ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MY PASSPORT WILL EXPIRE WHILE MY RESIDENT IS STILL VALID

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bee Queen
Newly Registered

Post by Bee Queen » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:23 pm

Hello all good people, thanks for sharing such helpful info with one another, this forum is such a great blessing.

Please can anyone advice me on what to do as in regards to my query:

A: My passport will expire April 2010, while my 5yrs resident is still valid till September 2010.

B: What are the document needed for a transfer of resident to my new Passport.

C: Will the HO issue me with a resident for the remaining months?

D: How long does it take for the HO to send me my new resident?

I will appreciate your quick response.

You all stay blessed.

vegeta_2009

Re: MY PASSPORT WILL EXPIRE WHILE MY RESIDENT IS STILL VALID

Post by vegeta_2009 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:31 pm

Bee Queen wrote:Hello all good people, thanks for sharing such helpful info with one another, this forum is such a great blessing.

A: My passport will expire April 2010, while my 5yrs resident is still valid till September 2010.

You all stay blessed.
there is no such thing as transfer of stamp, you have to re-apply for it again (with all the supporting documents)

however, regardless of when your passport is expiring, the EEA2 stamp will still be valid untill the date shown, as long as the your embassy doesnt confiscate the old one when they issue you a new passport.

you have to ask your embassy what is their procedure (extend, confiscate, renew) passports.

technically you could just apply for PR when you get your passport back from the embassy.

Bee Queen
Newly Registered

Post by Bee Queen » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:00 pm

Thanks vegeta_2009 for your response to my query.

I will be issued a brand new Passport from my embassy as I have already elasped the required term of 10ys, So my embassy has already told me that l will get a new one, as l have already renewed before.

Do you think the HO will accept my application for a PR before the required time as l still have 5 months to go on my resident.

Any advice?

Thanks a bundle

London-er

Post by London-er » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:50 pm

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if you have to reapply with all your supporting documents anytime your passport runs out ( for PR holders) or what then happens?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:56 am

You need not reapply for a RC if your embassy doesn't confiscate expired passports before re-issue. Simply carry both old and new when travelling, seeking employment and other admin requirements.

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Post by noble72uk » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:39 pm

Bee Queen wrote:Thanks vegeta_2009 for your response to my query.

I will be issued a brand new Passport from my embassy as I have already elasped the required term of 10ys, So my embassy has already told me that l will get a new one, as l have already renewed before.

Do you think the HO will accept my application for a PR before the required time as l still have 5 months to go on my resident.

Any advice?

Thanks a bundle
Hi

Just to let you know, I’m in the same Boat

My passport got no blank page to apply for any visa and will expire in October.
My 5 years residence will expire in 31/july, so after I need to apply for the PR.

I have asked my Algerian consulate to get a new passport last week that I will have by the end of this week + the old passport as they are aware that is the only proof of my legal residence.
Next month on the 14th I’m travelling to Algeria and I will use the both passports the old one to show the status and the new one to get the entry stamp when I come back.

My advice is: ask your consulate to renew your passport and get your old passport back.

Regarding the PR, I will apply by the end of July I don’t want to give the HO a chance to turn down my application. They may do it under directive EU2004/38/EC < need continuous 5 years, not less.

I hope that my advice helps

Regards
Nabil

677ano

Post by 677ano » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:49 pm

Bee Queen wrote:Hello all good people, thanks for sharing such helpful info with one another, this forum is such a great blessing.

You all stay blessed.

Bee

All you need to do is get a new passport when you travel you can present both passport as your old passport has all your immigration history. There is no need to transfer, when you are due for PR just send both passport
we can all change our stars

London-er

Post by London-er » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Plum70 wrote:You need not reapply for a RC if your embassy doesn't confiscate expired passports before re-issue. Simply carry both old and new when travelling, seeking employment and other admin requirements.
Does anyone have an official web link or any confirmation to the above response. Just wondering if this is possible.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:46 pm

London-er wrote:
Plum70 wrote: Simply carry both old and new when travelling, seeking employment and other admin requirements.
Does anyone have an official web link or any confirmation to the above response. Just wondering if this is possible.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/faqs/5167621/19352809

London-er

Post by London-er » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:24 pm

Rozen wrote:
London-er wrote:
Plum70 wrote: Simply carry both old and new when travelling, seeking employment and other admin requirements.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/faqs/5167621/19352809
Excellent stuff, 8)
Seems this is about VISA… do you know if the same rules apply to Residence Documents?

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:46 pm

London-er wrote:do you know if the same rules apply to Residence Documents?
Yes, it does!