ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

joh118

Post by joh118 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:57 am

Procrastinator wrote:
boonbin wrote:
Welcome to darkness zone.
since you only applied last month, among of us has been waiting over 6 to 7 months, still no news at all, you will be long journey to hear from them! you can start adding yourself on the waiting list.....are you at the right place to shares and comments.
Hello, I applied for indefinite leave to remain in the UK on 30 July 2009. I think, before all of you guys who are still waiting for their ILRs but I applied on the basis of 14 years long residence (sorry this is supposed to be for 10 years only) but I wanted to share with you something...

I submitted extensive documents which included 3 passports, university exam transcripts for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, some old pay slips, NHS health card, various UCAS letters, A level certificates bank statements... hence there was everything I submitted with my application which covers the entire period right from 1994 when I first entered in the UK till present though I had breaks and I have travelled abroad more than 20 times during this 15 years period but the law says that the max visit at any single shouldnt be more than 6 months and total absence shouldnt be longer than 18 months which I have never been abroad more than 3 months and my total length of stay outside UK is less than 18 months.

So anyways, after nearly 8 months of long wait (from the time I made my application, i.e. July 2009), I finally received a letter today from the Home Office (Liverpool office) through my solicitor and they have asked me to provide documentary evidence that I was residing in the UK for the periods Jan 2000 - May 2001 and July 2002 - Dec 2003... which I can get a letter from the Registry from my college that I was enrolled a full time student during this time... they gave me 14 days time to provide this in order for my application to be considered fully and promptly. I'll get that letter from the college tomorrow and send it off this week.

Guys do you think I should expect to hear a good news in 2-3 weeks time? Do you think a college letter is enough evidence... the letter from HO says that it should be from official sources, addresed to the applicant and must predate this letter.

I hope everyone who applied in August 2009 should be able to hear good news from UKBA very soon... it is essentially a waiting game... there is no point to ring the HO or ask your MP to write to them after every month to get an update. I only contacted my MP twice during this 8 months long wait.
sounds like your application is being processed! Knowing the UKBA I would give them at least another month after submitting those doc they wanted.

Just out of interest, were you illegal for the whole time or a mix of legal and illegal stay?

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:34 pm

boonbin wrote:
Anwar16 wrote:Tell me boonbin, why is there No payment taken?

They should do that as soon as they can, does it really take 7 - 8 weeks to take payments.

I applied ILR Set(O) under Long residence.
usually they are efficiently in taken moneys, which payment taken next 1 or 2 days, in your case, really no idea. could be the whole process being delays and suspended under new applicant who applied long residence. you probably have to write to them to find out more. in fact they are thinking to scraps the long residence category soon, and will be treated this category non-priority and unfair, discriminated compare to other.
I and a couple of others applied around this time (me just a week before Anwar) and payment was taken almost immediately - 2 days after the date of the acknowledgement letter, which was dated the day after my application was posted. Can't really see them changing the policy all of a sudden within a week.

Don't know why the delay is. Phone your bank to see if they have attempted payment. Could be a problem at the bank, i.e. they may have put a stop on the payment. Though I am concerned you waited so long to receive your acknowledgement letter, which seems to back-up boonbin's theory.

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:44 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote:
boonbin wrote:
Anwar16 wrote:Tell me boonbin, why is there No payment taken?

They should do that as soon as they can, does it really take 7 - 8 weeks to take payments.

I applied ILR Set(O) under Long residence.
usually they are efficiently in taken moneys, which payment taken next 1 or 2 days, in your case, really no idea. could be the whole process being delays and suspended under new applicant who applied long residence. you probably have to write to them to find out more. in fact they are thinking to scraps the long residence category soon, and will be treated this category non-priority and unfair, discriminated compare to other.
I and a couple of others applied around this time (me just a week before Anwar) and payment was taken almost immediately - 2 days after the date of the acknowledgement letter, which was dated the day after my application was posted. Can't really see them changing the policy all of a sudden within a week.

