ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:29 pm

OK, About the applicants documents in that batleykhan post

"4. provide an original NIC card with 1 photocopy"

I guess this copy is part of the original and not part of the copy of the whole application. Would this need to be certified? seems pointless since the original is also handed in.

t_a786

Post by t_a786 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:13 pm

Hi,

Has any 1 got thier passports back after getting visa stamps recently? My hubby's pp been 5 weeks now and no response. My MP sent a letter lets see.

If anyone do get thier passports back please let us know.

Many thanks

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:35 pm

t_a786 wrote:Hi,

Has any 1 got thier passports back after getting visa stamps recently? My hubby's pp been 5 weeks now and no response. My MP sent a letter lets see.

Many thanks
Hi,

my sister's husband also submitted his application almost 5 weeks ago at the Mirpur Vac. He still is awaiting for his application to return.

Lately they seem to be to be doing alot of enquiries i.e contacting sponsors employers, hm revenue and so on( they contacted my sisters employer and ive also read several posts whos applications have queried in the another forum). Hence the possible delay with your application.

By any chance your local MP isnt labour is it ? (bhc current processing guidlines of settlement application is 12 weeks) So technically they dont have to respond to your mp. Also your lucky to have your MP chase your application just after 5 weeks have passed. Most MPs dont evern bother responding to you until the official 12 week deadline has passed.

Just goes to show how mps respond and address constituents queries during an upcoming election.

I hope you have good news soon.

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:39 pm

someperson49 wrote:OK, About the applicants documents in that batleykhan post

I guess this copy is part of the original and not part of the copy of the whole application. Would this need to be certified? seems pointless since the original is also handed in.
Hi

When handing your application you need to submit the original documents and a photocopy of them which MUST be on 100gsm paper.

So when handing your application ensure your wife has the orignal docs and photocopy of the orginal docs when submitting her application.

t_a786

Post by t_a786 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:23 pm

ukusman wrote:

Many thanks
Hi,

my sister's husband also submitted his application almost 5 weeks ago at the Mirpur Vac. He still is awaiting for his application to return.

Lately they seem to be to be doing alot of enquiries i.e contacting sponsors employers, hm revenue and so on( they contacted my sisters employer and ive also read several posts whos applications have queried in the another forum). Hence the possible delay with your application.

By any chance your local MP isnt labour is it ? (bhc current processing guidlines of settlement application is 12 weeks) So technically they dont have to respond to your mp. Also your lucky to have your MP chase your application just after 5 weeks have passed. Most MPs dont evern bother responding to you until the official 12 week deadline has passed.

Just goes to show how mps respond and address constituents queries during an upcoming election.

Hi, Thank you for your reply. I don't understand after appeal and overturned the dicision they are doing checks again. It has been a year why doing double checks. Is this a joke?

When hubby gave the passport they said max 15 days. So I don't understand now we phone and they say upto 3 months.

Why these people doing this?

Many thanks

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:38 pm

t_a786 wrote:
ukusman wrote:

Many thanks
Hi,

Hi, Thank you for your reply. I don't understand after appeal and overturned the dicision they are doing checks again. It has been a year why doing double checks. Is this a joke?

When hubby gave the passport they said max 15 days. So I don't understand now we phone and they say upto 3 months.

Many thanks

Hi if this case was an appeal then there shouldnt be furhter checks. I actually didnt know your history and assumed it was a new application. However the turnaround for the visa to be stampped on an overturned appeal is usually quick. But can take up to 12 weeks. So hold tight.

good luck

sabeennaz
Newly Registered

Post by sabeennaz » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:24 am

ukusman wrote:
t_a786 wrote:
ukusman wrote:

Many thanks
Hi,

Many thanks

Hi if this case was an appeal then there shouldnt be furhter checks. I actually didnt know your history and assumed it was a new application. However the turnaround for the visa to be stampped on an overturned appeal is usually quick. But can take up to 12 weeks. So hold tight.

good luck

Just wondering, after a fresh appliaction I am sure they are checked. If one submitts an appeal after, are they checked again? or only if there are problems?

khalid83
Newly Registered

Pakistan EEA Application

Post by khalid83 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:03 am

Hi everyone,

I just joined this site and maybe the topic is already discussed but i need some info.

I am from Holland and EEA country and i also have a PR in the UK. I have been residing in the UK for 7 years. My wife submitted an EEA family permit application in Islamabad, Pakistan about a week ago and with her application she included the following supporting statements.

1) Three wage slips and a letter of my employer confirming my employment status
2) Tenancy agreement
3) three months bank statements
4) My but to let mortgage statement and also the tenancy agreement for this property
5) Bank statements showing my savings
6) house inspection report
7) a copy of PR and passport

I hope you guys can help me.

thank you,

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:51 pm

OK, About the applicants documents in that batleykhan post

The applicant need to hand in the original NIC in, as well as a copy of it.

No need to certify any of teh applicants documents as teh originals are being handed in at the same time.

