ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:10 am

amr2010 wrote:Asalaam Alakium,

By the Grace of Allah my wife has been granted her visa. Inshallah I will be going to get her next month.

Applied 24/02/2010 @ Lahore
Decision made 11/03/2010
Status Changed 25/03/2010
Collected 29/03/2010

I'm not sure if this is normal practice or something new but submitted her original passport with the application. Her documents and passport with visa stamp was handed back to her.
w/s and congratulations brother. Prior to me lodging my wifes application I would generally ask for the documents you submitted, as I've already lodged my application, but this info may still be useful to other members.

Zak.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:59 am

Just a quick question for everyone who has successfully been issued with a spouse visa.

I'm slightly concerned that my status has not changed in a month. How often do they update the status? Is it just the once when the decision has been made, or are there several stages to this?

My application was lodged on 03/03/2010, and since has said 'Application forwarded to Islamabad OC'.

Waiting is quite tedious, and this was expected. But I can't help but to think there may be several stages in the tracking stage.

Any feedback is appreciated,

Zak.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:35 am

Zak_K wrote:Just a quick question for everyone who has successfully been issued with a spouse visa.

I'm slightly concerned that my status has not changed in a month. How often do they update the status? Is it just the once when the decision has been made, or are there several stages to this?

My application was lodged on 03/03/2010, and since has said 'Application forwarded to Islamabad OC'.

Waiting is quite tedious, and this was expected. But I can't help but to think there may be several stages in the tracking stage.

Zak.

Well there are such NO stages betwen the final status of passport collection and when the application is submitted.
When application is submitted the online status shows forwarded to islamabad oc and it finally changes when the passport is ready for collection after the application has been processed and ready for collection.
online application status is updated from islamabad oc to passport or documents ready for collection only once.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:38 am

navalaviator wrote:
Zak_K wrote:Just a quick question for everyone who has successfully been issued with a spouse visa.

Zak.

Well there are such NO stages betwen the final status of passport collection and when the application is submitted.
When application is submitted the online status shows forwarded to islamabad oc and it finally changes when the passport is ready for collection after the application has been processed and ready for collection.
online application status is updated from islamabad oc to passport or documents ready for collection only once.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Zak.

khalid83
Newly Registered

Post by khalid83 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:33 am

Hi everyone,

I just joined this site and maybe the topic is already discussed but i need some info.

I am from Holland whic is an EEA country and i also have a PR in the UK. I have been residing in the UK for 7 years. My wife submitted an EEA family permit application in Islamabad, Pakistan about a week ago and with her application she included the following supporting statements.

1) Three wage slips and a letter of my employer confirming my employment status
2) Tenancy agreement
3) Three months bank statements
4) My buy to let mortgage statement and also the tenancy agreement for this property
5) Bank statements showing my savings
6) house inspection report
7) a copy of PR and passport

I hope you guys can help me.

thank you,

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:43 pm

khalid83 wrote:Hi everyone,

I just joined this site and maybe the topic is already discussed but i need some info.

I am from Holland whic is an EEA country and i also have a PR in the UK. I have been residing in the UK for 7 years. My wife submitted an EEA family permit application in Islamabad, Pakistan about a week ago and with her application she included the following supporting statements.

1) Three wage slips and a letter of my employer confirming my employment status
2) Tenancy agreement
3) Three months bank statements
4) My buy to let mortgage statement and also the tenancy agreement for this property
5) Bank statements showing my savings
6) house inspection report
7) a copy of PR and passport

I hope you guys can help me.

thank you,
Asalaam Alakium,

The reason no one answered your first post was because you have not ask a question - you have just stated something. What is it you need to know?

khalid83
Newly Registered

Post by khalid83 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:20 pm

Asalam malikum,

I just want to know how long the whole process will take and what does Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on .. means. Apart from tracking a visa via internet is there any other way of tracking your visa i.e a telephone number of Gerry's in Islamabad, the one provided on their web page doesn't work. Are there any issues recently with Visa application to UK in Islamabad?

Thank you

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:24 pm

khalid83 wrote:Asalam malikum,

I just want to know how long the whole process will take and what does Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on .. means. Apart from tracking a visa via internet is there any other way of tracking your visa i.e a telephone number of Gerry's in Islamabad, the one provided on their web page doesn't work. Are there any issues recently with Visa application to UK in Islamabad?

Thank you
Approx 30 days from the day the application is submitted. The status will stay as "Application forwarded to Islamabad OC" until the application is back in Pakistan, there is no other way to track it.