Don't know why the delay is. Phone your bank to see if they have attempted payment. Could be a problem at the bank, i.e. they may have put a stop on the payment. Though I am concerned you waited so long to receive your acknowledgement letter, which seems to back-up boonbin's theory.
Hi Kiwigirl25:
when you actually applied? under 10 years? just interesting

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:07 pm

boonbin wrote: Hi Kiwigirl25:
when you actually applied? under 10 years? just interesting
Well over 10 years (yeah, I know I'm not allowed post under this thread & it winds some people up). But others here like coolboyuk and another user whose name escapes me applied via 10 yr ILR during late Jan/early Feb and had no problems with their payment or receiving their acknowledgement letter.

Edit - I've just recvd a PM asking if I had a problem with this board. I don't. It's some people are quick to point out to me that my application is different from the 10 year ILR apps so I shouldn't be here confusing matters. I post here because there are some similar aspects, like documentation required, plus I read the long-term residence criteria along with this board over and over and over ... and over again before I applied. So I do have some knowledge and am aware of other people's experience. So there :D

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:26 pm

yes. kiwigirl25 is correct. no prob with payment. it is worth to check with bank or credit card company.

anyways, any more updates from any other applicants ? letters received ? got passport back?

BTW, I am missing out the conference due to this delay.

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:17 pm

I really do NOT see why this thing [ 14 year applicants] is bothering people in this forum ? ? ? ? :evil:

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:27 pm

coolboyuk wrote:I really do NOT see why this thing [ 14 year applicants] is bothering people in this forum ? ? ? ? :evil:
:lol: It's only a small minority.

The only thing different is the criteria of legal/illegal stay. All documentation (though it is better for 14 year apps to provide over the required docs) is the same and the application form is the exact same one. If you read the official UKBA documentation you will see that some of the 10/14 year criteria is "lumped" together.

Processing times are similar especially if the applicant spent some of their stay here legally - see procrastinor's post - only a few have to wait years and you will find that these people were here the majority of their time illegally if not all.

I post here because I don't have anywhere else to go and I need somewhere. 14 year applicants are very few and far inbetween. While there is a huge difference between us, I think I have more in common with the 10 year applicants (we're foreigners and have been here for an extremely long time) than any other type.

We are naughty for staying here illegally but we are nice people and if you bumped into us on the street you would even know about our big secret :wink: We haven't got horns growing our of heads ... maybe :lol:

NoWayOut

Post by NoWayOut » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:31 pm

I don't think that people applying under the 14 year rule are bad people but it does annoy me that 10 year applications get lumped together with 14 year applications. Especially when in other immigration forums I read of someone applying under the 14 year rule in Decemeber 2009 and then getting their ILR after only 3 months of waiting. Whilst all of us who have been here legally have been waiting over 6 months...how is that fair?? It does make me so angry! :evil:

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:49 pm

NoWayOut wrote:I don't think that people applying under the 14 year rule are bad people but it does annoy me that 10 year applications get lumped together with 14 year applications. Especially when in other immigration forums I read of someone applying under the 14 year rule in Decemeber 2009 and then getting their ILR after only 3 months of waiting. Whilst all of us who have been here legally have been waiting over 6 months...how is that fair?? It does make me so angry! :evil:
I agree, it isn't fair. Applications should be dealt with by different units. But it's not the applicant's fault so some people should do well to remember that when posting on here. I am an intelligent human being and if I can help someone on here I will, only if I am confident that the information will positively assist them. Coming to terms with my situation is hard enough without someone, inadvertently, makes me feel like I am to blame or dismisses my advice because I am not a 10 year app.

