ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

armstrong
Newly Registered

Re: is my reference alright?

Post by armstrong » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:05 am

hunpak wrote:
armstrong wrote:hi everyone, just wanted a bit of a clarification. my COA reference is entirely letters no numbers is that normal? it has my middle name too
Yeh it is absolutely okay.... it was same with me they will give u a case reference when it will be assigned to a caseworker..
thanks a lot hunpak very reassuring

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Re: Brilliant News!

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:05 am

kAB wrote:Brilliant News!

Congrats Forza_RC and Hunpak.

This means my good news shouldn't be far away. fingers crossed

Can I ask if you guys got sticker in passport or sort of id card?

Also, can I ask if anyone knows if anything is written about the new processing times and the changes in the turnaround time anywhere officially?

---------

--------
:D
Thanks kAB.

Yes it is a sticker in the passport. It is just called EEA2 card but in the pass.

No, officially I have not seen anything about processing times anywhere...

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:08 am

armstrong wrote:Congrats to Forza and Hunpak. Glad for you both although jealous as well. it at least gives me hope that there is light at the end of this dark tunnel.
sent my application on 23rd December 2009 got COA on 12 January 2010 hopefully mine will arrive soon. fingers definitely crossed. thanks to you all for sharing
Thanks armstrong & hope you will receive yours very soon.

Gerkema

format EEA2 card

Post by Gerkema » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:48 am

Dear all,

We received the EEA2 card for my wife in September 2009, but it was endorsed as a sticker in her passport in clear violation of the guidelines that state under paragraph 2.2.2 "the residence card must be issued as a self-standing document and not in form of a sticker in a passport, as this could limit the validity of the card in violation of Article 11(1)"

Has anyone recently received an EEA2 as a self-standing document rather than a sticker in a passport?

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:35 am

Do EEA2 holders have to register with the police?

I registered with the police in my first week in the UK as I had a student visa. I just received the EEA2 on Tuesday so do I have to register again & give a notification as my visa status has changed?

anyone knows?

armstrong
Newly Registered

Post by armstrong » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:50 pm

called the HO today to find out about my application. was told they couldn't give me any info since it was less than 6 months. applied in Dec 2009

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:40 pm

Forza_RC wrote:Do EEA2 holders have to register with the police?

I registered with the police in my first week in the UK as I had a student visa. I just received the EEA2 on Tuesday so do I have to register again & give a notification as my visa status has changed?

anyone knows?
i never register myself with police....

kAB
Newly Registered

Post by kAB » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Thanks Forza_RC and hunpak for your replies.

kAB
Newly Registered

Comprehensive Health Insurance

Post by kAB » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:48 pm

Just called the UKBA and the girl on the phone informed me that they have recieved my letter explaining their "error" (I am a full time student and do not need to register with WRS, but they sent a letter asking for WRS registration) and it will be passed on to the caseworker who will look into the case.

Then she asked if I sent the proof of having a Comprehensive Health Insurance along with my letter. I told her that I sent the NHS Card with my EEA1/EEA2 application in December 2009 and this will cover the health insurance.

She said no - NHS doesnt cover the health insurance as I am not working and not paying the taxes and I will need to submit a health insurance as soon as possible to go ahead with my case. She also suggested to use companies as BUPA etc to get a health insuracne.

Now I am reading the NHS Scotland booklet and it clearly mentions, "if you are coming to Scotland to study on a full-time course, you can get health care from the NHS from the day you arrive until one month after your course finishes."

What shall I do? Please advise!!!!!!!! :(

-----
:?:

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Re: Comprehensive Health Insurance

Post by Forza_RC » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:57 pm

kAB wrote: She said no - NHS doesnt cover the health insurance as I am not working and not paying the taxes and I will need to submit a health insurance as soon as possible to go ahead with my case. She also suggested to use companies as BUPA etc to get a health insuracne.

What shall I do? Please advise!!!!!!!! :(

-----
:?:
Hi kAB.

Apparently, you have to contact one of those insurance companies, there are plenty of them. The HO is very strict with this health insurance...

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:50 pm

The wife came home today before me, and was elated to find that the UKBA have issued and sent us her passport, complete with EU Residence Card :P

Here's our story:
  • 7th Jan - sent applicaiton by special delivery
  • 7th Jan - received by Home Office
  • 19th Jan - received COA confirming right to work and reside in UK (was dated 14th Jan)
  • 23rd Feb - rang home office, was told that the application had not yet been assigned a reference number, and was still in the queue
  • 16th Mar - complained to Immigration Minister, Phil Woolas MP
  • 21st Mar - emailed local MP, raising concerns about processing times and lack of resources at UKBA
  • 30th Mar - written response from MP, dated 24th Mar
  • 1st April - reply from Phil Woolas complaint, looking for more info
  • 9th April - Residence Card received
We sent the following documents:

Code: Select all

Covering letter
Completed application form signed by my employer and my wife
Letter from employer
3 months payslip prior to application date
civil marriage cert
Wife's passport + student residence permit
My passport
It's not clear how much my email to the MP helped, but I think it didn't hurt. And I'm impressed with the turnaround time of just over 3 months - that's a massive improvement. To anyone else who applied in Dec/Jan and are still waiting, I'm convinced that your residence cards are immenent. Perhaps a quick email to your local MP to push things along might help, especially with a general election coming up, and MPs hungry for votes!

