ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:40 pm

I am planning to fly to France do i need any visa or i can just book a ticket and fly...

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Gabriella2305 wrote:Forza, u mention earlier in the thread you called a number... plz tell me which number you phoned? thanks
Thanks Gabriella2305.

I only called 0 845 010 5200 (dial 2-3-2), I do not know any other number(s).

I called the HO twice (in February and March)

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:49 pm

hunpak wrote:Hey fellow

I received my RC today with a stamp of RC on my passport ..its great to know that i am not the only one getting my RC today...

It took about nearly 4 months
Congrats. hunpak & and thanks for your all posts & comments :)

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:53 pm

Family members of an European Union citizen (excepting French national)

Married spouses of EU nationals are exempted from obtaining a Schengen visa to travel to France if they hold:

a valid passport;

a valid UK residence permit - issued by the Home Office - with the endorsement "family member of EEA national" (art 10 of the European council/parliament directive 2004/38 ce);

and if they are joining or travelling with the EU national.

http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Family-mem ... opean.html

nippbit
Newly Registered

Post by nippbit » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Sent Application: 30/03/10

Have not recieved CoA

On another topic, I do need help:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=54864

Gabriella2305

Post by Gabriella2305 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:12 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
Gabriella2305 wrote:Forza, u mention earlier in the thread you called a number... plz tell me which number you phoned? thanks
Thanks Gabriella2305.

I only called 0 845 010 5200 (dial 2-3-2), I do not know any other number(s).

I called the HO twice (in February and March)
Thnx Forza, I tried now but the call immediately connects to that automated lady and when I dial 232 they say "You have made an invalid request, your call will now be terminated" when do you dial 232? sorry and thanks for your help

Gabriella2305

Post by Gabriella2305 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:14 pm

hunpak wrote:Hey fellow

I received my RC today with a stamp of RC on my passport ..its great to know that i am not the only one getting my RC today...

I wish u all luck

Submission of Application 9 December 2009
COA Received 17 December 2009
HO informed me that they have made a decision on my application on 27th December and the Documents are waiting for dispatch.
RC received Today 6th April 2010

It took about nearly 4 months
CONGRATS hunpack :)

P&T

Post by P&T » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Forza_RC wrote:Hello everyone!

I am in shock that I received my EEA2 residence card just 2 min. ago :)

When I saw the yellow/brown envelop I thought the HO sent back my application to request some more documents :)

Luckily I am working at home today :)
Congratulations Forza and Hunpak!! This is absolutely brilliant news! Woo hoo we are really happy for you all :D !!

That means our documents should be en route to our mail box soon enough keeping fingers super crossed for all of us who are still playing the waiting game!

Forza we just want to thank you for starting the EEA2 topic on this forum seeing as you are the author. It has been extremely useful and a channel of hope for us EEA2 warriors 8) .

Regards,
P&T

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:36 pm

Forza_RC wrote:Family members of an European Union citizen (excepting French national)

Married spouses of EU nationals are exempted from obtaining a Schengen visa to travel to France if they hold:

a valid passport;

a valid UK residence permit - issued by the Home Office - with the endorsement "family member of EEA national" (art 10 of the European council/parliament directive 2004/38 ce);

and if they are joining or travelling with the EU national.

http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Family-mem ... opean.html
thanks Forza_RC and Congrats on ur success of RC

thanks to Gabrilla and P&T for ur good wishes and all the others for supporting me

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:34 pm

Gabriella2305 wrote: Thnx Forza, I tried now but the call immediately connects to that automated lady and when I dial 232 they say "You have made an invalid request, your call will now be terminated" when do you dial 232? sorry and thanks for your help
Call the line which I wrote and follow the instructions, you do not have to dial 2-3-2 immediatly/sequentially...Please listen to the instructions.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:46 pm

P&T wrote: Congratulations Forza and Hunpak!! This is absolutely brilliant news! Woo hoo we are really happy for you all :D !!

That means our documents should be en route to our mail box soon enough keeping fingers super crossed for all of us who are still playing the waiting game!

Forza we just want to thank you for starting the EEA2 topic on this forum seeing as you are the author. It has been extremely useful and a channel of hope for us EEA2 warriors 8) .

Regards,
P&T
Dear P&T, thanks for your post. I am so sure you will all receive the EEA2 cards with in 3 - 4 months...This is apparently the processing time since end of 2009!

My application was so straightforward and I did not include any extra cover letter or documents (application form + marriage certificate + 2 photo + 2 months pay slip+ letter from the employer that is all...)

I am so happy that we have been sharing our comments & experiences on this forum.

