ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

leoo
Newly Registered

Post by leoo » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:09 am

Hi there all

Can any1 give the list of documents posted with EEA2 app Please

I've seen some posts talking about some health insurance I'm about to make my application and don't want to miss anything

After receiving the COA can i start work ??

Thanks

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:09 am

Good morning & have a great week to all EEA2 warriors 8)

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:13 am

leoo wrote:Hi there all

I've seen some posts talking about some health insurance I'm about to make my application and don't want to miss anything

Thanks
Hi leoo.The health insurance is for self-sufficient applicants. What is your situation?

Are you married to an EEA2 citizen or unmarried partner? It depends on your situation to work after receiving the CoA....

Unmarried partners are not given any right to work before receiving the EEA2.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Hi friends

Post by hunpak » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi friends

I made my EEA2 Application on 9th December 09 and got my COA on 17th Dec.. called ukba for change of address on 01 March but when ever i call they they say that my application is under process..

its in the 4th month now..i hope they will sort out soon..

Dasha
Newly Registered

Hi everyone!

Post by Dasha » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:59 am

I've been reading this forum for a while and it scares me to even think that the whole process can take 6 months. I applied for EEA2 on the 10th of March 2010 and still haven't got COA. I can't get through to them on the phone no matter what time of a day I'm calling. From what I've read some people get to talk to a real person. What numbers you ringing? Would really appreciate any advise. Another question: has anyone requested their passport back for travelling? How long does it take them to send it back to you after request? Thanks in advance!

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Re: Hi everyone!

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:26 am

Dasha wrote:I've been reading this forum for a while and it scares me to even think that the whole process can take 6 months. I applied for EEA2 on the 10th of March 2010 and still haven't got COA. I can't get through to them on the phone no matter what time of a day I'm calling. From what I've read some people get to talk to a real person. What numbers you ringing? Would really appreciate any advise. Another question: has anyone requested their passport back for travelling? How long does it take them to send it back to you after request? Thanks in advance!
Hi Dasha,

Probably you will receive the CoA this week or early next week.

Tel number: 0 845 010 5200 and dial 2-3-2

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Re: Hi friends

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:28 am

hunpak wrote:Hi friends

I made my EEA2 Application on 9th December 09 and got my COA on 17th Dec.. called ukba for change of address on 01 March but when ever i call they they say that my application is under process..

Hi hunpak,

Did they ask for any evidence(s) for changing the address?

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:43 am

Dasha wrote:I've been reading this forum for a while and it scares me to even think that the whole process can take 6 months. I applied for EEA2 on the 10th of March 2010 and still haven't got COA. I can't get through to them on the phone no matter what time of a day I'm calling. From what I've read some people get to talk to a real person. What numbers you ringing? Would really appreciate any advise. Another question: has anyone requested their passport back for travelling? How long does it take them to send it back to you after request? Thanks in advance!
Ring 01516725626 (you will only be charged standard rates), and press #, 3, 2 to talk to a real person.

Dasha
Newly Registered

Post by Dasha » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:32 am

Thanx for your help, guys! :-)))

AnnaS
Newly Registered

Post by AnnaS » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:21 am

Forza_RC wrote:

Hi hunpak,

When I called they just asked the usual id questions then my old address then my new one. Then of course they didn't have my new one in their ''royal mail database' so I had to send confirmation in writing. :roll:

677ano

Post by 677ano » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:32 am

call 01516725626 when the phone start ringing key in 232
we can all change our stars

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:15 pm

Forza_RC wrote:

Hi hunpak,

Hi Forza_RC

No they just confirmed my details and changed my address i also asked them if i need to send any letter they said its not required

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Just spoke with a nice lady at home office ...she was very polite ..

She said that a decision is made on my application and it is sent for a dispatch and probably they will dispatched it on Thursday and i will get it after Easter..

But she refused to tell me the outcome :(

I am excited and scared at the same time...

I think my case was pretty straight forward...pray for me fellows :roll:
Last edited by hunpak on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:26 pm

Also she gave me 8 digit case ID..

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:33 pm

hunpak wrote:Just spoke with a nice lady at home office ...she was very polite ..

She said the a decision is made on my application and it is sent for a dispatch and probably they will dispatched it on Thursday and i will get it after Easter..

when did you apply?

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:37 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:
hunpak wrote:Just spoke with a nice lady at home office ...she was very polite ..

