ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how long before you get call letter from pakistan!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

naseer78
Newly Registered

how long before you get call letter from pakistan!

Post by naseer78 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:36 pm

can anyone help? recieved letter saying that my appeal has been overturned so how long befor gerrys contact me? also how long does it take to get passport stamped from pakistan?
thanks for your help!

t_a786

Re: how long before you get call letter from pakistan!

Post by t_a786 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:48 pm

naseer78 wrote:can anyone help? recieved letter saying that my appeal has been overturned so how long befor gerrys contact me? also how long does it take to get passport stamped from pakistan?
thanks for your help!
Hi,

In my husband's case it didnt take that long within week he got the letter. He had to do his TB test certif again and rest of the document that they asked for were My hubby had overturned appeal as well.

Originally, his case was submitted 28th april 09. We got married on 28th March 09. Nearly a year but no sign him coming here yet.

It is so frustrating.

I am just praying for everyone whom waiting for the passports.

Hope it is not that long.

naseer78
Newly Registered

Post by naseer78 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:26 pm

when did u appeal? and when did you re-submit your passport?

t_a786

Post by t_a786 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:33 pm

naseer78 wrote:when did u appeal? and when did you re-submit your passport?
we sent appeal papers on 9th august 09. Feb the 12th 10 they overturned the decision. and call letter arrived. 21st feb 10 we resubmitted all doc again. And now waiting for the passport to come back.

naseer78
Newly Registered

Post by naseer78 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:42 pm

[quote="t_a786"][quote="naseer78"]when did u appeal? and when did you re-submit your passport?[/quote]

we sent appeal papers on 9th august 09. Feb the 12th 10 they overturned the decision. and call letter arrived. 21st feb 10 we resubmitted all doc again. And now waiting for the passport to come back.[/quote]

ok been a long time then inshalla you will hear from them soon

afather
BANNED

hii

Post by afather » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:01 am

just wanted to ask where did u submit ur appeal in abu dhabi or ait in uk......because ive send my appeal to abu dhabi and have been told by abudhabi that it will take up 3 months for the review b4 they will send my appeal to ait in uk
can you guys guide me that what happens what is the procedure of an appeal ive been to ait uk website but dont think they follow that procedure and can i fax the further evidence once my appeal is with ait in uk please thanks

naseer78
Newly Registered

Re: hii

Post by naseer78 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:14 am

just wanted to ask where did u submit ur appeal in abu dhabi or ait in uk......because ive send my appeal to abu dhabi and have been told by abudhabi that it will take up 3 months for the review b4 they will send my appeal to ait in uk
can you guys guide me that what happens what is the procedure of an appeal ive been to ait uk website but dont think they follow that procedure and can i fax the further evidence once my appeal is with ait in uk please thanks

well i logged my appeal with ait and got a reply in 7 weeks and i think you cant logg your appeal with both its either uk or abudubai!

lubzy

Post by lubzy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:21 pm

[/quote]we sent appeal papers on 9th august 09. Feb the 12th 10 they overturned the decision. and call letter arrived. 21st feb 10 we resubmitted all doc again. And now waiting for the passport to come back.[/quote]

My husband resubmitted on 9th March 2010 after an allowed appeal. They seem to be telling people 28 days for return of passport at the moment so going by that, Insha'Allah you will get a call next week.

Have you been calling Gerry's for an update? I know a lot of people on this forum don't think Gerry's are helpful, but my experience of them has been okay so far. I have heard however that if you don't chase them up they can sit on your passport if you don't answer the first time they try to call you.

naseer78
Newly Registered

Post by naseer78 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:25 pm

we sent appeal papers on 9th august 09. Feb the 12th 10 they overturned the decision. and call letter arrived. 21st feb 10 we resubmitted all doc again. And now waiting for the passport to come back.[/quote]

My husband resubmitted on 9th March 2010 after an allowed appeal. They seem to be telling people 28 days for return of passport at the moment so going by that, Insha'Allah you will get a call next week.

Have you been calling Gerry's for an update? I know a lot of people on this forum don't think Gerry's are helpful, but my experience of them has been okay so far. I have heard however that if you don't chase them up they can sit on your passport if you don't answer the first time they try to call you.

well i got letter in uk on 19th march and they havent recieved letter or call in pakistan also does my wife have to do tb test again?

t_a786

Post by t_a786 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:14 pm

well i got letter in uk on 19th march and they havent recieved letter or call in pakistan also does my wife have to do tb test again?[/quote]

Hi

I have tried calling gerry's office so is my husband but no response. I have sent many emails but no reply. seen online IT work is going on so embessy is closed.

It will tuesday when it all opens up so we can call again.

Yes your wife has to get TB test done again. if is finished. check the date on TB certi.

