ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(M) insufficient documents, pls pls pls advise.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mcovet
BANNED

Set(M) insufficient documents, pls pls pls advise.

Post by mcovet » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi, I applied for ILR last week, my husb is Brit. National. Provided the following docs:

PROOF OF RESIDENCE

Myself:
Source 1- Virgin Media
A contract

Source 2- DVLA
My driving licence and counterpart
V5C document for my car
Tax reminder for the same car

Source 3- HMRC
Letter re insufficient contributions to my NI
Letter re my tax code for year 09/10

Source 4- Bank statement
Joint bank statements for November and December

Total Sources: 4
Total docs- 8

Husband:
Source 1- Bank statements
Same Joint Nov and Dec statements as above

Source 2- DVLA
V5C for his car
Driving licence and counterpart
Tax reminder

Source 3- HMRC
P45 and
P60

Source 4- Uni degree confirmation letter
a letter confirming him obtaining a 2.1
a letter dated October 08 confirming his course

Total Sources- 4
Total letters- 9

Q1- would the above be sufficient?

PROOF OF FINANCES

Bank statements for both myself and him separately together with around 21 payslips.

We both have recently graduated and his account is overdrawn but there's a constant movement of money. We never applied and don't intend to apply for public funds.
I earn around £700 p.m. and he earns around £500 until recently, but got a job as a trucker and will be earning significantly more.

Q2- he is entitled to be poor right :) as long as I don't rely on public funds. That's because I have enough money in my bank account but we don't have enough to keep in a separate savings account at the moment.

Finally, and this is the MAIN concern.

We have so far (3.5 years) been living at the place rented by a family friend, it's basically a room in the house. We never had to pay rent so ticked the box "owned/rented by a relative or friend". We haven't provided this info on a separate paper, but we had done the same when applying for FLR(M) and no questions were asked then?

Is this a major problem?

What, apart from request for further info, could happen as the worst case scenario? They either grant ILR or they must refuse it, but it seems crazy to refuse on the basis that we don't have a mortgage or don't pay rent right? Is there a middle ground like they give you another FLR(M)? If not, ILR is harder to get than FLR(M)? As similar docs were supplied when applying for that one.

ARE THERE ANY CASEWORKER INSTRUCTIONS to check the guidelines they follow?

Sorry for the long letter and many thanks in advance.

Mcovet

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:57 pm

...anyone?

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:07 am

mcovet wrote:...anyone?
You seem allright. Enough documents to satisfy UKBA or ILR (SET-M).

Just one thing I would like to double check i.e Life in Uk Certificate. Did you pass this test?

Regards,
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:10 pm

Sure, passed it but it's a joke not a test. So u think they won't ask for any more proof of accommodation? Hope so, otherwise need letters etc from the owner and don't want this extra reminder to him we're living for free. Moreover, we'd need to involve HIS landlord to prove he's renting it, as there is no tenancy agreement or anyth so quite complicated. But factually we live there for free, and even if we weren't wouldn't rely on public funds anyway!
Hope u r right, thanks

Tim555 wrote:
mcovet wrote:...anyone?
You seem allright. Enough documents to satisfy UKBA or ILR (SET-M).

Just one thing I would like to double check i.e Life in Uk Certificate. Did you pass this test?

Regards,

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:27 am

mcovet wrote:Sure, passed it but it's a joke not a test. So u think they won't ask for any more proof of accommodation? Hope so, otherwise need letters etc from the owner and don't want this extra reminder to him we're living for free. Moreover, we'd need to involve HIS landlord to prove he's renting it, as there is no tenancy agreement or anyth so quite complicated. But factually we live there for free, and even if we weren't wouldn't rely on public funds anyway!
Hope u r right, thanks]
True its a joke and true without this joke no ILR no Citizenship.
If you get a prove or any letter saying you are staying with friends or family it would work otherwise just simple explain your situation on a covering letter. It would help alot to UKBA to understand your application.

Wish you good luck and hope for the best.

Regards,
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

malathi
Newly Registered

Regarding life in uk test

Post by malathi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:48 am

[quote="mcovet"]Sure, passed it but it's a joke not a test. So u think they won't ask for any more proof of accommodation? Hope so, otherwise need letters etc from the owner and don't want this extra reminder to him we're living for free. Moreover, we'd need to involve HIS landlord to prove he's renting it, as there is no tenancy agreement or anyth so quite complicated. But factually we live there for free, and even if we weren't wouldn't rely on public funds anyway!
Hope u r right, thanks

Hi,
You said the test was a joke.Do you mean Its very easy?
I need to write the test. Do I need to read their handbook before attending?

Please reply
Thanks
Malathi

Soulie
Newly Registered

Post by Soulie » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:20 am

malathi,

Definately read the book. The exam is a joke because it is very easy, however, if you don't read the book you won't pass.

In any case it's very very easy to pass and I will be surprised if you don't finish the exam in 10 minutes.

malathi
Newly Registered

Post by malathi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:23 am

Soulie wrote:malathi,

Definately read the book. The exam is a joke because it is very easy, however, if you don't read the book you won't pass.

In any case it's very very easy to pass and I will be surprised if you don't finish the exam in 10 minutes.
Thanks.

Will read before going.

Malathi

nellis83
Newly Registered

Post by nellis83 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:19 am

malathi wrote:
Soulie wrote:malathi,

Thanks.

Will read before going.

Malathi
Malathi,

You need to do more than just read the book before the test. You should spend some proper time studying the material and I'd advise taking some practice tests before. These tests are available in books and online. In helping my wife study for her test there were a lot of questions I didn't know the answer to, despite being a born and bred UK citizen.

The test is easy if you've studied, but don't take it lightly or you may well be wasting money on taking it again.