She said the a decision is made on my application and it is sent for a dispatch and probably they will dispatched it on Thursday and i will get it after Easter..

when did you apply?
on 9th December 2009

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:14 pm

cool, so it looks like they are currently issuing applications that were sent at the start of December. That should mean my wife's application will be issued in the next month or so.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:57 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:cool, so it looks like they are currently issuing applications that were sent at the start of December. That should mean my wife's application will be issued in the next month or so.
Hopefully yes.. :D

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:00 pm

hunpak wrote:
doesnotcompute wrote:

when did you apply?
on 9th December 2009
Congr. hunpak!

did you apply for just eea1 or eea1 and eea2 together?

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:11 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
hunpak wrote:
doesnotcompute wrote:

when did you apply?
on 9th December 2009
Congr. hunpak!

did you apply for just eea1 or eea1 and eea2 together?
Thanks for the Congrats (hopefully the result is positive)

I don't know much about this EEA stuff its quite confusing ..i just send my EEA2 application with my wife's Passport (And off-course other Docs such as payslips, marriage certificate, tendency agreement, deed-poll etc) . i did not send any separate application for EEA1 for my wife ... but she had a Workers registration and she was working legally and paying tax for last five years..

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:42 pm

came home today to find a letter from my local MP, thanking me for my email + fax regarding my wife's immigration status:
My MP wrote:I just wanted to let you know that I understand your concerns and how frustrating this situation must be for you both. I think it is unacceptable that the Government has an immigration system that treats people so poorly as you have experienced.

I have written on your behalf to the Home Office to raise your concerns and ask them to investigate your case. I will be in touch when I receive a response.
Looks good so far :D

P&T

Post by P&T » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:came home today to find a letter from my local MP, thanking me for my email + fax regarding my wife's immigration status:
My MP wrote:I just wanted to let you know that I understand your concerns and how frustrating this situation must be for you both. I think it is unacceptable that the Government has an immigration system that treats people so poorly as you have experienced.

I have written on your behalf to the Home Office to raise your concerns and ask them to investigate your case. I will be in touch when I receive a response.
Looks good so far :D
Well done Doesntcompute it looks like our local MPs are trying to do their job in helping their constituants :) you know with the elections coming up...
Please keep us posted. We are also waiting for a response from the UKBA MP liaison department in Croydon following our local MPs letter to a lady down there.

At least we are keeping the pressure on!

leoo
Newly Registered

Post by leoo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:45 am

Forza_RC wrote:

Thanks
Hi leoo.The health insurance is for self-sufficient applicants. What is your situation?

Are you married to an EEA2 citizen or unmarried partner? It depends on your situation to work after receiving the CoA....

Thanks Dear Forza_RC for reply

I'm married partner of EEA
She is working part time Me ex student still get support from family
As i quit uni i guess i ll have to apply as self-sufficient But this health insurance gets me very confused What should my policy include where to buy and so
I'm bit new to this stuff and apologise

As we just moved to new property i have nothing more than joint tenancy agreement on that address (No bills, statements) what other documents do i ve include in App

Thanks a lot to all and bet of luck

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:11 pm

leoo wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:

Thanks

Thanks Dear Forza_RC for reply

I'm married partner of EEA
She is working part time Me ex student still get support from family
As i quit uni i guess i ll have to apply as self-sufficient But this health insurance gets me very confused What should my policy include where to buy and so
I'm bit new to this stuff and apologise

As we just moved to new property i have nothing more than joint tenancy agreement on that address (No bills, statements) what other documents do i ve include in App

Thanks a lot to all and bet of luck
If it is possible, include the previous bills etc.if they were on both of your names...

hunpak
Member of Standing

How long the ukba takes to dispatch documents?

Post by hunpak » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:45 pm

Just an update i called HO and the Officer told me that decision was made on 27th March on my application and it was sent to the dispatch department (how many dept they'v got?) and i will get it shortly. they refused to give me any tracking number or confirm a date of delivery...

Fellows can u please tell me do we normally get refusals on EEA2 applications ? im bit sacred but my case was quite straight forward as my wife never claimed any benefits and always paid her tax and was working full-time in last 5 years.. and same stands for me i work part time and i just recently finished my MBA with good grades and was paying my tax and NI while i was working and my student visa was/is valid till the end of this year..

i hate waiting :(