ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Zak_K wrote:Here you go Lynn Image :P
Oh my goodness

after such a detailed description you posted pic as well.
Thanks anyway.

I doubt Vac would allow this.

As I have not seen anybody applying in Vac with such of clips.

Logically they should allow this but practically I have not seen anybody.
These are my personal views only please.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:28 pm

Do you work in a VAC or spend a lot of your time in one, checking on how the applications are presented? I thought your location shows London?

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:31 pm

Well, I punched a hole in the corner of every page, and stuck one of these tags through all my paperwork. My Mrs submitted her application on 3/3/2010.

Zak.

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:32 pm

Casa wrote:Do you work in a VAC or spend a lot of your time in one, checking on how the applications are presented? I thought your location shows London?
@casa I was talking recent experience of my family members and my friends.They have applied at VAC Lahore and Islamabad.My cosuin told me that they did not allowed folders or bags and they put all documnets in their own bags but they allowed paper clip.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Casa wrote:Do you work in a VAC or spend a lot of your time in one, checking on how the applications are presented? I thought your location shows London?
Well alot of the cases (esp from Pakistan) are dealt with in London you know. :P

But anyhows, I would personally advise everybody to use such tags. It just makes life so much easier for the ECO who is probably sipping on his coffee. 8)
Last edited by Zak_K on Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Zak_K wrote:Well, I punched a hole in the corner of every page, and stuck one of these tags through all my paperwork. My Mrs submitted her application on 3/3/2010.

Zak.
Well If you experienced of this then I have to agree with you.
While my family have other story.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:37 pm

Lynnuk wrote:
Zak_K wrote:Well, I punched a hole in the corner of every page, and stuck one of these tags through all my paperwork. My Mrs submitted her application on 3/3/2010.

Zak.
Well If you experienced of this then I have to agree with you.
While my family have other story.
:? I was merely advising fellow members...

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:37 pm

Treasury Tags (as you have now seen) aren't bags or folders...they're an alternative to clips.
Again with respect, the fact that your family and friends haven't used them, doesn't mean they're not accepted.

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:38 pm

Zak_K wrote:
Well alot of the cases (esp from Pakistan) are dealt with in London you know. :P

But anyhows, I would personally advise everybody to use such tags. It just makes life so much easier for the ECO who is probably sipping on his coffee. 8)
What a feeling for ECO?

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Casa wrote:Treasury Tags (as you have now seen) aren't bags or folders...they're an alternative to clips.
Again with respect, the fact that your family and friends haven't used them, doesn't mean they're not accepted.
Yes you are right.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:42 pm

With regards to the paperwork, I'm quite confident that I covered all bases, however I seem to have slipped up on one minor detail and would appreciate opinions on this..

My passport photocopy (sponsor) was not attested, however I did enclose a certified copy of my birth certificate. Is this likely to cause a problem? Surely if it is just for identification purposes my birth certificate should suffice?

Zak.

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Zak_K wrote:With regards to the paperwork, I'm quite confident that I covered all bases, however I seem to have slipped up on one minor detail and would appreciate opinions on this..

My passport photocopy (sponsor) was not attested, however I did enclose a certified copy of my birth certificate. Is this likely to cause a problem? Surely if it is just for identification purposes my birth certificate should suffice?

Zak.
This should have no problem with Birth certificate.

Do you have British Birth certificate?

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:37 pm

Lynnuk wrote:
Zak_K wrote:With regards to the paperwork, I'm quite confident that I covered all bases, however I seem to have slipped up on one minor detail and would appreciate opinions on this..

Zak.

Yes I do. I also included a copy of my passport, but as I said this was not attested.

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:58 pm

Zak_K wrote:
Lynnuk wrote:

Zak.