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:41 pm

sabeennaz wrote:
ukusman wrote:
t_a786 wrote:
ukusman wrote:
Hi,

Many thanks

good luck

Just wondering, after a fresh appliaction I am sure they are checked. If one submitts an appeal after, are they checked again? or only if there are problems?
When you submit an appeal the documents are rechekced by an entry clearance manager who then decides wheather to overturn the appeal or let it go to the court. Overturning the original decision on a review depends on the reason the application was refused initially.

deemi

Post by deemi » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:46 pm

Salaam guys

just a quick question. Anyone know what kind of turnaround there is at the moment for visa apps?? I had a look at the stats and for Lahore vac settlement applications in February and 70% were being done in 2 days and within 15 days 85% of applcations were completed. Anyone experience this???

apparantley the timing starts from when u submit at the vac and is working days. Seems really quick to me and not in line with most on this board.
Done waiting!!!!

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:55 pm

Hello

On the vaf4a form,
"8.7.14 How much of your sponsor’s total monthly income >>>
is given to their family members and other dependants?"

If your living with parents can you just put zero or must you be showing a contribution to the household.

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:46 am

deemi wrote:Salaam guys

just a quick question. Anyone know what kind of turnaround there is at the moment for visa apps?? I had a look at the stats and for Lahore vac settlement applications in February and 70% were being done in 2 days and within 15 days 85% of applcations were completed. Anyone experience this???

apparantley the timing starts from when u submit at the vac and is working days. Seems really quick to me and not in line with most on this board.
recently submitted a fiancee settlement application in mirpur and it took exactly 1 month to get it back (with visa stamp :lol: ) it was actually done very quick but the delay is in the passport/docs going to and from croydon (london).

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:06 am

someperson49 wrote:Hello

On the vaf4a form,

If your living with parents can you just put zero or must you be showing a contribution to the household.
I had the same question not so long ago - u need to put a figure that leaves enough for you and your spouse.

100 per week as per law x 4 weeks = 400 x 2 persons = 800

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:08 am

A question for those who recently submitted their visa application...

did you submit online version of the form or did you go get one from Gerrys, fill that in and use that?

I asked this Q on the forum a few weeks ago and members were unsure as apparently Gerrys accept online forms but sometimes dont.

i will look to apply at islamabad branch

deemi

Post by deemi » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:21 am

I used the one downloaded from the web and this was accepted for my wife in Lahore.

If I remember correctly it seems that the islamabad vac are the ones that have a problem with using the downloaded form. Not sure if that's tru tho.
Done waiting!!!!

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:28 pm

RHussain07 wrote:A question for those who recently submitted their visa application...

did you submit online version of the form or did you go get one from Gerrys, fill that in and use that?

I asked this Q on the forum a few weeks ago and members were unsure as apparently Gerrys accept online forms but sometimes dont.

i will look to apply at islamabad branch
My solicitor downloaded a copy and filled it out. At the very last question 'Did you use an agent to fill in this form' he ticked yes, and stamped it.

I asked him the very same question and he said he does this day in and day out. Having said that, I did apply at the Mirpur VAC.

MohammedKhan2009

Withdrawal of Appeal.

Post by MohammedKhan2009 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi, my solicitor received a letter today saying that the ECM, has withdrawn his decision of appeal and will grant the visa.

How long do they take to call, to say bring your passport?
How long do they take to stamp the passport?
Do you need to take a valid TB certificate with you?
Is there anything else they might ask?

Thanks

Mohammed Khan

17F4N
Newly Registered

Post by 17F4N » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:19 pm

Many thanks
Yes my wife got her passport back after 10 days.... and she is arriving tomorrow evening..

there was no involvement from MP or Solicitors.. it was just me chasing them...

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:45 pm

8.2.13 Place of issue >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

regarding the passport can anyone tell me if GBR is enough, cant find aany other detail on my passport.

Thanks.

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:31 pm

someperson49 wrote:8.2.13 Place of issue >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

regarding the passport can anyone tell me if GBR is enough, cant find aany other detail on my passport.

Thanks.
i put liverpool as thats where i sent my application and that was fine

t_a786

Post by t_a786 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:09 pm

17F4N wrote:

Many thanks
Yes my wife got her passport back after 10 days.... and she is arriving tomorrow evening..

there was no involvement from MP or Solicitors.. it was just me chasing them...
Hi,

Thank you for your response. If you don't mind me asking how and who did you ring? It has been 5 weeks for my husband no response. I phoned gerry's office they say nothing there. Ring 5 days time three times they said that.

Please do let me know who to contact?

Many thanks.

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:58 pm

Asalaam Alakium,

By the Grace of Allah my wife has been granted her visa. Inshallah I will be going to get her next month.

Applied 24/02/2010 @ Lahore
Decision made 11/03/2010
Status Changed 25/03/2010
Collected 29/03/2010

I'm not sure if this is normal practice or something new but submitted her original passport with the application. Her documents and passport with visa stamp was handed back to her.

billo

Post by billo » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:14 am

RHussain07 wrote:
someperson49 wrote:Hello

On the vaf4a form,

I had the same question not so long ago - u need to put a figure that leaves enough for you and your spouse.

100 per week as per law x 4 weeks = 400 x 2 persons = 800
It's actually £101 per week for both of you. If you're culculating monthly then uts around £475 for both of you. So every week you need to have at leat £101 remaining, which is the income support that a couple would receive.

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:06 am

[quote="RHussain07"][quote="someperson49"]Hello

On the vaf4a form,

If your living with parents can you just put zero or must you be showing a contribution to the household.[/quote]

100 per week as per law x 4 weeks = 400 x 2 persons = 800[/quote]

OK, but do you have to put a figure there if your living with parents.