ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

navnas

Post by navnas » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:55 am

yarons wrote:
navnas wrote:
yarons wrote:CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================
Method: Immigration agency
Date of Submission: 23/02/2010
CRITERIA: 5 Years WP+HSMP (3+2) + 1 Year ILR
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 05/03/2010. Dated 26/02/2010
Date UKBA made a Decision: 16/03/2010
Date of receipt of Approval: 25/03/2010 (letter dated 17/03)
Date of ceremony: 29/03/2010 (Private)

PASSPORT TIMELINE:
====================
Date of application: 30/03/2010
Method: Check&Send
Date received by IPS: 31/03/2010 (Newport office)
congrats yarons ! u are almost there :-)

by the way how u confirmed that IPS recieved ur application ??? i mean did u call them to check or royal mail ???
Thanks navans. I called IPS yesterday and they told my application was received on the 31st and it's currently in their Newport office.

Did you get invited to the interview yet?
Nope yarons ! they said that the initial checks have been done but waiting for the exminer so nothing yet ...:-(

kindley

Post by kindley » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:52 am

Hello everyone,

Just need a clarification regarding invitation to attend Citizenship Ceremony.

Does one have to receive a letter of invitation from the council?
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

alibokhari

Timeline

Post by alibokhari » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:58 am

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission : 20 March 2010 (Saturday)
Received at HO: Not sure what date they received
CRITERIA - 2 YR Work permit + 3 year HSMP + 1 YR ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 29 March 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 31 March 2010
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:
Date of appln. for passport:
Method used:
Date of Receipt:

Can I call Home Office to get an update on my application?

thanks

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:59 pm

navnas wrote:
Tim555 wrote:UPDATES!

I'm pleased to inform you all that today I received approval letter from UKBA. They approved my citizenship application.

I've also booked an appointment for ceremony ( group ) on 14th April 2010.

Thanks to Almighty Allah and all the members of this forum especially Brightest Star, Eskar, Freddfrog, Kindley, Nao and yarons for your kind words, support and advise.

Wish you ( all ) good luck for rest of your applications.

Regards,
Many congrats mate ! best of luck for the final round...
Thanks Navnas :D
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:01 pm

Thanks friends for all your support.

Any updates guys?

Brightest Star bahi! any update? Did you book your ceremony?

Wish you all the best.

Regards,

Tim555
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:11 pm

kindley wrote:Hello everyone,

Hi Kindley,

Just to let you know of my ceremony booking experience. My complaint to the register office has been received and senior person in the register phoned me back apologising for the mix up and for setting my expectations and not meeting them when I phoned up to book.

She was really nice on the phone and has squeezed me into the 8th April ceremony after all! I even get to bring my wife and little boy! She said that it was their first in a town hall and they were going to have dignitaries and they were going to look at revising how they book their cermonies in future to make sure it is fair and they are setting out and managing customer expectations properly.

I did get sent a separate letter from my council register office formally inviting me to the cermony and giving the ceremony details the day after the phone call.

Now I'm just awaiting Thursday morning and I finally become a British Citizen officially! I'm just glad that I didn't have to pay the £80 private ceremony fee which will now go towards my first passport application!

A warm congrats to Tim555 for getting the approval - I'm very pleased for you!

Thanks all and will keep you updated in my final steps! :)

kindley

Post by kindley » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:06 pm

freddfrog wrote:
kindley wrote:Hello everyone,

Hi Kindley,

Just to let you know of my ceremony booking experience. My complaint to the register office has been received and senior person in the register phoned me back apologising for the mix up and for setting my expectations and not meeting them when I phoned up to book.

She was really nice on the phone and has squeezed me into the 8th April ceremony after all! I even get to bring my wife and little boy! She said that it was their first in a town hall and they were going to have dignitaries and they were going to look at revising how they book their cermonies in future to make sure it is fair and they are setting out and managing customer expectations properly.

I did get sent a separate letter from my council register office formally inviting me to the cermony and giving the ceremony details the day after the phone call.

Now I'm just awaiting Thursday morning and I finally become a British Citizen officially! I'm just glad that I didn't have to pay the £80 private ceremony fee which will now go towards my first passport application!

A warm congrats to Tim555 for getting the approval - I'm very pleased for you!