Many thanks to everyone for their advice and support :D

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:16 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:The wife came home today before me, and was elated to find that the UKBA have issued and sent us her passport, complete with EU Residence Card :P

Here's our story:
  • 19th Jan - received COA confirming right to work and reside in UK (was dated 14th Jan)
  • 23rd Feb - rang home office, was told that the application had not yet been assigned a reference number, and was still in the queue
  • 21st Mar - emailed local MP, raising concerns about processing times and lack of resources at UKBA

Covering letter
Letter from employer
civil marriage cert
My passport
It's not clear how much my email to the MP helped, but I think it didn't hurt. And I'm impressed with the turnaround time of just over 3 months - that's a massive improvement. To anyone else who applied in Dec/Jan and are still waiting, I'm convinced that your residence cards are immenent. Perhaps a quick email to your local MP to push things along might help, especially with a general election coming up, and MPs hungry for votes!

Congrats doesnotcompute, more good news to come next week.
Come on professionals lets share the good news together.

kAB
Newly Registered

Post by kAB » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:57 am

Forza_RC wrote: Hi kAB.

Apparently, you have to contact one of those insurance companies, there are plenty of them. The HO is very strict with this health insurance...
Hi Forza_RC or other members,

Do anyone of you know a very affordable health insurance I can purchase?

And congrats doesnotcompute!!

On the other matter, my HO case worker sent an email (from his personal UKBA email address) to my husband's employer yesterday at 19:31 asking to confirm his start date and that he is still working there.

This means the caseworker already got my cover letter regarding his error (re: WRS) and he is going ahead with our case. So, I plan to wait and see till next week and give them a call on Thursday and see what they say. If they will still need the health insurance, then I'll buy and send one!

Either way, as I will have the email address of the case worker, I will write him directly if need be.

So, a tip for everyone who has applied for the EEA2 about 2+ months - ask your employer if the UKBA Caseworker has contacted and get their email addresses :)

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:34 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:The wife came home today before me, and was elated to find that the UKBA have issued and sent us her passport, complete with EU Residence Card :P
Congt. doesnotcompute. What a great news! I am so sure you are so relieved:)

This is yet another proof of the processing time of the EEA2 applications, so apparently it takes 3 to 4 months.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:54 am

kAB wrote:
Forza_RC wrote: Hi kAB.

Hi Forza_RC or other members,

Do anyone of you know a very affordable health insurance I can purchase?

And congrats doesnotcompute!!

On the other matter, my HO case worker sent an email (from his personal UKBA email address) to my husband's employer yesterday at 19:31 asking to confirm his start date and that he is still working there.

This means the caseworker already got my cover letter regarding his error (re: WRS) and he is going ahead with our case. So, I plan to wait and see till next week and give them a call on Thursday and see what they say. If they will still need the health insurance, then I'll buy and send one!

Either way, as I will have the email address of the case worker, I will write him directly if need be.

So, a tip for everyone who has applied for the EEA2 about 2+ months - ask your employer if the UKBA Caseworker has contacted and get their email addresses :)
you can check moneysupermarket.com and other comparison websites

also i heard u can buy very cheap health insurance from Asda

kindman
Newly Registered

Post by kindman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:09 am

Hi guys called HO today and was told my application is under consideration, but don't know how long it takes for the consideration. by the way big big hope for me now

fingers cross

Gerkema

Post by Gerkema » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Congrats doesnotcompute. Did you get an EEA2 sticker in her passport or a separate document wth the EEA2 in it?

Thanks

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:05 pm

Gerkema wrote:
Congrats doesnotcompute. Did you get an EEA2 sticker in her passport or a separate document wth the EEA2 in it?

Thanks
It's a sticker in her passport, saying "Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National", or something to that effect.

P&T

Post by P&T » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:11 pm

Here's our story:

Covering letter
Letter from employer
civil marriage cert
My passport

Doesntcompute congratulations!!! The last week has been brilliant for EEA2 applicants looks like the UKBA is actually working on processing them asap phew! Once again more hope for us EEA2 applicants woo hoo! We are really happy for you!! As you know we also complained to our local MP :) so we are still keeping our fingers super crossed every time we open our mail box!

