ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 1 (Post-study work) to Tier 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

kookamunga22
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 1 (Post-study work) to Tier 1 (General)

Post by kookamunga22 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:19 pm

I'm pretty confused about the new points system for switching from Tier 1 (post-study work) to Tier 1 (General). I previously qualified for switching into Tier 1 (General) but I'm not sure anymore. I am 25, have a UK Masters qualification, am a native English speaker and earn £25k a year and have lived here for the last year and a half on the Tier 1 (post-study work) visa. I was given my post-study visa in November 2008 and it expires November 2010. Can someone give me advice about whether I still qualify under the new rules?

beecharmer1800bc

Re: Switching from Tier 1 (Post-study work) to Tier 1 (Gener

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:50 pm

kookamunga22 wrote:I'm pretty confused about the new points system for switching from Tier 1 (post-study work) to Tier 1 (General). I previously qualified for switching into Tier 1 (General) but I'm not sure anymore. I am 25, have a UK Masters qualification, am a native English speaker and earn £25k a year and have lived here for the last year and a half on the Tier 1 (post-study work) visa. I was given my post-study visa in November 2008 and it expires November 2010. Can someone give me advice about whether I still qualify under the new rules?
NO.You don't qualify under the new rules.
Pls refer to the new points based system for further info
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Switching from Tier 1 (Post-study work) to Tier 1 (Gener

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:40 pm

kookamunga22 wrote:I'm pretty confused about the new points system for switching from Tier 1 (post-study work) to Tier 1 (General). I previously qualified for switching into Tier 1 (General) but I'm not sure anymore. I am 25, have a UK Masters qualification, am a native English speaker and earn £25k a year and have lived here for the last year and a half on the Tier 1 (post-study work) visa. I was given my post-study visa in November 2008 and it expires November 2010. Can someone give me advice about whether I still qualify under the new rules?

points as per new system

Masters degree 35 points
Age 20 pts
uk qualification 5 pts

u need to show 30 k Income to qualify

if u can show another 5k Income as self employment u will be fine

Hussar
Newly Registered

Post by Hussar » Sat May 29, 2010 2:11 pm

The only thing which confuses me is different types of earning point bands. I have tier 1 psw and am gonna switch into tier 1 general next year. However, there is one band which states:

Points awarded for applications to switch into Tier 1 (General) from the Writer, composer or artist and Self-employed lawyer categories or from the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme.

My current staying permit was granted before 6th of April 2010 and I would like to know how much exactly I need to show as my income. Because if i need at least 30k, that madness as they require that much money from a graduate person.[/b]

tahnyuh

Post by tahnyuh » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:51 am

[deleted]