ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Expired, is there any remedies?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gmll123
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Visa Expired, is there any remedies?

Post by gmll123 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for viewing the thread 1st of all. Hopefully, I am posting at the right place.

Situation:

I have posted my application at the 5th March 2010; for Tier 1 General extension converting from HSMP. My current HSMP status expires at 13th March 2010. I received my application back at 1 April 2010; UKBA said my application is invalid as I didn't make the correct payment for this particular application (Should be 800, but I paid 400 :cry: :cry: ).

Question:
1, As my HSMP Visa has been expired, is there any chance that I can make a brand new application rely on above situation?
2, if the answer is yes, do I need to pay another 800 pounds in full rather than a top up 400 pounds?

Thanks so much in advanced. I do really appreciate your kindly replies. :D

Best Regards,
Last edited by gmll123 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

ChetanOjha

Re: Visa Expired, is there any remedies?

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:20 pm

What's your current HSMP visa status? If you have valid visa, then you can get passport renewed from your embassy and submit new application with proper full application fees.
hth0923 wrote:Hi,

Many thanks for viewing the thread 1st of all. Hopefully, I am posting at the right place.

Situation:

I have posted my application at the 5th March 2010; for Tier 1 General extension converting from HSMP. My passport expires at 13th March 2010. I received my passport back at 1 April 2010; UKBA said my application is invalid as I didn’t make the correct payment for this particular application (Should be 800, but I paid 400 :cry: :cry: ).

Question:
1, As my passport has been expired, is there any chance that I can make a brand new application rely on above situation?
2, if the answer is yes, do I need to pay another 800 pounds in full rather than a top up 400 pounds?

Thanks so much in advanced. I do really appreciate your kindly replies. :D

Best Regards,
Di

gmll123
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by gmll123 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:31 pm

Hi chetanojha,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have just rephased my question. It is my visa expires at 13th March 2010, not my passport.

Sorry about that. :oops:

Regards,
Di

gmll123
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by gmll123 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:34 pm

Does it mean, the 400 pounds have throwed into the sea, and now i need to pay again? :evil:

demur123

Post by demur123 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:24 am

You would have to pay 820 again since you will be sending a new application form. Some of the people on the forum who had similar issues like you had been refunded the amount they have paid on the their first application form. You can mention it in your cover letter once you are sending it to HO . Hope for the best

gmll123
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by gmll123 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:54 am

demur123 wrote:You would have to pay 820 again since you will be sending a new application form. Some of the people on the forum who had similar issues like you had been refunded the amount they have paid on the their first application form. You can mention it in your cover letter once you are sending it to HO . Hope for the best
Many thanks for your reply,

Can I undestand it as; I can do a new application regardless my expired visa, as long as I pay a full fee plus a cover letter with explained situation, I will be fine provided immigration critirias met?

Many thanks again,

Regards,
Di