Enjoy your holiday making plans!

Regards,
P&T

Gabriella2305

Post by Gabriella2305 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:03 pm

Hey everyone!
Congrats doesnotcompute!! I received my COA dated 8th Jan so hopefully mine will come soon, when I called HO last week they said it's being dealt with end of this month.
How do you find out who your local MP is and can you give me an idea of what you said to them? was it an email or posted letter?
Thanks guys
APPLIED FOR EEA2 DEC 2009
RECEIVED COA DATED 8TH JAN 2010
CALLED HOME OFFICE 7 APRIL 2010 (HAS CASE NUMBER AND SAID IT SHOULD BE GETTING DEALT WITH END OF THIS MONTH/BEGINNING OF MAY)
EEA2 RC RECEIVED 25 JUNE 2010

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Gabriella2305 wrote:Hey everyone!
Congrats doesnotcompute!! I received my COA dated 8th Jan so hopefully mine will come soon, when I called HO last week they said it's being dealt with end of this month.
How do you find out who your local MP is and can you give me an idea of what you said to them? was it an email or posted letter?
Thanks guys
http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

but i don't think u can find anyone only ur ex-MP as the parliament is desolved ..

Vote for someone reasonable ..who is not anti-immigration ...

Gabriella2305

Post by Gabriella2305 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:07 pm

hunpak wrote:
Gabriella2305 wrote:Hey everyone!
Thanks guys
http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

but i don't think u can find anyone only ur ex-MP as the parliament is desolved ..

Vote for someone reasonable ..who is not anti-immigration ...
Thanks hunpack!!
APPLIED FOR EEA2 DEC 2009
RECEIVED COA DATED 8TH JAN 2010
CALLED HOME OFFICE 7 APRIL 2010 (HAS CASE NUMBER AND SAID IT SHOULD BE GETTING DEALT WITH END OF THIS MONTH/BEGINNING OF MAY)
EEA2 RC RECEIVED 25 JUNE 2010

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:15 pm

Can anyone please tell me if i will need any visa for Spain?
i am planning to visit Spain for few days?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Applied for EEA on 07 Dec 09
Got COA 17 Dec 09
Got RC on 7 April 10
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P&T

Post by P&T » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:41 am

hunpak wrote:Can anyone please tell me if i will need any visa for Spain?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Got COA 17 Dec 09
Got RC on 7 April 10
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey Hunpak
No you dont need a visa to go to Spain with your residence card. This is the proof of the info from the Spanish embassy in Manchester quoted:

Family members of an EU/EEA national that hold a valid UK residence permit are no longer required a visa to enter Spain .This must be documented on the residence permit as :"Residence card of a Family Member of an EEA National".This endorsement is compulsory for the visa to be exempted.In addition to this, you also must hold a valid passport and be traveling with the EU national or joining him/her in Spain.Otherwise, a visa will still be required.( Real Decreto 1161/2009, 10th July 2009).

For spouses and/or children of Spanish Nationals the above condition applies, providing that the marriage and/or birth is registered according with the Spanish CIvil Register ( original LIbro de Familia).

Advisory information to all foreign nationals intending to enter Spain.
Please, for information regarding requirements of entry into Spain for stays no exceeding ninety days in any six months period; visit the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation

Actualizado: 14/01/2010 13:54

Here is the link for your perusal http://www.maec.es/SUBWEBS/CONSULADOS/M ... ester.aspx

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:39 am

P&T wrote:
hunpak wrote:Can anyone please tell me if i will need any visa for Spain?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Got COA 17 Dec 09
Got RC on 7 April 10
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey Hunpak
No you dont need a visa to go to Spain with your residence card. This is the proof of the info from the Spanish embassy in Manchester quoted:

Family members of an EU/EEA national that hold a valid UK residence permit are no longer required a visa to enter Spain .This must be documented on the residence permit as :"Residence card of a Family Member of an EEA National".This endorsement is compulsory for the visa to be exempted.In addition to this, you also must hold a valid passport and be traveling with the EU national or joining him/her in Spain.Otherwise, a visa will still be required.( Real Decreto 1161/2009, 10th July 2009).

For spouses and/or children of Spanish Nationals the above condition applies, providing that the marriage and/or birth is registered according with the Spanish CIvil Register ( original LIbro de Familia).

Advisory information to all foreign nationals intending to enter Spain.
Please, for information regarding requirements of entry into Spain for stays no exceeding ninety days in any six months period; visit the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation

Actualizado: 14/01/2010 13:54

Here is the link for your perusal http://www.maec.es/SUBWEBS/CONSULADOS/M ... ester.aspx
Thanks P&T

Now i can plane for holiday on a cruise ....

:D