Yes I do. I also included a copy of my passport, but as I said this was not attested.
You would be fine.This is very rare that visa is refused due to photocopy not attested.Very rare.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:12 pm

Summary of treasury tags vs paperclips (tag team championship 2010 lol.. :D )

Well guys use whatever gadget(paper clips or treasury tags) its upto you. :)
@zak
As far as am concerned i havent submitted my application yet and now as you have won the contest or rather case in favour of treasury tags against the paper clips i would definitely think about the treasury tags :)

Well all of my advice about the paper clips was totally based upon other peoples and my own personal experience as i have trawled through 180 pages of this thread and just thought to recommend the clips thing instead of tags as most of the people commonly used clips instead of tags when handing in their applications but it all depends whatever you use just make sure that every thing has been put togather appropritely just to get rid of after thoughts of weather some thing was include or missed out of the applications. :?
It would be quite helpfull for the ECO if an A4 sheet with documents index has been included in the application as it would be quite easier for the ECO to keep track of what proof has been inluded as in most of the cases i read here on this forum clearly stated that the ECO missed or neglected some particular evidence to look upon(which was even included in the application) which could have been vital for the favourable decision for the applicant.This situation is likely to arise coz of the bundle of docs includedin the application. :P
well Batley khan could give his professional advice.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:16 pm

navalaviator wrote:Summary of treasury tags vs paperclips (tag team championship 2010 lol.. :D )

@zak
As far as am concerned i havent submitted my application yet and now as you have won the contest or rather case in favour of treasury tags against the paper clips i would definitely think about the treasury tags :)

Well all of my advice about the paper clips was totally based upon other peoples and my own personal experience as i have trawled through 180 pages of this thread and just thought to recommend the clips thing instead of tags as most of the people commonly used clips instead of tags when handing in their applications but it all depends whatever you use just make sure that every thing has been put togather appropritely just to get rid of after thoughts of weather some thing was include or missed out of the applications. :?
It would be quite helpfull for the ECO if an A4 sheet with documents index has been included in the application as it would be quite easier for the ECO to keep track of what proof has been inluded as in most of the cases i read here on this forum clearly stated that the ECO missed or neglected some particular evidence to look upon(which was even included in the application) which could have been vital for the favourable decision for the applicant.This situation is likely to arise coz of the bundle of docs includedin the application. :P
I dont know Batley is professional? Is he?

Having forum moderator dont make your professional?

Or I missing something.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Lynnuk wrote:
navalaviator wrote:Summary of treasury tags vs paperclips (tag team championship 2010 lol.. :D )

@zak

I dont know Batley is professional? Is he?

Having forum moderator dont make your professional?

Or I missing something.

oh well now i remember who you are!!! :shock:
Cmon man just dont pick things which are irrelevant to the current thread
:x
And as far as Batley khan is concerned he is a very respected and intellactual who is doing such a noble work of helping people to meet their love ones without any regular fee or something for his authentic,valuable and accurate advice.It is impossible now a days to take out time for other people to help them out and answer their complex or rather complicated immigration queries.
Some times even the solicitors who charge heavy fee to prepare applications just fail to deliver the high quality advice and standard of which they are supposed to provide or are approached by the people result in a blunder or disaster at the applicants end.
To put other peoples(whom you dont know at all and without getting paid some thing) mind at peace by solving thier queries and finding solutions for them is a real pity. :)
conclusion is that Batley khan is a professional and to me he is a Legend 8)
His advice has worked out for me alot and for so many other members at this forum as well.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:47 pm

The last two pages seem to be a debate over nothing. Treasury Tags are not that different to paper clips i.e. if one is allowed so is the other.

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:00 am

It was just a simple question didnt expect this :D

Since Ive bought treasury tags Ill go with those.

Anyway can I hole punch everything, including the TB certficate?

Also someone at the Ufone office mentioned to us that my wifes ID card was in urdu. Can anyone confirm that this would be allowed or must we get the english one. The date is set for the 31st.

deemi

Post by deemi » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:56 am

Salaam guys

just thought I would put up an update as my mrs has just put in her application at the Lahore vac.

