ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kafi

Post by kafi » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:50 pm

today i have called homeoffice to change my address.

they asked my case ref num. the ref I got in COA they didnt find in their system . it is 9 digit num. the person said it cant be a case id number.

so he asked my name, nationalty & dob. at last he gave a 8 digit ref number & changed to my new address.

And he also asked me ' is any solicitor working for you?' , i said 'no.

but i dont understand why he asked for solictor AND how can homeoffice issue a wrong case id num in COA

bobobo

Re: How long the ukba takes to dispatch documents?

Post by bobobo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:36 pm

Hey Hunpak - I think you will be fine, generally the HO ask for documents and if you fail to supply them your case is rejected, otherwise you will get the permit. I applied back in 2007 and it took the HO exactly 11 months to issue me with an RC. Mine was a similar case, they just asked me to provide a recent set of docs closer to the time and sent everything back by post. So hopefully you will get the RC stamped and a template enclosed which would tell you that they have issued you with the RC and what to do if your circumstances change. I know waiting can be painful, but just be positive and all will be well.
hunpak wrote:Just an update i called HO and the Officer told me that decision was made on 27th March on my application and it was sent to the dispatch department (how many dept they'v got?) and i will get it shortly. they refused to give me any tracking number or confirm a date of delivery...

Fellows can u please tell me do we normally get refusals on EEA2 applications ? im bit sacred but my case was quite straight forward as my wife never claimed any benefits and always paid her tax and was working full-time in last 5 years.. and same stands for me i work part time and i just recently finished my MBA with good grades and was paying my tax and NI while i was working and my student visa was/is valid till the end of this year..

i hate waiting :(

hunpak
Member of Standing

Re: How long the ukba takes to dispatch documents?

Post by hunpak » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:50 pm

bobobo wrote:Hey Hunpak - I think you will be fine, generally the HO ask for documents and if you fail to supply them your case is rejected, otherwise you will get the permit. I applied back in 2007 and it took the HO exactly 11 months to issue me with an RC. Mine was a similar case, they just asked me to provide a recent set of docs closer to the time and sent everything back by post. So hopefully you will get the RC stamped and a template enclosed which would tell you that they have issued you with the RC and what to do if your circumstances change. I know waiting can be painful, but just be positive and all will be well.
hunpak wrote:Just an update i called HO and the Officer told me that decision was made on 27th March on my application and it was sent to the dispatch department (how many dept they'v got?) and i will get it shortly. they refused to give me any tracking number or confirm a date of delivery...

Fellows can u please tell me do we normally get refusals on EEA2 applications ? im bit sacred but my case was quite straight forward as my wife never claimed any benefits and always paid her tax and was working full-time in last 5 years.. and same stands for me i work part time and i just recently finished my MBA with good grades and was paying my tax and NI while i was working and my student visa was/is valid till the end of this year..

i hate waiting :(
Thanks bobobo

that means a lot to me..

:P

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:24 pm

UK Home Office is the worst immigration services office with in the EU, I guess.

al10
Newly Registered

EEA2 - My experience

Post by al10 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:22 pm

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your experiences, this forum has been very helpful. I thought I would share my experience also. :D

I applied for an EEA2 Residence Card as the unmarried partner of an EU national, below is my timeline –

14 Dec 2009 – Sent application to the Home Office
15 Dec 2009 – Application received by the HO
30 Dec 2009 – Received Certificate of Application (dated 24 Dec 2009)
24 Feb 2010 – Called HO as I was planning on moving house. I was given an 8 digit numerical Reference Number.
18 Mar 2010 – Called HO again to enquire about having my passport returned. Was told my application HAD NOT yet been referred to a Case Worker.
22 Mar 2010 – Emailed HO requesting my passport and my partner’s EU Identity Card (for travel reasons).
26 Mar 2010 – (Yes 4 days later!) we received my passport and my partner’s ID card in the mail.
31 Mar 2010 – (Today) Received a call from HO requesting for me to return my passport and my partner’s ID card as my visa has been approved (subject to passport and ID validity and security checks).
I sent the documents this afternoon via Next-Day delivery (and as requested by the case Worker, I quoted the 8 digit numerical Reference Number rather than another form of Case ID).

So that means that unless I was given the wrong information on 18 Mar 2010, my application was approved within 9 working days.

My Case Worker also told me I can expect my application and documents back within approximately 10 working days, so hopefully by mid April!

