need my passport to travel for business matters :)

Fagerlund
Newly Registered

Post by Fagerlund » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
Fagerlund wrote:

Hi Forza_RC,

I was holding a student visa and we sent out our application just 10 days before my visa expired. :)
Thanks Fagerlund. I really appreciate that you share your experiences on this forum. My situation is the same. Hope, I will recieve the EEA2 as son as possible as I need my passport to travel for business matters :)
I believe you will hear from them soon. 8)

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Thanks Fagerlund, finger crossed :)

&

Have a great and sunny weekend to you all! 8)

677ano

Post by 677ano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:14 pm

congratulations I am sure you r relieved

Fagerlund
Newly Registered

Post by Fagerlund » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:15 pm

677ano wrote:

congratulations I am sure you r relieved
and yes, at least we don't need to deal with HO in coming 5 years. :D