ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment rejected- fresh application - overstay

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

freshapplicant1
Newly Registered

Payment rejected- fresh application - overstay

Post by freshapplicant1 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:12 am

Hi Everybody,

I made tier 4 visa application by post 28 January2010
My visa is expired --------------------- 31 January 2010

I received an acknowledgment letter on 02 February 2010
I received a second letter dated 29 March 2010

I received that letter on06 April 2010. It was a refusal letter. The reason is invalidity due to they were not able to debit my account.

I checked my balance from the application date January until now and there have been always enough funds for the visa fee.

I checked the bank details I provided and they were also matching.

They asked me to make a fresh application under new rules starting from today 06 April 2010. I'm not sure I will be able to satisfy the new economic fund requirements this time and my visa is already expired .

Do you think I will be rejected if a make a new application with sufficient funds but they do not consistently appear 28 days backwards???????????????????????????????

Average 1100 as I had to spent the money that I showed for my visa application.

My studies is finishing June 2010. Not much time left.

I am thinking adding a covering letter to my new application and calling and asking them their idea.

I hope to hear from you guys . Thank you very much for the advices.

freshapplicant1
Newly Registered

Post by freshapplicant1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:19 pm

I called them and they told me the earlier I applied the more chances I will have. But if I do no meet the maintenance funds my visa will be rejected.

Also my visa could be rejected just because I become an illegal overstayer.

sooluvbi
Newly Registered

Post by sooluvbi » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:14 pm

I think if you can attach the covering letter to explain why you are overstaying it will be okay.

You have just been reject this Wednesday, not late!! Just take your time to prepare more than enough documents!!!

Good luck!!

freshapplicant1
Newly Registered

Post by freshapplicant1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Thank you sooluvbi.

I'll attach a letter maybe I'm thinking of sending the rejected form and documents as well to show that everything was perfect in my first application.

I have to make sure this time every doc is right , I hope I will not be rejected for some mere reason that they create.

sooluvbi
Newly Registered

Post by sooluvbi » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:36 pm

Hiya, do you know if you back to your home country and apply there, is there any ban towards you??. Because you are overstaying for more than 28 days...

Thanks.

freshapplicant1
Newly Registered

Post by freshapplicant1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:43 pm

I think in any case there is that risk. I think there will be no difference to check whether I am banned from applying here and applying back in Turkey. But it sounds more safe to me that I should try it here first and if there is a ban I can pack my stuff and live in Turkey happily thereafter. I think there will definitely be a problem unless I leave the UK in this week or maybe 28 days if they are generous enough to start the clock from the time they issued me a letter 29th March. But I do not think so.

skomati

Post by skomati » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:47 am

u will get the visa if u reapply satisfying the new rules and write a cover letter ...
or just go and see international student advisor in ur university/college

freshapplicant1
Newly Registered

Post by freshapplicant1 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:03 am

I talked to the advisor . She is not sure but she assured me that everyything has to be perfect this time. Recommended me to use my parent's account in Turkey providing with originals and English translations. And I may use their batch-up system where they apply on behalf of you or something similar.

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:51 am

sooluvbi wrote:Hiya, do you know if you back to your home country and apply there, is there any ban towards you??. Because you are overstaying for more than 28 days...
The way I see it the OP only began overstaying when they received the refusal on the 6 April. As they haven't (yet) overstayed past 28 days there is no ban applicable.

Existing leave is continued while a new application is being processed, so he/she had their existing leave extended until the 6 April...

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:49 pm

freshapplicant1, if your matter is still ongoing, have a look at this thread:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... n&start=40

Especially Caramba's summary at the top of page 3.

Check with your bank to see what the reason for payment not being successful was. If it genuinely UKBA's fault then you may be in luck. for example, did they imporperly input the security code you gave them or something like that?

However, if it was anything that could be counted as your resopnsibility (e.g. your bank has a restriction on certain levels of payment that you should have known about, or the name you put on the payment details for did not match your debit card etc.) then you will probably be out of luck.

freshapplicant1
Newly Registered

Post by freshapplicant1 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi Kitty thanks for the reference to Carambo's case maybe I should force my bank to provide me with the details.

I made a fresh application on 30 April 2010 via my university . I do not have much hope. Probably they will refuse and keep my passport. The school adviser made sure that everything is correct and I add a letter stating the reason for overstay and late application.

I waited till now to provide them with relevant funds 800 X 2 = 1600 for 28 days. My school adviser told me that she talked with a solicitor which recommended me to show higher maintenance funds and UK She and I both found this very odd as I do not need to do that. And I cannot is another fact. She told me that we can still provide extra info until the application starts to be examined. So I 'll call my bank which I had done it before and assured that there was no returned transaction but I'm sure there must be as it happened in the Carombo's case.

bartsimpsy
Newly Registered

Post by bartsimpsy » Wed May 05, 2010 9:04 am

Hello there...

Firstly, let us examine the reason why you were refused leave to remain in the first place.

The fact that you had sufficient funds available in your account works in your favor. If your bank can confirm this, then all the better.

I understand the UKBA were not able to debit your account BUT this is NOT your problem. You have taken reasonable steps to ensure you had the money in your account and furthermore you provided the UKBA with the correct account details.

If I were you, I would have challenged UKBA's original decision through a solicitor. You have upto 3 months from the first refusal to do this.

In the meantime, you can also submit a fresh application and provided everything is in order, you should get your visa. The IMP thing is to ensure you have sufficient funds for your maintenance BUT because this is your weakest link at the moment - I would challenge the first decision.

Regards and Best of Luck