ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:41 pm

Ps. I'll also take my airline ticket

billo

Post by billo » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:31 pm

Good luck with the marriage and visa application RHUSSAIN, inshallah everything will go smoothly for you...

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:06 pm

Zak_K wrote:...

Also, I think you've misunderstood about the fast track. The member who was posting this message was probably refering to applying for the passport. I don't think they would want an extra 40 quid to speed up the visa process when they're charging £800 as standard lol.
Thanks for clarifying that. I was just posting as a continuation of my earlier posts and didn't realise that it may give a false impression (and hope) to someone! :) My post was indeed regarding applying for a passport to be made.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:31 am

New updates are available at Gerry's website regading the improvement of customer service standards its definately nice to know that eventually the processing times are now decreased for all the cases except the settlement ones but still they are being processed really quickly.
http://ukvacpk.com/

Processing times for the settlement applications are very promissing indeed :) well processing times for feb this year(Islamabad VAC) were quite remarkable as compared to the situation last year in summer wen i waited for 5 months :x for my docs to come back some people even waited for 7-8months to get their passports back but now atlast its quite encouraging for people to see huge improvement. 8)
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:35 am

@RHussain07 Good luck with your application :)

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:48 am

And any one coming pak in couple of weeks or so must remember to bring couple of deodrant cans as its getting pretty warm here :wink:
well hot sweaty summer season has already set in down here perhaps its quite early but might be climate change!! :roll:

@Zak congrats :) and i need to know that did you punch hole all of your docs to use the treasury tags?Including TB test cert. and what did you do with the photographs i mean did you put them in an envelope or wah?

Thanks

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:00 pm

Went on the 31st with my wife to submit her application in Lahore.

A few things, firstly I had to wait outside for 4 hours and there was literally nowhere to sit, and because she wasnt allowed to take her phone in, you couldnt really go anywhere either. Seriously it was tough, Id advise taking a chair and a fan.

Also I had used treasury tags to keep the application together (due to the advice given here), but it was not accepted, my wife still had to take it all out.

Anyway now we just wait.

Also congratulations to Zak, well done bro.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:05 pm

navalaviator wrote:And any one coming pak in couple of weeks or so must remember to bring couple of deodrant cans as its getting pretty warm here :wink:
well hot sweaty summer season has already set in down here perhaps its quite early but might be climate change!! :roll:

@Zak congrats :) and i need to know that did you punch hole all of your docs to use the treasury tags?Including TB test cert. and what did you do with the photographs i mean did you put them in an envelope or wah?

Thanks
Thanks bro. I did punch a hole in all the docs, including Nikah Nama and TB test. Upon my wifes arrival they didnt even read through the TB test, they just confirmed it was her picture, and off she went.

Also, I will get round to posting a full list of my documents, my Mrs hasnt even got round to unpacking yet so I'll get on it soon.

What I did for the pictures was (btw this was not somthing my solicitor told me to do), was to glue two pictures on an A4 page and attach this to the treasury tags.

Zak.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:08 pm

someperson49 wrote:Went on the 31st with my wife to submit her application in Lahore.

A few things, firstly I had to wait outside for 4 hours and there was literally nowhere to sit, and because she wasnt allowed to take her phone in, you couldnt really go anywhere either. Seriously it was tough, Id advise taking a chair and a fan.

Also I had used treasury tags to keep the application together (due to the advice given here), but it was not accepted, my wife still had to take it all out.

Anyway now we just wait.

4 hours!? Damn! My Mrs was in for like 30 mins and I was stressing. With regards to treasury tags did you by any chance put your documents in wallets before putting the tag through? I know of a handful of people who used this and it was never an issue.

Zak.

sky_blue
BANNED

Post by sky_blue » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:27 pm

Zak_K wrote:
someperson49 wrote:Went on the 31st with my wife to submit her application in Lahore.

Anyway now we just wait.

