ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self sufficient with non EEA husband working

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

newJoiner
Newly Registered

Self sufficient with non EEA husband working

Post by newJoiner » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:56 am

Hi,
Just about to complete my husband's application for EEA2. I'm EEA, he's not, he's working' I'm not. I was planning to apply as self sufficient (got the med insurance and the funds to prove) but then I realized that since he's working we also need to complete the employment section of the form.Am I right? Has anybody done it this way?

Thanks.

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi
U r talking about section 4 of the eea2 form which is about employment of EEA national so don`t fill it as you are not working , only tick the economically self sufficient option in section 7 of the form and provide the required documents becz that is what ur situation is.

Regards

newJoiner
Newly Registered

But they're saying otherwise!

Post by newJoiner » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:02 am

Quote:
You must complete this section if your EEA or Swiss national family member is a worker ie a person pursuing an effective and genuine activity for remuneration as an employed person. If you are supporting them through working, you must complete this section with your details.

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:38 pm

Ohh yes
You are 100% right
I take my words back
U have to complete this with the details of ur husband plus you need to tick the self sufficient option as well.

Good luck

nippbit
Newly Registered

Post by nippbit » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:56 pm

I'm filing for the EEA2 under similiar circumstances. Is it required that you show the funds if you prove that the working husband(me, in this case) makes enough money?

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:05 pm

nippbit wrote:I'm filing for the EEA2 under similiar circumstances. Is it required that you show the funds if you prove that the working husband(me, in this case) makes enough money?
As far as I know, under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006, there's no requirement for the working EEA partner to show that they have enough funds to support their non-EEA partner. When I submitted our application, I didn't bother to show that I had enough moolah to support my wife :)

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:58 am

nippbit wrote:I'm filing for the EEA2 under similiar circumstances. Is it required that you show the funds if you prove that the working husband(me, in this case) makes enough money?
It should be sufficient to show only your income as the funds your wife needs to have.

kAB
Newly Registered

Post by kAB » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:18 am

As far as I understand (and have done the same), it it still better to show as much funds you can in your (or spouse's/joint) bank in the UK AND/or abroad.