Good luck. soon as you resubmit the better it will be.

naseer78
Newly Registered

Post by naseer78 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:50 pm

well she got tb test done in dec 2009 so it still should be in date i hope!

lubzy

Post by lubzy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:56 pm

TB certificates are valid for six months.

naseer78
Newly Registered

Post by naseer78 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:51 am

to everyone

its been 6 days since i was informed that my wifes appeal has been overturnrd and still no call or letter im getting stressed out!!!!!!

t_a786

Post by t_a786 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:09 pm

naseer78 wrote:to everyone

its been 6 days since i was informed that my wifes appeal has been overturnrd and still no call or letter im getting stressed out!!!!!!
Hi, Naseer78 have you got the letter yet. I Don't know If you know that there was some closures in embassy in pakistan. Some IT work was going on. May thats why letter not been sent.

Has any1 got thier passport stamped? How long does it takes? My husband's passport been 5 weeks now. Our anniversary is on 28th been a year.

Why they are taking so long?

Please lets us if any 1 got any response. I have emailed phoned but no response. My MP sent a letter as well lets see now?

naseer78
Newly Registered

Post by naseer78 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:58 pm

to t_a786

hi ya i got letter last friday 19th march saying appeal has been overturned and my wife in pakistan still aint got call or letter to say submit your passport yet i hope they recieve letter quick so its been 8 days now since i received letter!!!!! also how long did it take you to get a call or letter saying submit your passport??????????

t_a786

Post by t_a786 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:06 pm

naseer78 wrote:to t_a786

hi ya i got letter last friday 19th march saying appeal has been overturned and my wife in pakistan still aint got call or letter to say submit your passport yet i hope they recieve letter quick so its been 8 days now since i received letter!!!!! also how long did it take you to get a call or letter saying submit your passport??????????
Hi,

It was an Immigration uk boader agency letter and bottom of the letter it was ticked boxes things to resubmit with name and date of birth, passport number on it. My husband got letter first and then I recieved letter from AIT few days later. Where does your wife lives in pakistan. As in Karachi my hubby lives and post is so bad half of the time you don't get letters. I think you should contact Gerry or your partner and tell them that you got AIT letter to say the dicision been overturned.

naseer78
Newly Registered

Post by naseer78 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:58 pm

It was an Immigration uk boader agency letter and bottom of the letter it was ticked boxes things to resubmit with name and date of birth, passport number on it. My husband got letter first and then I recieved letter from AIT few days later. Where does your wife lives in pakistan. As in Karachi my hubby lives and post is so bad half of the time you don't get letters. I think you should contact Gerry or your partner and tell them that you got AIT letter to say the dicision been overturned.

i got letter from ait first and they have reieved nothing in pakistan and they live in azad kashmir pakistan also our application was given in islambad so i call their? so whats the best number to call? and what do i say? do they as for any reference numbers etc?

t_a786

Post by t_a786 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:17 pm

naseer78 wrote:It was an Immigration uk boader agency letter and bottom of the letter it was ticked boxes things to resubmit with name and date of birth, passport number on it. My husband got letter first and then I recieved letter from AIT few days later. Where does your wife lives in pakistan. As in Karachi my hubby lives and post is so bad half of the time you don't get letters. I think you should contact Gerry or your partner and tell them that you got AIT letter to say the dicision been overturned.

i got letter from ait first and they have reieved nothing in pakistan and they live in azad kashmir pakistan also our application was given in islambad so i call their? so whats the best number to call? and what do i say? do they as for any reference numbers etc?
Hi,

Check gerry's pakistan visa information website all the contacts are there. ALso they will need any refrence you might have on your letter. and your partner's passport number and date of birth and name and address.

If not then contact AIT people that sent you a letter. Ask them to help you with the letter. They are good and can advice you as well.

Many thanks

naseer78
Newly Registered

Post by naseer78 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:05 am

ok i will ring them up on monday and see what they say or i might as my soliciter to phone them!!!!

naseer78
Newly Registered

Post by naseer78 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:09 pm

my wife has received a letter askin her to submit her passport so hopefully monday passport will be submitted then will have to wait for the passport to come back with a stamp!!!!!!!!!!!1

t_a786

Post by t_a786 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:02 pm

naseer78 wrote:my wife has received a letter askin her to submit her passport so hopefully monday passport will be submitted then will have to wait for the passport to come back with a stamp!!!!!!!!!!!1
Hi,

thats a very good news. Sooner the better. Just get her to make an appointment with gerry's office.

naseer78
Newly Registered

Post by naseer78 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:00 pm

thats a very good news. Sooner the better. Just get her to make an appointment with gerry's office.

thanks will do! have you had any news on your passport yet?

lubzy

Post by lubzy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:22 am

Naseer Bhai

Can you let us know how long Gerry's say it will take for your wife to get her passport back, when she submits on Monday? A couple of months ago they were saying 21 days, then at the start of this month they started telling people 28 days so it would be interesting to see whether they amend their estimated processing times in line with the current timings.

Thanks

naseer78
Newly Registered

Post by naseer78 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:32 am

ok will do also dont they stamp it their and then?

t_a786

Post by t_a786 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:29 pm

naseer78 wrote:ok will do also dont they stamp it their and then?
No no reply as yet. My MP has written to them. When my husband resubmitted things they said 2 weeks to 4 weeks and it has been five weeks now. Hopeing monday will bring some good news.

Please do let us know what they say to your wife. How long will it be.........

Many thanks