4 hours!? Damn! My Mrs was in for like 30 mins and I was stressing. With regards to treasury tags did you by any chance put your documents in wallets before putting the tag through? I know of a handful of people who used this and it was never an issue.

Zak.
Bro are you telling us your wife applied in just 30 minutes in Pakitsan.
If you read this topic again you would find Lynnuk clearly said Vac would not allow Treasy Tags but you insisted and see a result a gentleman was misleading by your information.

Please dont mislead people.

I have to wait 3 to 4 hours in Vac to submit application and if somebody says 30 minutes it is a joke.

deemi

Post by deemi » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:19 pm

Salaam all

i don't think anyone is trying to mislead anyone else on these forums. I know other people who have used treasury tags and had no problems.

In fact my wifes application was also held together with treasury tags which I had thread thro polly pockets!! And the mrs application took 2 hrs in total in the vac.

At the end of the day I think it depends on the person who is dealing with u on the day!!
Done waiting!!!!

mohid
Newly Registered

Post by mohid » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:50 pm

mohid wrote:Aslam -o-alkum

i am woundring if some can help me. what it is on 25th aug 2008 i applied for depandent visa (as a work permit spouse) for my wife which was refused. then appeal is allowed by AIT judge in 2009.

since september 2009 i am waiting for visa after allowed appeal.
to trace and speed it up i e-mailed BHC Appeals and visa sections also ask my MPfor help he also sent e-mails to them. can any one plz help me what should i do to speed it up. as this month TB certifcate going to be expire.
and 2nd thing is one of my freind told me that i might have problem due to my current stutus. orignal visa was for work permit depandet but now i am on ILR
But immgreation judge know tht i am on ILR as i send my passport copies to BHC. please advice what should i do.

Thanks for help

any one who can help Plz?????????????
Last edited by mohid on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:05 pm

How much have people been paying for the TB scans/certificate?

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:39 pm

kaidee wrote:How much have people been paying for the TB scans/certificate?
Rs 3000 is what my fiancee paid

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:43 pm

sky_blue wrote:
Zak_K wrote:

Anyway now we just wait.

Zak.
If you read this topic again you would find Lynnuk clearly said Vac would not allow Treasy Tags but you insisted and see a result a gentleman was misleading by your information.

I have to wait 3 to 4 hours in Vac to submit application and if somebody says 30 minutes it is a joke.
I have to step in here and say my fiancee submitted her fiancee settlement application at mirpur and she was in for about 30-40 minutes so it can be done. Her application was successful by the way.

ALSO, she used treasury tags and this was NO PROBLEM.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:50 pm

Current fee for the spouse settlement visa application has been changed and new fee will be 86,940 PKR from the 6th of april 2010. :wink:

TB test screening fee is 3000 PKR.

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:41 am

t_kaay wrote:
kaidee wrote:How much have people been paying for the TB scans/certificate?
Rs 3000 is what my fiancee paid
navalaviator wrote:Current fee for the spouse settlement visa application has been changed and new fee will be 86,940 PKR from the 6th of april 2010. :wink:

TB test screening fee is 3000 PKR.
Thanks. Missus told me it's 3600PKR. Already swindling me :P

Looks like I'm gonna get stung :x :cry:

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:44 am

[quote="Zak_K"]

Zak.[/quote]

Nah I hole punched everything, except the TB certificate. This was in Lahore so its maybe different in the Mirpur office. Some of the papers needed photocopying, but my wife said there was alot of rush there.

Shakeel101
Newly Registered

Post by Shakeel101 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:49 am

17F4N wrote:
t_a786 wrote:Hi,

Has any 1 got thier passports back after getting visa stamps recently? My hubby's pp been 5 weeks now and no response. My MP sent a letter lets see.

If anyone do get thier passports back please let us know.

Many thanks
Yes my wife got her passport back after 10 days.... and she is arriving tomorrow evening..

there was no involvement from MP or Solicitors.. it was just me chasing them...
How did you chase them?

who did you email, who did you telephone?