Hope this information may provide some hope for those still waiting... Good luck to all and hope for a speedy approval! :D

(Also - If others in a similar unmarried-partner situation need some guidance on documentation I provided for my application, I would be happy to share.
The list is long though, my application was almost 2 inches thick! Maybe an overkill, but I think it’s better to provide as much information as possible provided it’s relevant and well explained in a covering letter.)

nao123
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 - My experience

Post by nao123 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:34 pm

[quote="al10"]Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your experiences, this forum has been very helpful. I thought I would share my experience also. :D

I applied for an EEA2 Residence Card as the unmarried partner of an EU national, below is my timeline –

14 Dec 2009 – Sent application to the Home Office
15 Dec 2009 – Application received by the HO
30 Dec 2009 – Received Certificate of Application (dated 24 Dec 2009)
24 Feb 2010 – Called HO as I was planning on moving house. I was given an 8 digit numerical Reference Number.
18 Mar 2010 – Called HO again to enquire about having my passport returned. Was told my application HAD NOT yet been referred to a Case Worker.
22 Mar 2010 – Emailed HO requesting my passport and my partner’s EU Identity Card (for travel reasons).
26 Mar 2010 – (Yes 4 days later!) we received my passport and my partner’s ID card in the mail.
31 Mar 2010 – (Today) Received a call from HO requesting for me to return my passport and my partner’s ID card as my visa has been approved (subject to passport and ID validity and security checks).
I sent the documents this afternoon via Next-Day delivery (and as requested by the case Worker, I quoted the 8 digit numerical Reference Number rather than another form of Case ID).

So that means that unless I was given the wrong information on 18 Mar 2010, my application was approved within 9 working days.

My Case Worker also told me I can expect my application and documents back within approximately 10 working days, so hopefully by mid April!

Hope this information may provide some hope for those still waiting... Good luck to all and hope for a speedy approval! :D

(Also - If others in a similar unmarried-partner situation need some guidance on documentation I provided for my application, I would be happy to share.
The list is long though, my application was almost 2 inches thick! Maybe an overkill, but I think it’s better to provide as much information as possible provided it’s relevant and well explained in a covering letter.)[/quote]

WOW! Great news. So you basically had a 3.5 month turn around. I applied as an unmarried partner and received my COA on Feb 21st and have also requested my passport back for travel, which I was worried would delay the process - clearly it didn't hurt yours though. Out of curiousity, what documents (which were not requested) did you send - 2 inchs of docs sounds a lot bigger than ours! x

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:48 pm

Thanks for sharing this with us al10.

It is a great news for you that with in 3,5 months, as unmarried partner, your visa has been approved! Congrat.!

Is your partner British or?

Thanks.

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:41 pm

Thanks for the info, al10. This further validates my theory that they are only now issuing applications submitted in December.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:24 am

doesnotcompute wrote:Thanks for the info, al10. This further validates my theory that they are only now issuing applications submitted in December.
i hope this should be the case to all applicants as it is such a painful wait..

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:32 am

doesnotcompute wrote:Thanks for the info, al10. This further validates my theory that they are only now issuing applications submitted in December.
I hope your theory is working for all the cases :) then I will have my pass by the end of April...

al10
Newly Registered

Post by al10 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:08 am

Hi nao123 –

I honestly don’t believe requesting your passport back delays your application (more than a day or two in sending it back to HO when they request it).

I can’t be sure, but somehow I think it may have actually sped up the process for me... At least it meant someone had to physically open my file.
(I’m DEFINATELY NOT suggesting anyone should request their passports back simply because they believe it may help speed up the process!)

It all seems a bit too coincidental, considering that less than two weeks earlier, I was informed my application hadn’t even been assigned to a Case Worker.

However I think they may be aiming to complete all applications within 3-6 months now.

My application WAS a bit excessive, but I included all the evidence I had (I wanted to make sure I got it right the first time).

Due to the volume of documentation, I decided to segment my application into 3 sections, with a very detailed covering letter explaining the documents included -

- Evidence my EU partner is exercising Treaty Rights in the UK
I included a letter from his employer, email from HR outlining the terms of employment, employment contract, and wage slips for the past 2 years.

- Evidence of cohabitation for the past 2 years
This included Joint Tenancy agreements (3), council tax bills in both our names, energy/electricity and water bills in both names, and joint bank account statements (opened 18 months ago).

