ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILE (Settlement) visa expiry date - for dependent kid.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

diago_nelson

ILE (Settlement) visa expiry date - for dependent kid.

Post by diago_nelson » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:01 am

Hi friends,

I have recently got ILR in Mar 2010 (WP+Tier1 category, 5yrs). My wife has also got ILR as my dependent.

My child will be born in India (due to compelling personal reasons), and I would apply for kids settlement entry clearance visa as my dependent.

My passport would expire in Feb 2011, is it true that my kids's settlement ILE visa will be valid till Feb 2011 (sounds contradicting) :? ?

And if yes, then do I need to apply for kid's extension of ILE visa (not sure if it exists !) from UK in Feb 2011.

The reason being in next year Mar 2011, I will be applicable for BC with my kid, so dont want to pay twice for kids visa and BC.

The other option I have is to extend my passport validity before I apply for kids settlement visa, which I may go for now rather than later this year.

Many thanks for your time!

Best regards.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:42 am

[quote="ECB9.6 Indefinite Leave to Enter (ILE) and Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)"]Applicants who are granted Indefinite Leave to Enter (ILE) at a visa issuing Post should have no time restrictions on their stay in the UK ie they can stay indefinitely. ILE carries the same entitlement as “Indefinite Leave to Remainâ€

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Thanks sushdmehta for the confirmation!