At the same time I don't think I should have to endure a long wait simply as a punishment for my wrong-doings. I, like the other 14 year applicants, have declared themselves to the UKBA therefore can no longer work. I have no income of any form at the moment so to wait two years ... well I don't know what will become of me :roll: However I don't think I should be given priority over anyone applying on a legal basis.

dolf
Newly Registered

Post by dolf » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:08 pm

NoWayOut wrote:I don't think that people applying under the 14 year rule are bad people but it does annoy me that 10 year applications get lumped together with 14 year applications. Especially when in other immigration forums I read of someone applying under the 14 year rule in Decemeber 2009 and then getting their ILR after only 3 months of waiting. Whilst all of us who have been here legally have been waiting over 6 months...how is that fair?? It does make me so angry! :evil:
I think we have to understand where "NoWayOut" is coming from. There is a huge difference in the term "legal" and "illegal". However, as we all know we are in the same boat. We want to make UK our home. So let's not fight or chase anyone. We should help each other in providing our experience and advice as long as what we are saying is "legal". Good luck to all “legal and illegal aliensâ€

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:14 pm

boonbin wrote:
Hi Oluwa112, how life with of your ILR granted? since you received yours, only Croydon received today, neither one of us has receive anything.

apparently, in Aug 2009, i am pretty sure that UKBA published wesbite still 14 weeks equals to 3 months, i think like sept or oct, they change their service standards waiting time to six months. but the points is they only indicated 95% within 6 months, which ignored 5% of applicants and didnt indicated of 5% of applicants how long have to wait and no timeframe provided. i have actually filled a files at FOI, awaiting a response from them.

i am so frustrated now, i am hoping that they are start working on our applications been waits over 6 moths long.
Hi Boonbin, I must say Life being free is Great! More choices more options and most importantly I can make to to one of my Best friends wedding Overseas!! Its taking Place in less than 2 weeks!

I wish everyone waiting would hear soon and all the Best, Its good news that the waiting list is 1 less now. But just so sad its not quick enough!

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:20 pm

Procrastinator wrote:
boonbin wrote:
Welcome to darkness zone.
since you only applied last month, among of us has been waiting over 6 to 7 months, still no news at all, you will be long journey to hear from them! you can start adding yourself on the waiting list.....are you at the right place to shares and comments.
Hello, I applied for indefinite leave to remain in the UK on 30 July 2009. I think, before all of you guys who are still waiting for their ILRs but I applied on the basis of 14 years long residence (sorry this is supposed to be for 10 years only) but I wanted to share with you something...

I submitted extensive documents which included 3 passports, university exam transcripts for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, some old pay slips, NHS health card, various UCAS letters, A level certificates bank statements... hence there was everything I submitted with my application which covers the entire period right from 1994 when I first entered in the UK till present though I had breaks and I have travelled abroad more than 20 times during this 15 years period but the law says that the max visit at any single shouldnt be more than 6 months and total absence shouldnt be longer than 18 months which I have never been abroad more than 3 months and my total length of stay outside UK is less than 18 months.

So anyways, after nearly 8 months of long wait (from the time I made my application, i.e. July 2009), I finally received a letter today from the Home Office (Liverpool office) through my solicitor and they have asked me to provide documentary evidence that I was residing in the UK for the periods Jan 2000 - May 2001 and July 2002 - Dec 2003... which I can get a letter from the Registry from my college that I was enrolled a full time student during this time... they gave me 14 days time to provide this in order for my application to be considered fully and promptly. I'll get that letter from the college tomorrow and send it off this week.

Guys do you think I should expect to hear a good news in 2-3 weeks time? Do you think a college letter is enough evidence... the letter from HO says that it should be from official sources, addresed to the applicant and must predate this letter.

I hope everyone who applied in August 2009 should be able to hear good news from UKBA very soon... it is essentially a waiting game... there is no point to ring the HO or ask your MP to write to them after every month to get an update. I only contacted my MP twice during this 8 months long wait.
WOW that sounds like Good news to me!!! And Yes University Letter should be more than enough. cos U would have need to attend classes and hand in course work for the stated period and I know some universities are very strict on attendance (mine was) no attendance meant Fail at my university!

Hopefully your wait will be over soon! Kiwigirl This information should bring you good news! 8 months wait :)

oluwa112

Re: Potential delays and disruption for passengers and appli

Post by oluwa112 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:23 pm

foxy wrote: If the rule Oluwa refers to about the 15 months is right and still valid at the end of the year, then this makes this wait slightly more palatable I suppose.
Yep Yep! Hopefully the 15months is definitely right considering its on the Home office website, main issue is that Rule remains till further notice! since the delay was caused by no fault of ours.