- Documents addressed to ourselves as individuals, but linking us to the same address
Individual bank statements, letters from Jobcentre Plus (when I requested a National Insurance Number), my previous employment contract and letters from employer, my previous wage slips and our previous P60’s.

I also included a Recorded Delivery envelope to return my documents.

Hope this helps!

Hi Forza_RC – I’m Australian and my partner is Italian

Thanks all for your comments. It’s definitely a fantastic feeling, and hope you all receive good news soon :D

Best of luck x
[/quote]

jsukyn
Newly Registered

Post by jsukyn » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:01 pm

I learnt about this site a few days ago and have been reading since then. My husband and I also applied EEA1 and EEA2. We had been waiting for almost 4 months and we were just going to use the information from this site to put pressure on them, then today we received our passports back!

So I just want to come back to share the good news with everyone and give everyone who are still waiting some hope.

My husband is Belgian and I'm Chinese.
We sent our passports on 10th December 2009
Received COA which was dated 15th December 2009
Received EEA1 & 2 today (issued on 25th March 2010)
Last edited by jsukyn on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fagerlund
Newly Registered

Post by Fagerlund » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:08 pm

jsukyn wrote:I learnt about this site a few days ago and have been reading since then. My husband and I also applied EEA1 and EEA2. We had been waiting for almost 4 months and we were just going to use the information from this site to put pressure on them, then today we received our passports back!

So I just want to come back to share the good news with everyone and give everyone who are still waiting some hope.

My husband is a Belgian and I'm a Chinese.

hehehe.... i was so glad for you when you told me this news today. :)

Congratulation :D

jsukyn
Newly Registered

Post by jsukyn » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:19 pm

Fagerlund wrote:
jsukyn wrote:I learnt about this site a few days ago and have been reading since then. My husband and I also applied EEA1 and EEA2. We had been waiting for almost 4 months and we were just going to use the information from this site to put pressure on them, then today we received our passports back!

hehehe.... i was so glad for you when you told me this news today. :)

Congratulation :D
Thanks! Thought you would be on this site! Thanks for sharing this site with me! I'm glad we both got ours sorted in a reasonable time.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:20 pm

Thanks for your post jsukyn!

Apparently, it takes about 3,5 - 4 months to receive the EEA2 since 2009 December.

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Congratulations jsukyn. This is further empirical evidence that December applications are being issued now. :)

P&T

Post by P&T » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Yipee this is excellent news more good news for EEA2 applicants :D !! That means January applicants we should really wait until the end of April fingers crossed...we are praying really hard!!!

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:37 pm

Yep, fingers and all body parts crossed :)

Hopefully will receive the EEA2 end of April or beginning of May and we will still have time to plan our summer holiday 8)

adolma999
Newly Registered

Post by adolma999 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:54 am

P&T wrote:Yipee this is excellent news more good news for EEA2 applicants :D !! That means January applicants we should really wait until the end of April fingers crossed...we are praying really hard!!!
Fingers crossed, on that basis I might need to wait till July or mid june at the best as I applied on 1st of March. I could have applied in December 2009 but I was a bit lazy in preparing the application and thought it will take long time anyways :( I think 3-5 months is a great improvement.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:14 pm

If they send my docs on Thursday the 1st of April when would i be able to receive them...

any guess how long it usually takes and im sure Easter holidays will make it worse :(

can't wait can't wait :roll: :roll:

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:25 pm

hunpak wrote:If they send my docs on Thursday the 1st of April when would i be able to receive them...

any guess how long it usually takes and im sure Easter holidays will make it worse :(

I guess the latest Monday or Tuesday.

karmen2
Newly Registered

Post by karmen2 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:56 pm

I love this forum....it gives so much hope.....

I called the home office on March 24th. they told me that my application was assigned to a case worker on March 11 and hopefully soon i will get my RC, I applied on December 2009. I quite believe it will come sometime in April...so much relief.

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:52 pm

hunpak wrote:If they send my docs on Thursday the 1st of April when would i be able to receive them...

depends what postal service they used. Probably 3 or 4 days max, not counting the Easter holidays.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:01 pm

karmen2 wrote:I love this forum....it gives so much hope.....

I called the home office on March 24th. they told me that my application was assigned to a case worker on March 11 and hopefully soon i will get my RC, I applied on December 2009. I quite believe it will come sometime in April...so much relief.
Yet another proof :)

Thanks karmen2!

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:45 pm

EEA2 application form has been updated!

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s/eea/eea2