ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is the board time wrong for you?

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

John

Is the board time wrong for you?

Post by John » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Much of the world has the habit to alter its clocks a couple of times per year. The UK put its clocks back yesterday. But now, are posts now out in time? Do you want to know how to correct that?

Click here to open your profile. Near the bottom of the list that will appear is Timezone. Alter that as necessary. For example if in the UK, alter to "GMT" rather than "GMT + 1 hour".

Of course click on the "Submit" button to confirm the change you are making.

If the correct entry is made in Timezone, the time of posts will be correct, for wherever you are in the world.
John

John

Post by John » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:31 am

Of course what you would do now, if in the UK, is to alter the setting from "GMT" to "GMT + 1 hour".
John

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:13 pm

John wrote: For example if in the UK, alter to "GMT" rather than "GMT + 1 hour".
John wrote:if in the UK, is to alter the setting from "GMT" to "GMT + 1 hour".
A bit contradictory there, innit? :wink: Or has this one completely gone over my head? :oops:
Ok, I'm in Nederland, what do I set it to?

John

Post by John » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi, set it to GMT + 2 hours.

As I write this the GMT time is 3.05.pm, so the UK having gone on to summertime it is 4.05.pm, and Netherlands etc are now on CET + summertime = 5.05.pm.
A bit contradictory there, innit? Wink Or has this one completely gone over my head?
Of course it is contradictory! The first post last October, the second one today!
John

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:51 pm

John wrote:Hi, set it to GMT + 2 hours.

As I write this the GMT time is 3.05.pm, so the UK having gone on to summertime it is 4.05.pm, and Netherlands etc are now on CET + summertime = 5.05.pm.

Of course it is contradictory! The first post last October, the second one today!
:lol: Silly me! Fink it's time to go to Specsavers! Thanks John.