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:38 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote:
I agree, it isn't fair. Applications should be dealt with by different units. But it's not the applicant's fault so some people should do well to remember that when posting on here. I am an intelligent human being and if I can help someone on here I will, only if I am confident that the information will positively assist them. Coming to terms with my situation is hard enough without someone, inadvertently, makes me feel like I am to blame or dismisses my advice because I am not a 10 year app.

At the same time I don't think I should have to endure a long wait simply as a punishment for my wrong-doings. I, like the other 14 year applicants, have declared themselves to the UKBA therefore can no longer work. I have no income of any form at the moment so to wait two years ... well I don't know what will become of me :roll: However I don't think I should be given priority over anyone applying on a legal basis.
SIGH we are all fighting the same battle people what we have in common is that this Long Residence rule was applied out of Human rights compassion which is why I guess they Lump us together with Refugees (now dont get started on that Lumping, way more frustrating cos their criteria is completely different)...

They are basically more or less the same. The only difference is that 14yrs illegal for whatever reason stopped being Legal, hence why they are punished further with 4 more Years of wait compared to us 10 years legals.... ( well they are also punished by requiring more documentation than us 10year applicants).

Kiwigirl Pls do not hesitate to comment. As long as you have paid to have your situation rectified we are all on equal playing grounds.

I know 3 members of the same family who applied on 10yrs Basis. Though they were all legal, cos 2 of them lost their passport and where not to careful taking care of documentation (arrived since age 12 each family member for secondary education) they had to prove to UKBA that they were indeed legal and actually resident in the UK! That is basis of Long Residence... Prove that U were resident over the years you are claiming.

1 took 20working days to decide
1 took 12months to decide
1 took 2.5yrs to decide

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:00 pm

oluwa112 - It is so good to hear you are enjoying life as a settled resident. Let's hope that we can all say something similar in the coming weeks or months.

Indeed the news of the 8 month wait was the best thing I've read in 9 weeks, nearly 10 (not that I'm counting the days :lol: ).
oluwa112 wrote:
They are basically more or less the same. The only difference is that 14yrs illegal for whatever reason stopped being Legal, hence why they are punished further with 4 more Years of wait compared to us 10 years legals.... ( well they are also punished by requiring more documentation than us 10year applicants).

Kiwigirl Pls do not hesitate to comment. As long as you have paid to have your situation rectified we are all on equal playing grounds.

So eloquently put. People also have to remember that 14 years apps are NOT refugees. We are paid applicants, I had to pay the same amount as the 10 year application plus solicitor fees.

Funny thing is, the people that have commented on this topic are the people that have always made me feel welcome here. Not the "guilty" ones.

NoWayOut

Post by NoWayOut » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:07 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote:

I wasn't having a go at you kiwigirl25, i apologise if you interpreted it that way. I'm not angry at those applying under the 14 year rule, the only people I'm angry at is UKBA!! If anything I'm incredibly jealous of the person on the other immigration forum who applied under the 14 year rule and got ILR in 3 months but not angry with them.

I don't mean to be nosey but before applying for ILR how was it possible for you to work/ support yourself for the past 14 years?

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:34 pm

NoWayOut wrote:
I wasn't having a go at you kiwigirl25, i apologise if you interpreted it that way. I'm not angry at those applying under the 14 year rule, the only people I'm angry at is UKBA!! If anything I'm incredibly jealous of the person on the other immigration forum who applied under the 14 year rule and got ILR in 3 months but not angry with them.

I don't mean to be nosey but before applying for ILR how was it possible for you to work/ support yourself for the past 14 years?
I know you weren't!!! My comments weren't direct at you, so I too apologise :oops:

Erm, that is incredibily nosey :wink: I suppose 'coz I've now 'fessed up to UKBA it's okay to tell my story. I've nothing to lose, have I?