How long has it been since the application was submitted?

khalid83
Newly Registered

Post by khalid83 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:50 pm

Salaam,
Thanks amr 2010.

The application was submitted about a week ago, so lets hope for a positive news. The waiting time for a EEA family permit is shorter in Karachi my should have gone there and why is there so much variation in processing time at different centers and are the Visa's issued in Pakistan or somewhere else.

Thank you,

Khalid

MohammedKhan2009

Re: Withdrawal of Appeal.

Post by MohammedKhan2009 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:56 pm

HI, Can someone help me on this topic, thanks

Mohammed

MohammedKhan2009 wrote:Hi, my solicitor received a letter today saying that the ECM, has withdrawn his decision of appeal and will grant the visa.

How long do they take to call, to say bring your passport?
How long do they take to stamp the passport?
Do you need to take a valid TB certificate with you?
Is there anything else they might ask?

Thanks

Mohammed Khan

billo

Post by billo » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:20 pm

someperson49 wrote:
RHussain07 wrote:
someperson49 wrote:Hello

On the vaf4a form,
"8.7.14 How much of your sponsor’s total monthly income >>>
is given to their family members and other dependants?"

If your living with parents can you just put zero or must you be showing a contribution to the household.
I had the same question not so long ago - u need to put a figure that leaves enough for you and your spouse.

100 per week as per law x 4 weeks = 400 x 2 persons = 800
OK, but do you have to put a figure there if your living with parents.
you could put down that that it's zero at the moment but when your spouse joins you you will contribute a nominal amount towards household costs - make sure that you have at least £101 per week remaining - as I 've mentioned before this is the equivalent amount that a couple on benefits would be entitled to. hope that helps

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:49 pm

amr2010 wrote:Asalaam Alakium,

By the Grace of Allah my wife has been granted her visa. Inshallah I will be going to get her next month.

Applied 24/02/2010 @ Lahore
Decision made 11/03/2010
Status Changed 25/03/2010
Collected 29/03/2010

I'm not sure if this is normal practice or something new but submitted her original passport with the application. Her documents and passport with visa stamp was handed back to her.
AMER!!

DELIGHTED FOR YOU!!!! MASHALLAH I was right with you when you made the preps for handing in the case so excellent to see you came out successful. It must be a BIG weight off your shoulders. do dua for me and the rest here who are going through the processes.

17F4N
Newly Registered

Post by 17F4N » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:43 pm

17F4N wrote:
t_a786 wrote:Hi,

Has any 1 got thier passports back after getting visa stamps recently? My hubby's pp been 5 weeks now and no response. My MP sent a letter lets see.

If anyone do get thier passports back please let us know.

Many thanks
Yes my wife got her passport back after 10 days.... and she is arriving tomorrow evening..

there was no involvement from MP or Solicitors.. it was just me chasing them...
Hi there, you need to email UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

Supply your spouse passport number, appeal reference number, name, date of birth and state who you are in the email. Equally email appeals.islamabad@fco.gov.uk with the same details above and stress the fact you have not heard anything....

good luck

Irf

Jameel17
Newly Registered

Post by Jameel17 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:55 pm

17F4N wrote:
17F4N wrote:
t_a786 wrote:Hi,

Has any 1 got thier passports back after getting visa stamps recently? My hubby's pp been 5 weeks now and no response. My MP sent a letter lets see.

If anyone do get thier passports back please let us know.

Many thanks
Yes my wife got her passport back after 10 days.... and she is arriving tomorrow evening..

there was no involvement from MP or Solicitors.. it was just me chasing them...
Hi there, you need to email UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

Supply your spouse passport number, appeal reference number, name, date of birth and state who you are in the email. Equally email appeals.islamabad@fco.gov.uk with the same details above and stress the fact you have not heard anything....

good luck

Irf
I have emailed appeals.islamabad@fco.gov.uk on 19th March and got no reply...

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:12 pm

billo wrote:
someperson49 wrote:
RHussain07 wrote:

On the vaf4a form,

If your living with parents can you just put zero or must you be showing a contribution to the household.
I had the same question not so long ago - u need to put a figure that leaves enough for you and your spouse.

you could put down that that it's zero at the moment but when your spouse joins you you will contribute a nominal amount towards household costs - make sure that you have at least £101 per week remaining - as I 've mentioned before this is the equivalent amount that a couple on benefits would be entitled to. hope that helps
What ever you put down it should be the truth. So, if you live at home and don't pay anything towards the household put £0, if you do contribute put down the correct amount.