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:42 am

sky_blue wrote:
Zak_K wrote:

Anyway now we just wait.

Zak.

It's all good, I understand that it's misdirected anger. From other members comments (and my own experience) the Mirpur VAC has a light workload, so if possible it might speed up the process if you apply there.

Having said that I'd like to reiterate that any advise I give is purely from personal experience (and advice from I've received from professionals)

But yeah, I'm NOT saying my wife applied in just 30 mins in Pakistan. I'm saying... My wife applied in just 30.. in Mirpur :P
Last edited by Zak_K on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

sherifuk
Newly Registered

settlement visa application

Post by sherifuk » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:53 am

salam to all,

guys i have submitted my wife appllication from karachi vac on the 25/03/10 but wondering. i have enclosed my wage slip and bank statement showing my income cuming in also mention on the covering letter. But forgot to enclosed the letter from my employers or contract. would that be an issue can anyone advice me on this

thanks

Zak_K

Re: settlement visa application

Post by Zak_K » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:29 am

sherifuk wrote:salam to all,

guys i have submitted my wife appllication from karachi vac on the 25/03/10 but wondering. i have enclosed my wage slip and bank statement showing my income cuming in also mention on the covering letter. But forgot to enclosed the letter from my employers or contract. would that be an issue can anyone advice me on this

thanks
It could possibily be an issue. But assuming that you have filled in the form correctly, and clearly stated your employers contact details I don't see this being a major problem.

In any case, if you do get refused on this basis, then you will have no problem confirming your employment details.

Zak.

sherifuk
Newly Registered

Re: settlement visa application

Post by sherifuk » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:42 am

[quote="Zak_K"][quote="sherifuk"]salam to all,

thanks[/quote]

It could possibily be an issue. But assuming that you have filled in the form correctly, and clearly stated your employers contact details I don't see this being a major problem.

In any case, if you do get refused on this basis, then you will have no problem confirming your employment details.

Zak.[/quote]

thanks for the information zak, I have filled the form out correctly and input my employer address telephone and email address. I have no problem confirming the employement detail but that would cause necessary delay.

Since I applied it showing the status Application Forwareded to Islamabad OC what you think this mean is, the status is same since start do you know when its likely to be changed, as I believe all the application are forwarding to abu dhabhi rather than islamabad.

also do you know how long the whole process takes..

deemi

Post by deemi » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:09 pm

Sherif welcome to the wait!!!

Re the employment stuff - you would hope that the eco will ring your employer to confirm and also see your salary being paid into your bank account on a monthly/weekly basis. However there is no gaurentee that they will do this. If they do refuse like zak said you should be able to prove it easily even though you may end up with a delay.

With regards to timings - at the moment one month from application seems to be the norm however 3 months is the advised time.

And the status only changes twice from what I undersand. Once to forwarded to Islamabad oc on when the papers are sent and then application ready for collection (or something like that). It's a pain.

My wife only applied about 10 days ago and the wait is already doing my head in!!

Anyway hope this helps and good luck!!
Done waiting!!!!

sherifuk
Newly Registered

Post by sherifuk » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:25 pm

[quote="deemi"]Sherif welcome to the wait!!!

Re the employment stuff - you would hope that the eco will ring your employer to confirm and also see your salary being paid into your bank account on a monthly/weekly basis. However there is no gaurentee that they will do this. If they do refuse like zak said you should be able to prove it easily even though you may end up with a delay.

With regards to timings - at the moment one month from application seems to be the norm however 3 months is the advised time.

And the status only changes twice from what I undersand. Once to forwarded to Islamabad oc on when the papers are sent and then application ready for collection (or something like that). It's a pain.

My wife only applied about 10 days ago and the wait is already doing my head in!!

Anyway hope this helps and good luck!![/quote]

Thanks for your help... so your application date is simlilar to mine.which vac you applied from. this is the only thing which i havent done.. i hope all should be ok.

keep me posted if you hear anything from them