It was very easy. I arrived in this country legally, with work permit in hand and a job waiting. My work permit expired (I don't really know why I didn't attempt to extend it at the time) and my employers didn't ask to see any extension despite have a copy of my original visa in their files. As time went on no-one what-so-ever questioned my status; my employers, tax office, police (I've reported a few crimes since being illegal) or the NHS, but why should they as I have paid NI for the past 17 years. I've even had security checks carried out on me without problems. I've only stopped working because I took voluntary redundancy when I realised that I was able to apply for ILR. Plus at that time the premium service was still on offer so I thought it would be a quick process.

I DON'T advocate this type of action what-so-ever. It I had a chance to live my life again I would have done everything above board, including applying for an extension. Immigration measures have now been tighten and I did arrive at a time when record keeping wasn't it's best. Though in saying that, when I first came to the UK on a working holiday permit I did get a letter from the Home Office reminding me that my time was almost up. I think that maybe there was an administration error when I arrived this time. Why didn't something flag up in the security check or in the police records? :?

hangermajor
Newly Registered

??

Post by hangermajor » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:23 am

10 years long residency :

I called home office today , luckily today I found a nice lady on the phone and very gentle , i told her about my situation of a long wait nearly 6 months and one week , she did not speak to me like a robot or other people in the past ,, I asked her what is going on with my case ,, she said it is nearly completed and they have not dispached documents yet,,,, she also said very soon you will hear from us ,,,,,,,,,,,

what do you think about this ? I think I will hear in a week or 2 weeks time ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,god help me and I pray for each and every one to get their positive result as soon as possible.

Please write if anyone has a progress,,,,,,,,,,thanks

hangermajor

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:37 am

what? did you apply via premium service kiwigal25 ?

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:57 am

coolboyuk wrote:what? did you apply via premium service kiwigal25 ?
No. When I started getting my application together the premium service was available, which my solicitor was going to use on my behalf. However some documentation proved hard to get which forced me to submit my application in January 2010. :(

PS I like kiwigal better than "girl". Wonder if the mods will let me change my name

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:22 pm

ha..ha. i dont think you can change the user name now. but I [or we] will call you kiwigal25 from now on if that makes you happy...lol :lol:

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:25 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote: PS I like kiwigal better than "girl". Wonder if the mods will let me change my name
That is possible dear . I myself had a name change a month or so ago , if you wish to have your id changed all you need to do is send a private message to John :wink:

He mention name changes in this thread >> http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=50959 .
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

thms
Newly Registered

Re: ??

Post by thms » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:16 pm

hangermajor wrote:10 years long residency :

I called home office today , luckily today I found a nice lady on the phone and very gentle , i told her about my situation of a long wait nearly 6 months and one week , she did not speak to me like a robot or other people in the past ,, I asked her what is going on with my case ,, she said it is nearly completed and they have not dispached documents yet,,,, she also said very soon you will hear from us ,,,,,,,,,,,

what do you think about this ? I think I will hear in a week or 2 weeks time ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,god help me and I pray for each and every one to get their positive result as soon as possible.

Please write if anyone has a progress,,,,,,,,,,thanks

hangermajor
Fingers crossed Hangermajor..... I did not have such luck this morning when I called. The stoned voiced lady who answered my call told me she is unable to give any info other than " your application is not yet completed". Very frustrating.

boonbin

replied from FOI

Post by boonbin » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:21 am

I got replied from FOI which can share with you all stated below:

Thank you for your enquiry of 11 March in which you have requested information regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) applications pertaining to 10 years continuous stay. This has been dealt with under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

1)
UKBA website waiting time:
•decide 95% of postal applications within six months; and
•decide 90% of applications made in person at a public enquiry
office within 24 hours.

1.If applicants apply on premium service they will get their ILR
with in 24 hours. If applicants send it through post then it may
take 6 months or more. Premium service paid £200 more than postal
applicant so that they get more privilege?

