ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa refuse,appeal or new application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jay-KHAN
Newly Registered

visa refuse,appeal or new application

Post by jay-KHAN » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:41 pm

my eea2 application is refused, m from pakistan and my wife is from poland and we having 4 mnth baby.
they gave me appeal right( in 10 working days)
they refuse my application becaus my wife changed her job and did't tell HO. so HO not considering her 2nd job because thats not under WRS. but mid of last month she became self employed, so what shall we do, shall we go for appeal or go for new eea2 application.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:25 pm

A new application seems more sensible as your wife's situation has changed for the better; meaning - self-employed = no need for WRS

jay-KHAN
Newly Registered

Post by jay-KHAN » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:26 pm

is there any time period required for self employed before applyig?

677ano

Post by 677ano » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:02 pm

I don't think there is any time limit as long as you can substantiate her self employment with the required documents, and I think you will require comprehensive health insurance as well.
we can all change our stars

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:28 pm

677ano wrote:I don't think there is any time limit as long as you can substantiate her self employment with the required documents, and I think you will require comprehensive health insurance as well.
For self employment there is no need to have health insurance. Only send the most recent bill of class 2 national insurance with payment receipt.

jay-KHAN
Newly Registered

Post by jay-KHAN » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:30 pm

required documents?? and one thing more my visa is expired i have only 10 days which is for aappeal

677ano

Post by 677ano » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:31 pm

kashyme wrote:
677ano wrote:I don't think there is any time limit as long as you can substantiate her self employment with the required documents, and I think you will require comprehensive health insurance as well.
For self employment there is no need to have health insurance. Only send the most recent bill of class 2 national insurance with payment receipt.
don't forget tax returns etc.
we can all change our stars

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:32 pm

jay-KHAN wrote:required documents?? and one thing more my visa is expired i have only 10 days which is for aappeal
plz see this under evidence needed for self employed people
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... /guide-eea

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:36 pm

677ano wrote:
kashyme wrote:
don't forget tax returns etc.
actually his wife has started the work as self employed just recently (last month) so tax retrun would not be of much benefit and secondly if they file the tax return that will have to be sent after 6th April ( an accountant may take some time) . They have applied for EEA2 residence cards so bank statement, national insurance bills(paid) would be ok.

Regards

jay-KHAN
Newly Registered

Post by jay-KHAN » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:39 pm

and what about my visa expiry, is it gonna be problem

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:44 pm

jay-KHAN wrote:and what about my visa expiry, is it gonna be problem
Well I think as your wife is exercising the treaty rights , you are ok but send the application ASAP . You have 10 days . My question is have you registered your wife as a self employed for NI purpose or not.?
If not call them on next working day and tell them the date of start of self employment and ask them to send the bill quickly , make the payment ( they send a bill of around 31£ every 3 months) . get a copy of bank statement , any available receipts , invoices and send the application ASAP.

Regards

jay-KHAN
Newly Registered

Post by jay-KHAN » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:51 pm

yeah she is registered as self employed