ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it good time to come UK on Tier1 with 6 yrs exp in C++

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

saikrishna
Newly Registered

Is it good time to come UK on Tier1 with 6 yrs exp in C++

Post by saikrishna » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:03 am

Hi All,
I was staying in London from May09 to Aug09 for job search.As i couldn't get any interview calls,came back india in Aug09.
now i have almost not working 1 year any jobs.
i am not able get the jobs due to 10 yrs exp and resigned from leading company. either way i was loosing the oppurtunities.
i want to do one more attempt in UK for job search. can any one guide is it right time to come UK in March/April 2010. Pls share ur valuable ideas.

Thanks,
saikrishna

Tim555

Re: Is it good time to come UK on Tier1 with 6 yrs exp in C+

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:56 pm

saikrishna wrote:Hi All,
I was staying in London from May09 to Aug09 for job search.As i couldn't get any interview calls,came back india in Aug09.
now i have almost not working 1 year any jobs.
i am not able get the jobs due to 10 yrs exp and resigned from leading company. either way i was loosing the oppurtunities.
i want to do one more attempt in UK for job search. can any one guide is it right time to come UK in March/April 2010. Pls share ur valuable ideas.

Thanks,
saikrishna
TRY BIT LATER N HOPE 4 THE BEST.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

pyke

Post by pyke » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:03 am

If you're currently unemployed, there's not much harm in giving it another go. Why not? If that's what you want to do. Waiting for the right time is tricky, no one can predict when that'll be. There's always a bit of being at the right place at the right time that comes into play.

demur123

Post by demur123 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:38 pm

Coming to uk for jobs is worth a try but you need to have atleast 1000£ or more to survive for a month. The market still seems dead like last year. 1 job and around 500 applications. I have spoke to one of the leading recruiters to get feedback on my application that i have applied it online and they told me they have received 500 applications and still receiving it. the job was for java/c++/lamp/linux admin.
If you are really desperate to find a job in the uk , you can work in tesco or mcdonalds as a general assistant/customer service so thats how you can pay your rent/bills. and try finding jobs online when you have day off

pyke

Post by pyke » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:43 pm

I'd like to add that before doing anything, you should check out the current situation for your field - vacancies posted, asking those who work in your industry what the situtation is etc.

Make an informed decision and be realistic. If in your opnion it's worth a shot, then go for it. All the best to you.