ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Query about pass points required after April 6th 2010

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anitha.venkat
Newly Registered

Urgent Query about pass points required after April 6th 2010

Post by anitha.venkat » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:12 pm

Hi all,

My husband is looking to apply for HSW Tier 1 General UK visa and verifying his eligibility in Points Based Calculator.

Query is:

The summarised article in workpermit.com http://workpermit.com/news/2010-03-21/u ... pril.htm#1
says the following :

# The passmark from 6 April 2010 will be 95 points compared to the current 75 points.

But I see that in the current PBS system itself http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf, we need to gain

section A (attributes) will be 75
section B (English) will be 10
section C (Maintenance) will be 10

and pass mark = 95 points in total

If the total points required is 95, then why is it mentioned so in workpermit.com ?
Can senior members or other members please clarify .
This is very important because based on this we need to speed up our application as we may not get enough points after Apr 6th, so its kind of urgent query.

Thanks in advance,
Anitha

anitha.venkat
Newly Registered

workpermit.com has changed UK tier 1 Apr 6th changes article

Post by anitha.venkat » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:27 pm

I jus confirmed it with the same but cached article from google :
http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:EP ... =firefox-a

So does it mean that there is no change in points requirements to meet the eligibility ?

Thanks,
Anitha

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:04 pm

Hi

the new rules will need 75 points + 10 for english + 10 for maintenance, but points for earning are high in new rules, you can find the details in http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... -of-policy

Also i don't see in above artical from workpermit.com that you need 95 points to qualify rather than 75.

Regards,
Tipu

anitha.venkat
Newly Registered

Post by anitha.venkat » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:11 pm

hi tipu,

What is the points requirement in the current PBS for Attributes, English & Maintenance ?

Yes, immediately after I posted my message, that point has been removed from that link. To confirm my message, you can refer the cached link in my 2nd message in the same thread.

Thanks for ur reply,
Anitha

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

hi,

you are getting side tracked here, me thinks

Keep it simple...

Are you going to apply before 6 April OR after 6 April.

If its after 6 April than you dont need to "compare" between how points are granted currently and when new rules are enforced. All you need to be concerned about is if you have enough points for tier 1 general ,under new rules (whatever that figure is i.e 75,95 whatever)

search this forum discussing new rules and changes that it will bring to further familiarize yourself.

UKBA calculator will be updated after 6 April to show those changes.

Hope it helps.

Regards

PS. Cached web pages should not be trusted because they might have updated something on their official page which wont be reflected on the cached results.

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:53 am

It should be remembered that attributes section requires 75 points minimum for qualification in addition to English and Maintenance sections which require 10 points necessarily for each. i.e. These have to be met at any cost and hence if somebody scores 75 points in attributes, they have to pass English requirement and Maintenance before applying for a visa. Tier - I guidance speaks about 75 points minimum w.r.t. Attributes only.

Thanks
Raghavendran G

anitha.venkat
Newly Registered

Post by anitha.venkat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:29 am

I think the point mentioned in the article in workpermit.com, which was present earlier confused me.
I think the total points (95) required to pass PBS will not change after April 6th.

Thanks friends.