Don't try and fool the ECO, if your bank account shows you have nothing left at the end of the month but you tell them you are saving £xxx then it will lead to problems.

billo

Post by billo » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:36 pm

amr2010 wrote:
billo wrote:
someperson49 wrote:
RHussain07 wrote:

What ever you put down it should be the truth. So, if you live at home and don't pay anything towards the household put £0, if you do contribute put down the correct amount.

Don't try and fool the ECO, if your bank account shows you have nothing left at the end of the month but you tell them you are saving £xxx then it will lead to problems.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying - you could say that you WILL contribute WHEN spouse gets to England. So this amount will not be coming out of of your bank account yet.

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:46 pm

billo wrote:
amr2010 wrote:
billo wrote:
someperson49 wrote:

I think you misunderstood what I was saying - you could say that you WILL contribute WHEN spouse gets to England. So this amount will not be coming out of of your bank account yet.
My reply may have been poorly worded, I didn't mean to suggest you were telling him to lie.

Personally I wouldn't say that as it has the potential to confuse matters. The ECO could mis-read that. The application only asks for your current status not what it will be.

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:47 am

Any comments/thoughts on the VAF4A form asking if the marriage was an arranged marriage? (8.4.9)

Would a marriage through a mutual acquaintance (friend, family member, marriage bureau etc...) introducing two families count as an arranged marriage?

I've sort of forgotten what an arranged marriage actually is! Maybe need a few more Bolly/Lolly -wood 3 hour extravaganzas to remind me ... :shock:

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:48 am

kaidee wrote:Any comments/thoughts on the VAF4A form asking if the marriage was an arranged marriage? (8.4.9)

Would a marriage through a mutual acquaintance (friend, family member, marriage bureau etc...) introducing two families count as an arranged marriage?

I've sort of forgotten what an arranged marriage actually is! Maybe need a few more Bolly/Lolly -wood 3 hour extravaganzas to remind me ... :shock:
Watch a British rubbish called East is East. There is a scene in there where Mr khans best friends daughters have been invited to meet the boys for the first time........now that is what I called arranged marriage rather than bollywood crap you seem to watch :D :) :lol:

On the serious side an arranged marriage is where both parents do all the legwork for you to say yay or nay.

A love marriage is where you dont give a damn what the parents say and you do everything your self.

A Forced marriage is where you have been forced to marry against your will to someone you dont want to get married to.

Now all you have to decide is which one applys to you :roll:

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:22 am

Hi. Just another quick question – as many of you know I’m awaiting a response regarding my wifes visa which was submitted a month ago. Inshallah everything will go to plan. But my boss wants to cut my hours, which means I’ll be earning less – less than the required amount.
How big of a problem is this? I’ll be looking for another part time job, but just wanted opinions regarding this.

Zak.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:58 am

Just had a call from the Mrs in Pakistan. She had a call telling her to collect her passport. Keep me in your prayers.

Zak

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:59 am

batleykhan wrote:
kaidee wrote:Any comments/thoughts on the VAF4A form asking if the marriage was an arranged marriage? (8.4.9)

Watch a British rubbish called East is East. There is a scene in there where Mr khans best friends daughters have been invited to meet the boys for the first time........now that is what I called arranged marriage rather than bollywood crap you seem to watch :D :) :lol:

On the serious side an arranged marriage is where both parents do all the legwork for you to say yay or nay.

A love marriage is where you dont give a damn what the parents say and you do everything your self.

A Forced marriage is where you have been forced to marry against your will to someone you dont want to get married to.

lol @ no definition for arranged marraige. :P

deemi

Post by deemi » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:22 am

Inshallah it will be good news zak!!!

Let us know when she picks up the passport!!
Done waiting!!!!

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:47 am

RHussain07 wrote:

On the vaf4a form,

Bro can I ask why ' x 2 persons'? You're required to have £101 left over per week, but thats ALL you need after YOUR expenses. So you do not need to x 2

Zak.

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:28 pm

batleykhan wrote:

Lol, I remember East is East: "Bastar Bitch!" :P

Thanks for your reply. For the record I don't watch Bolly or Lolly 8) I've just had an abusive childhood!

Is there any negativity associated with ticking the arranged marriage box? My mother did the running around for me, all I did was say 'Woohoo! Yeesss ppleeeaase!' Both me and the girl were happy - but no love marriage.