Thanks all and will keep you updated in my final steps! :)
Fredfrog,

Thanks and I am glad you are able to get the 8th of April Ceremony that. Hope it goes well.

I was told last Tuesday it would be sent out to me but yet to receive it. I'll ring my council tomorrow to ensure the letter as been sent.

Regards

navnas

Post by navnas » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi Eskar and others who have applied for the passport ,

any updates from your side ?? mine is still awaiting..

yarons

Post by yarons » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:54 pm

navnas wrote:Hi Eskar and others who have applied for the passport ,

any updates from your side ?? mine is still awaiting..
Nothing from me. Called IPS today and they said it's far too early to give me an estimation on completion date. Said it didn't even go through the checks yet and advised me to call again next week to check on progress.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:46 pm

Called IPS today said my application got processed and an interview letter already sent out but still gave me the reference number to go ahead and book the interview. I booked interview, first available date was this weekend so booked for saturday. Any advice from people who already went through interview? Can anyone tell me what to expect in this interview?

yarons

Post by yarons » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:15 am

eliasuk4u wrote:Called IPS today said my application got processed and an interview letter already sent out but still gave me the reference number to go ahead and book the interview. I booked interview, first available date was this weekend so booked for saturday. Any advice from people who already went through interview? Can anyone tell me what to expect in this interview?
These are more or less the questions you'll get asked:
1. Spell your full name .
2. date, place and country of birth.
3. when and where was your ceromony.
4. what did you send with your application.(the supporting docs incl.Pics)
5. have you received your docs back yet.
6. mother's full name, date and place of birth
7. Father's full name, date and place of birth
8. name of countsignee and approx age.
9. how do you know him/her?
10. Is there any adult living with you?
11. Full name, date and place of birth of your partner.
12. have you got any credit agreements like loans credit cards ect...
13. Who do you bank with?
14. For how long have you had this account?

Some questions may be different in some interviews but this is the general idea.

When did you apply for your passport and what method did you use?

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:50 am

yarons wrote:
eliasuk4u wrote:Called IPS today said my application got processed and an interview letter already sent out but still gave me the reference number to go ahead and book the interview. I booked interview, first available date was this weekend so booked for saturday. Any advice from people who already went through interview? Can anyone tell me what to expect in this interview?
These are more or less the questions you'll get asked:
1. Spell your full name .
2. date, place and country of birth.
3. when and where was your ceromony.
4. what did you send with your application.(the supporting docs incl.Pics)
5. have you received your docs back yet.
6. mother's full name, date and place of birth
7. Father's full name, date and place of birth
8. name of countsignee and approx age.
9. how do you know him/her?
10. Is there any adult living with you?
11. Full name, date and place of birth of your partner.
12. have you got any credit agreements like loans credit cards ect...
13. Who do you bank with?
14. For how long have you had this account?

Some questions may be different in some interviews but this is the general idea.

When did you apply for your passport and what method did you use?
Thanks for your reply. I applied on 22nd March via post office check and send. I got an interview letter too this morning dated 1st of April.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:07 pm

Hello all,

Congratulations to all those who have received their citizenship.

I have seen couple of posts on the forum from people having difficulty getting appointment at the council for citizenship ceremony.

Since one can select any council to have the ceremony at, provided they have written which council at the time of the citizenship application, I was wondering if we can get a sense of which councils are easier to deal with at the ceremony stage and which are not.

The request for those who have gone through the citizenship ceremony, if you can post your experiences. How easy was it to get appointments, how quick was the appointment, if you did the normal ceremony or a private one (and cost of the private one), and any other information.

Hopefully this would be useful for those of us who are going to be applying.

Thanks,

Ray

anpal
Newly Registered

Post by anpal » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:27 am

raymasa2 wrote:Hello all,

Congratulations to all those who have received their citizenship.

I have seen couple of posts on the forum from people having difficulty getting appointment at the council for citizenship ceremony.

Since one can select any council to have the ceremony at, provided they have written which council at the time of the citizenship application, I was wondering if we can get a sense of which councils are easier to deal with at the ceremony stage and which are not.

The request for those who have gone through the citizenship ceremony, if you can post your experiences. How easy was it to get appointments, how quick was the appointment, if you did the normal ceremony or a private one (and cost of the private one), and any other information.

Hopefully this would be useful for those of us who are going to be applying.

