ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Gap in change of Employment on work permit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GAP ON WORK PERMIT APPLYING FOR ILR

Poll ended at Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:59 pm

INDEFINATE LEAVE TO REMAIN
No votes
WORK PERMIT CHANGE OF EMPLOYMENT GAP APPLYING ILR
No votes

Total votes: 0

Nashparis
Newly Registered

ILR Gap in change of Employment on work permit

Post by Nashparis » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Please Help.
I am on work permit at this moment due to apply my ILR in June 2011.
I am on 5 years work permit from july 2006 and chaned my job to another employer in October 2007.My employer didnt file my papers till July 2008 and then i finally got My new permit to new employer in August and then i filed for new ILR in December 2008.I was continously employed with this new employer and had no Gap in Employment.Home Office changed my work permit without any problem ( Guess they had thought that i am applying a change of employment in July 2008 than i have been working for this new employer from oct 2007.

under 5 years can i apply for ILR in July 2011 or 28 days before ,as my visa is till 2013.What documents will i need or will it a problem with HO as i had a gap .so would they have not changed my work permit if they realised my Gap before or do you think it will be fine.I do not have p60 for all the years .have it for 2 years only Will it be a problem or will it go smooth as i have been in regular employment.What do i need to do in this case i am very worried.Please advice.

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:10 pm

but you cannot start working for another employer unless you have work permit letter approval from homeoffice..
i think you have breached the immigration rules by start working for another employer..u might get into trouble for doing this..

Nashparis
Newly Registered

Post by Nashparis » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:14 pm

I guess thats true,but my employer had said everything is fine until one day i had asked them my document to travel,then they told me that its not been done yet.So company's solicitor soughted that out.

I guess i was working legally as i have offer letter and all payslips of new employer and when they actually filed my papers in home office ...they showed the new date not the one actual when i had joined them.
So presumingly HO had no clue they got a application and approved it but rather my employer cocked it up....

So what do you suggest now as i have all things all ok now so if i go for ILR then would they ask me. but my question is if they had known that i have a gap already then would they approve my change of employment .

What do you suggest .
thanks

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:21 pm

its ur fault and your employer as well that you thought it is well coz if everything was fine you will have to apply for FLR in new work permit with in 6 months of work permit apporval.. it is complete mess at the moment and a serious breach.. i am not sure they will give you ILR.
suggest you to contact some OISC solicitor to sort yourself..

now ur 2nd question, if they knew that you had gap your work permit will be rejected..

Good luck..

Deep..

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Nashparis wrote:I guess thats true,but my employer had said everything is fine until one day i had asked them my document to travel,then they told me that its not been done yet.So company's solicitor soughted that out.

I guess i was working legally as i have offer letter and all payslips of new employer and when they actually filed my papers in home office ...they showed the new date not the one actual when i had joined them.
So presumingly HO had no clue they got a application and approved it but rather my employer cocked it up....

So what do you suggest now as i have all things all ok now so if i go for ILR then would they ask me. but my question is if they had known that i have a gap already then would they approve my change of employment .

What do you suggest .
thanks
hi, usually the home office wouldn't know about your previous employment termination unless the previous employer sends them the npee form or informs them otherwise...hence the reason they were probably unaware of the gap and approved your new wp. The problem is since you have worked for more than one employers in the 5 years period they will probably (they do in most cases) ask for your P45/or other proof to ascertain when the first employment actually ended...you might have a problem then...