It is also has been extremely useful channel for me and so sure for all the EEA2 warriors :D

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:49 pm

hunpak wrote: thanks Forza_RC and Congrats on ur success of RC

thanks to Gabrilla and P&T for ur good wishes and all the others for supporting me
You are welcome. Good luck to you :) Next 5 years no problem with visa matters...The target is from now on EEA4 :D :D :D

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:34 pm

Forza_RC wrote:

You are welcome. Good luck to you :) Next 5 years no problem with visa matters...The target is from now on EEA4 :D :D :D
best of luck for that...though politically Tories worry me as they are against EU
My target is to apply for EEA3 for my other half ..as she is here for nearly 7 years and then get her Citizenship so it can make my route to ILR or PR quicker.. but the main worry is that we don't have much proof to prove her that shes bin exercising her treaty rights for 5 years..

armstrong
Newly Registered

Post by armstrong » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:24 am

Congrats to Forza and Hunpak. Glad for you both although jealous as well. it at least gives me hope that there is light at the end of this dark tunnel.
sent my application on December 2009 got COA on January 2010 hopefully mine will arrive soon. fingers definitely crossed. thanks to you all for sharing
Last edited by armstrong on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gabriella2305

Post by Gabriella2305 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:21 am

Ok so I finally got throught to a person at home office this morning by calling the 0151 number and pressing option 1 then option 2.
The guy didn't give me too much info, he gave me my case number and said my application should be getting dealt with at the end of this month, beginning of May...
I am just praying I can get it back before June.
I also have a very straight forward case.... I guess I just have to be patient.

Penguin
Newly Registered

Post by Penguin » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:24 am

Hey fellow questers.I'm the applicant (south african) and Mrs Penguin is Polish.
Im plannning on sending the form( who's name we do not speak) out today. could those who had it returned for further info please tell me why?
Id like to get it first time as it seems I might miss christmass in Ploand.
Id also like to know if id need a special visa to travel with my wife to poland for a visit. also any usefull things I could add to the envelope besides just answering their questions?( £500 perhaps hehehehe)
Thanks for a great forum I had fun reading it all this morning

Penguin
Newly Registered

Post by Penguin » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:29 am

is doing this by post the only way?
are tthere no offices in uk i can submit aplication in person?

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:01 pm

Penguin wrote:is doing this by post the only way?
are tthere no offices in uk i can submit aplication in person?
yes, by post is the only way for EEA2. They won't entertain you if you show up in person at any office.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:38 pm

hunpak wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:

best of luck for that...though politically Tories worry me as they are against EU
My target is to apply for EEA3 for my other half ..as she is here for nearly 7 years and then get her Citizenship so it can make my route to ILR or PR quicker.. but the main worry is that we don't have much proof to prove her that shes bin exercising her treaty rights for 5 years..
Even if they are to come into power, i doubt they will change anything, or even be able to right new Laws!
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

Penguin
Newly Registered

Post by Penguin » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:02 pm

Gabriella2305 wrote:Ok so I finally got throught to a person at home office this morning by calling the 0151 number and pressing option 1 then option 2.
The guy didn't give me too much info, he gave me my case number and said my application should be getting dealt with at the end of this month, beginning of May...
the 0151? can I have that number pls?

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:24 pm

Penguin wrote:
Gabriella2305 wrote:Ok so I finally got throught to a person at home office this morning by calling the 0151 number and pressing option 1 then option 2.
the 0151? can I have that number pls?
It's 01516725626. Better get your skates on, as I think lines closed at 17.30 hrs!

kAB
Newly Registered

Brilliant News!

Post by kAB » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:02 pm

Brilliant News!

Congrats Forza_RC and Hunpak.

This means my good news shouldn't be far away. fingers crossed

Can I ask if you guys got sticker in passport or sort of id card?

Also, can I ask if anyone knows if anything is written about the new processing times and the changes in the turnaround time anywhere officially?

---------

--------
:D

hunpak
Member of Standing

Re: Brilliant News!

Post by hunpak » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:57 pm

kAB wrote:Brilliant News!

Congrats Forza_RC and Hunpak.

This means my good news shouldn't be far away. fingers crossed

Can I ask if you guys got sticker in passport or sort of id card?

Also, can I ask if anyone knows if anything is written about the new processing times and the changes in the turnaround time anywhere officially?

---------

--------
:D
Tnx and im sure we will have good news soon

yes i have a sticker in me passport and they kept my Foreign national ID which i had when i got me student visa ..

don't have any info about processing times but its normally 6 months

armstrong
Newly Registered

is my reference alright?

Post by armstrong » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:58 pm

hi everyone, just wanted a bit of a clarification. my COA reference is entirely letters no numbers is that normal? it has my middle name too

hunpak
Member of Standing

Re: is my reference alright?

Post by hunpak » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:06 am

armstrong wrote:hi everyone, just wanted a bit of a clarification. my COA reference is entirely letters no numbers is that normal? it has my middle name too
Yeh it is absolutely okay.... it was same with me they will give u a case reference when it will be assigned to a caseworker..