Thanks,

Ray

I used camden NCS at got the application appointment within 4-5 days (westminster quoted a waiting time of 4 weeks.). Got ceremony appointment also within 1 week. Found Camden to be very very organized, and very good.

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:28 am

Hi eveyone. got my passport today. story is end finally. applied 20 jan, took 11 weeks all the way.

applied 20 jan, 10
got approval 6 march
did ceremony 18 march
applied for passport 23 march
interview 6 march
passport received 8 march.

yet to receive suporting docs

kindley

Post by kindley » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Congrats Eskkar, what are the supporting documents you used.
Thanks

Eskar wrote:Hi eveyone. got my passport today. story is end finally. applied 20 jan, took 11 weeks all the way.

applied 20 jan, 10
got approval 6 march
did ceremony 18 march
interview 6 march

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:15 pm

my passsport plud naturalisation papers. well i also wrote my grandparents details and 3 years address in a piece of paper. hope that help
kindley wrote:Congrats Eskkar, what are the supporting documents you used.
Thanks

Eskar wrote:Hi eveyone. got my passport today. story is end finally. applied 20 jan, took 11 weeks all the way.

applied 20 jan, 10
got approval 6 march
did ceremony 18 march
interview 6 march

navnas

Post by navnas » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:58 pm

applied 20 jan, 10
got approval 6 march
did ceremony 18 march
interview 6 march

Congarts Eskar for completing the journey ...

i also got the interview letter today

can you also let me know how the interview was and if possible the questions ???

kindley

Post by kindley » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:58 pm

Hello Eskar,

What do you mean by "naturalisation papers"? Did you mean your Letters of approval and invitation to attend Citizenship Ceremony? or just your Naturalisation Certificate?

Regards

freddfrog

Finally officially a British Citizen!

Post by freddfrog » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:08 am

Hi guys, just a quick update.. Had my citizenship ceremony this morning and finally got my certificate of naturalisation - I'm finally officially a British Citizen!

My updated timeline:

NCS or Postal : Postal Leeds

Date of submission or posting : 23/02/2010

Date recieved by HO: 24/02/2010 (Special Delivery)

CRITERIA: 3 Years married + 5yrs ILR

Date of debit of Card : 27/02/2010

Date receipt of acknowledgement : 26/02/2010 (letter received 03/03/10)

Date of receipt of approval : 20/03/10 (Missed delivery on 18th, redelivered 20th) Letter dated 15/03/10

Date of Citizenship Ceremony : 08/04/10

Date of passport application : 08/04/10

Method used : Check and Send

Date for passport Interview: Pending

Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

Also applied for my first UK passport this morning straight after using check and send which was pretty painless. I got a free leather passpor holder as a small gift from my council during the citizenship ceremony so that's a nice touch! :)

Just waiting for my passport interview date now which seems to take around weeks to arrive from recent passport applications here. I'll wait a week and give them a ring to check and see if they can give me a ref number to give to the passport interview office so I can book it ASAP. With luck I should have my UK passport by the end of the month - hopefully!

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:44 am

@ kidney....i mean certificate.
@ navanas... questions are very simple. whatever you wrote in the form , they will ask you that. the only extra thing they asked was banks details, loan and mortgage.

kindley wrote:Hello Eskar,

What do you mean by "naturalisation papers"? Did you mean your Letters of approval and invitation to attend Citizenship Ceremony? or just your Naturalisation Certificate?

Regards

yarons

Post by yarons » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:04 am

Eskar wrote:@ kidney....i mean certificate.
@ navanas... questions are very simple. whatever you wrote in the form , they will ask you that. the only extra thing they asked was banks details, loan and mortgage.

Regards
Eskar, do you know if they called your countersignatory as part of the checks?

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:21 am

well they did ask me about countersignatory e.g. wots his name and wha does and approimate age of him. but dnt think they called him otherwise he would informed me
yarons wrote:

Regards
Eskar, do you know if they called your countersignatory as part of the checks?

navnas

Post by navnas » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:34 pm

Regards
Thanks Eskar ,

did they told you after the interview that urs passport will be issued or did they told you some thing else like wait etc??

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:39 pm

the guy said it may take 4 working days to receive the passport as they may need to do some extra checking but i got the passport witin 2 days after interview.
navnas wrote:
did they told you after the interview that urs passport will be issued or did they told you some thing else like wait etc??