Ans: 1) Applications made at the Public Enquiry Office PEO are charged at a higher rate due to the increased processing costs involved in turning an application around in one day.

2)
From 1st January 2010 UKBA stopped accepting same day applications
for people applying under 10 years continuous legal stay in UK
category.

Would appreciate if exact reason is disclosed for withdrawing the
same day facility for people applying under '10 years continuous
legal stay in UK' ILR while still allowing some other categories
applying for ILR the facility to apply under the same day premium
service facility as this directive could be perhaps highly
discriminatory in nature.

Ans: 2) PEO provides a same day premium service for straightforward immigration applications. This service attracts a higher fee than an application that is submitted by post. Every effort is made to complete a case on the same day, but it has become increasingly difficult to provide a premium service for applications made on the basis of length of residence.

The fact that there have been significant changes to Immigration Rules over recent years, and that applications made on the basis of residence can cover a wide variety of immigration categories over the period in question, means that cases often take longer than a day to complete. The PEO have given a commitment to the Home Affairs Committee to review and monitor case types in the PEO and to ensure unsuitable cases are removed from the list of services provided. In view of the fact that these cases are no longer straightforward, and acceptance of such cases in the PEO results in applicants having to pay a premium charge, it is not considered appropriate or reasonable to accept premium applications in this category where a premium service may not be delivered.

This change was laid out in the Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules laid before Parliament on 10 December 2009 under section 3(2) of the Immigration Act 1971.

3)
Accordingly on UKBA website waiting time for ILR applications for
long stay applications is as follows:

• UKBA decides 95% of postal applications within six months;

Please could you give a exact breakdown (actual numbers) of
application received between 1st February 2009 and 28th February
2010 under ‘10 years continuous legal stay in UK’ indefinite leave
to remain category and how many of these applications (actual
numbers) were decided within 6 months?

Please could you also in your reply give exact breakdown of number
of cases which UKBA took more than 6 months to decide between the
period 1st Feb. 2009 and 28th Feb 2010?

Also, what was the average time as well as maximum time taken to
decide cases which fall in the remaining 5% that do not get a
decision within 6 months of their ILR applications?

ANS:
3) Please see the table below in answer to question 3. We have provided the following information because applications submitted on 28th February 2010 are still being considered and we are therefore unable to provide accurate information.

We have therefore supplied the following information:

- Number of applications received in this date period.
- Number of applications decided in this date period
(although the decided applications may have been submitted before the 1st Feb 2009 date).
- Number of decisions made within 6 months.
- Number of decisions made outside 6 months.
- The average consideration time for cases made outside 6 months.
- The maximum consideration time for cases made outside 6 months.

Applications 5,270
Decisions 5,090
Decisions (Within 6mths) 3,890
Decisions (Over 6mths) 1,200
Average Consideration Time in Working Days (For Over 6mths) 563
Maximum Consideration Time in Working Days 2,060
Notes:
1. Applications based on cases raised between the 1 Feb 2009 and the 28 Feb 2010.
2. Decision, Average and Maximum figures based on cases despatched between the 1 Feb 2009 and the 28 Feb 2010.
3. All figures rounded to the nearest 5 (except the average).
4. Figures based on local Management Information only and are not subject to National Statistics Protocol. The figures are therefore provisional and subject to change.

4)
please could UKBA confirm whether when processing
applications, applications under '10 years continuous lawful stay
in UK' ILR category are clubbed along with asylum applications in
UKBA i.e. caseworkers of a particular unit in UKBA who are assigned
to deal with asylum applications are also assigned to deal with '10
years continuous legal stay in UK' applications?

ANS: 4) I can confirm that applications made under 10 Years Long Residence are not routinely considered within Asylum casework units.

aman5

Post by aman5 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:03 am

Please correct my calculation if I have goofed up (in my calculation) but 3890 (decisions within 6 months) divided by total of 5090 decisions taken by the UKBA last year (Feb. 2009 to Feb. 2010) comes to 76.42%.

So how come the UKBA is claiming 95% of decisions are taken within 6 months?