There seems to be a lot of discussion about how to hand the papers in so I thought I would let I know what I did.

Basically I prepared a numbered index and then put all the papers in polly pockets (thin plastic wallet things) which I also labeled and numbered. So for example section 1 was the application section 2 the nikah Nama section 3 the translation of the naka nama and so on.
One piece of evidence per polly pocket - 32 in total !!!
I then used treasury tags to hold all the polly pockets together so that it was like a file without being a file!

This was accepted by the vac! In my opinion it seems a good way of organising a file so that the ECO can see where everything is and also keep all your papers together (which was a big worry for me)! Hope this helps.

Finally on a side note I found dhl really good at getting my paperwork to Pakistan. They are expensive but my papers were picked up Friday and delivered on Monday to the door!
Done waiting!!!!

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:59 am

deemi wrote:Salaam guys

just thought I would put up an update as my mrs has just put in her application at the Lahore vac.

There seems to be a lot of discussion about how to hand the papers in so I thought I would let I know what I did.

Basically I prepared a numbered index and then put all the papers in polly pockets (thin plastic wallet things) which I also labeled and numbered. So for example section 1 was the application section 2 the nikah Nama section 3 the translation of the naka nama and so on.
One piece of evidence per polly pocket - 32 in total !!!
I then used treasury tags to hold all the polly pockets together so that it was like a file without being a file!

This was accepted by the vac! In my opinion it seems a good way of organising a file so that the ECO can see where everything is and also keep all your papers together (which was a big worry for me)! Hope this helps.

Finally on a side note I found dhl really good at getting my paperwork to Pakistan. They are expensive but my papers were picked up Friday and delivered on Monday to the door!
I don't mean to make you paranoid, as you have already submitted your application. But just for the sake of other people following your footsteps, the ECO will surely find it quite tedious to take out each peice of paper and then sticking it back in...

But again, just my opinion....

Zak.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:02 am

someperson49 wrote:It was just a simple question didnt expect this :D

Since Ive bought treasury tags Ill go with those.

Anyway can I hole punch everything, including the TB certficate?

Also someone at the Ufone office mentioned to us that my wifes ID card was in urdu. Can anyone confirm that this would be allowed or must we get the english one. The date is set for the 31st.
Good luck with your application bro. I personally holepunched everything. Including the TB certificate. Your wifes ID card should be fine as it is.

Just as a side note, I used some pritstick to glue on the physical pictures on to a plain paper and again holepunched these and added these to the revelent section.

Zak.

deemi

Post by deemi » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:29 am

Zak the work I do also requires me to look at presented evidence and make judgements based on it. Which is why I presented the file like this as a well refrenced file is so easy to read rather than just a block of paper!!

Of course this is just my opinion mind and it may not be right!! And if the ECO is half a professional it shouldn't bother him taking papers out and putting them back in!!! I was just worried that things would go missing as some people have experienced!!
Done waiting!!!!

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:38 am

deemi wrote:Zak the work I do also requires me to look at presented evidence and make judgements based on it. Which is why I presented the file like this as a well refrenced file is so easy to read rather than just a block of paper!!

Of course this is just my opinion mind and it may not be right!! And if the ECO is half a professional it shouldn't bother him taking papers out and putting them back in!!! I was just worried that things would go missing as some people have experienced!!
I understand what you're saying, but when these people are actively searching for reasons to refuse visas, making their life harder is the last thing anyone would want to do.

deemi

Post by deemi » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:51 am

What I am trying to say is that it shouldn't make life harder but easier!
Rather than having to search through a pile of papers to find something they want they can just look at the index and then go to that polly pocket.

Also it would be difficult for them to justify a refusal because they didn't like the way the file was put together!!

Anyway I think the most imortant thing is that all the papers get to them. How u choose to do that shouldn't really make a difference.

Good luck with your wifes app zak - keep us updated to when u get a reply.
Done waiting!!!!