ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport Photograph background color

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gainvidya
Member of Standing

British Passport Photograph background color

Post by gainvidya » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:51 pm

The guideline say the photograph should be taken against plain grey or plain cream background.

I have my photographs snapped from India with all specification matching except that the background color is blue. Should this photo be acceptable?

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: British Passport Photograph background color

Post by Ben » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:04 pm

gainvidya wrote:The guideline say the photograph should be taken against plain grey or plain cream background.

I have my photographs snapped from India with all specification matching except that the background color is blue. Should this photo be acceptable?
Is this a serious question?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:25 am

Ben wrote:
gainvidya wrote:The guideline say the photograph should be taken against plain grey or plain cream background.

Is this a serious question?
Then you should ignore it!!!

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:28 am

You need to take some more photos with the acceptable background.

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:18 am

Casa wrote:You need to take some more photos with the acceptable background.
Although exhausted at the end of the day but to play safe I went with my family and got a new snap explaining them how I wanted....

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:23 am

The passport people are very strict about the photos, and the specifications really do need to be followed to the letter.

Personally, I think it's worth getting them taken at a place like Snappy Snaps or another photographic shop, rather than somewhere like a chemist that does passport photos or in a do-it-yourself photo booth. At a photo shop they know the specifications (or can follow them if you take them along — I had my photo for my Australian passport taken in a photo shop in London, and the requirements were subtly different from the ones for a British passport; the man was able to adjust the camera settings and the background accordingly). If you're having photos taken in the UK for a British passport, then there should be no problem getting the specifications correct.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:12 pm

There wont be any problem whatsoever if the person dealing with your application happens to be colour blind. Otherwise most people would say that blue colour is not grey or cream in colour, its blue. :wink:

R-

Post by R- » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:06 pm

I have to agree with Ben.. Lol.. Are u really serious about asking this question??? it states clearly either GREY or CREAM background. TBH it's a bit of a silly question...

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:27 pm

R- wrote:I have to agree with Ben.. Lol.. Are u really serious about asking this question??? it states clearly either GREY or CREAM background. TBH it's a bit of a silly question...
The topic clearly said what's the question about but you choose to waste your time.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:37 pm

I'm closing this now as it's an old post resurrected from over a month ago. :shock: