ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

deemi

Post by deemi » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:00 pm

Sherif the mrs applied in Lahore. I don't really expect anything until the end of april but there is always hope. And wishful thinking!!!

What I have done is ask my hr department to let me know when/if they get a request from the Eco confirming my employment as this would seem to be a good indicator that the file is being looked at. Apart from that there is not much else we can do!!
Done waiting!!!!

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:14 pm

Just thought to share this:

Hi,

My wife needs to submit a settlement visa application. I have printed off an application form already (in colour). Will it be ok for the printed form to be submitted?

Also is it possible to visit the centre (having made an appointment) and submit an application on the same day?

Regards

Dear ,

Thank you for your mail ! There is no problem, your wife can use coloured visa form and it's for your information that the submission of form alongwith Bio enrolment is also done same day, please.

We appreciate your understanding and trust in our services.

Kind regards,
Mirpur VAC Manager,
UK Visa Application Centre,
Gerry's International,
Mirpur, Azad Kashmir

Suhaib 786

Post by Suhaib 786 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:47 pm

[quote="deemi"]Sherif welcome to the wait!!!

Re the employment stuff - you would hope that the eco will ring your employer to confirm and also see your salary being paid into your bank account on a monthly/weekly basis. However there is no gaurentee that they will do this. If they do refuse like zak said you should be able to prove it easily even though you may end up with a delay.

With regards to timings - at the moment one month from application seems to be the norm however 3 months is the advised time.

And the status only changes twice from what I undersand. Once to forwarded to Islamabad oc on when the papers are sent and then application ready for collection (or something like that). It's a pain.

My wife only applied about 10 days ago and the wait is already doing my head in!!

Anyway hope this helps and good luck!![/quote

Hey folks... i applyed for my wifes settlement visa on the 3rd March like Zak here in this room and he mashallah has recieved a +ive result where i am still waiting..(5 weekz 2morow) and i applyed in islamabad the headquarterz... so join the que men!!

I hope everything is orite... mashallah my case is legit and solid but im still nervous as i know from many experiences they refuse u on REALLY REALLI daft things... and i mean the mony/ time / headache of not being with ur loved 1'z..... its not exactli a small decision but those plonkerz make decisionz mindlessly... and dnt respect the magnitude of the decisionz they make... lolz at cheking the traker... brother this is my 34th day of cheking every day..

hopefulli this way we can respect our wives more and have khadur 4 them inshallah.

hang in there brothers and Allah will reward the sabr!!
ameen#

Jameel17
Newly Registered

Post by Jameel17 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:35 pm

a random question to anyone who knows...

When a visa is granted, how long does the person have to leave the country? or how long can they stay there before flying over?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:01 pm

3 months from the start of the visa :D

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:30 pm

Suhaib 786 wrote:...

hopefulli this way we can respect our wives more and have khadur 4 them inshallah.

ameen#
JazakAllahu khairan for that reminder. Having gone through all the headache to get them here to only take them for granted or not treat them well is a travesty.

deemi

Post by deemi » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:06 pm

Salaam

anyone got any news today??
Done waiting!!!!

Suhaib 786

Post by Suhaib 786 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:34 pm

kaidee wrote:
Suhaib 786 wrote:...

ameen#
JazakAllahu khairan for that reminder. Having gone through all the headache to get them here to only take them for granted or not treat them well is a travesty.
yeh absolutli.. ALL brothers including ME - we must have that concern- that the position we are in now / and the thoughts we r going through -its tuff - but be aware and always remember this moment!! May it be a reminder and a lesson 4 us all!! Allah says be kind 2 ur wives..

the struggle we r in it is even worse for the women - as they want 2 come over and be with their partners... sadenz me when i hear about mistreatment as soon as the romance wearz off after a few monthz.

REMEMBER - DO NOT TAKE PRIDE FOR GRANTED IN GOOD TIMES OR HARD TIMES AS DEPRESSION - ALMIGHTY ALLAH TRIALS US THROUGH BOTH TIMES TO SEE HOW WE PREVAIL. SURELY HE ALONE GIVES BLESSINGS, AND HE ALONE CAN WITHHOLD THEM#

May Allah Guide us all and plan what is best 4 US..- 'OH ALLAH UR KNOWLEDGE IS BEST AND THE MOST SUPERIOR- U KNOW WHAT WE KNOW NOT - INSHALLAH I MAKE DUA MAY YOU DO WHAT IS BEST FOR US ALL'

Ameen.

p.s. No, im still waiting 5 weeks complete 2day.. il drop an email 2 them 2nite.. inshallah get bak 2 u folks on any update if i get it.

anelka
Newly Registered

Post by anelka » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:06 am

Jameel17 wrote:
17F4N wrote:
17F4N wrote:
t_a786 wrote:Hi,

Has any 1 got thier passports back after getting visa stamps recently? My hubby's pp been 5 weeks now and no response. My MP sent a letter lets see.

If anyone do get thier passports back please let us know.

Many thanks
Yes my wife got her passport back after 10 days.... and she is arriving tomorrow evening..

there was no involvement from MP or Solicitors.. it was just me chasing them...
Hi there, you need to email UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

Supply your spouse passport number, appeal reference number, name, date of birth and state who you are in the email. Equally email appeals.islamabad@fco.gov.uk with the same details above and stress the fact you have not heard anything....

good luck

Irf
I emailed the first address you provided late last night and this morning I got the following reply:

Thank you for your e-mail. Your wife's application has been decided as of 26/03/2010. You will be contacted in due course via the Visa Application Centre.

Thank you,
UK Visa Section - Pakistan
So did you get a call from Gerrys to collect your visa? Still waiting here and its almost been 4 weeks lol

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:49 am

hello brothers,

my wife also applied for her visa from Lahore on the 27th of Jan. There has been no update since. The case is straight forward, but it has been 10 weeks now and it has started bothering me. I have been asking ppl on the forum regularly

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=53539

Good Luck!
all is well that ends well

UKGuyLondon

Post by UKGuyLondon » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:10 pm

sky_blue wrote:
Zak_K wrote:
someperson49 wrote:
Went on the 31st with my wife to submit her application in Lahore.

A few things, firstly I had to wait outside for 4 hours and there was literally nowhere to sit, and because she wasnt allowed to take her phone in, you couldnt really go anywhere either. Seriously it was tough, Id advise taking a chair and a fan.

Also I had used treasury tags to keep the application together (due to the advice given here), but it was not accepted, my wife still had to take it all out.

Anyway now we just wait.

Also congratulations to Zak, well done bro.

4 hours!? Damn! My Mrs was in for like 30 mins and I was stressing. With regards to treasury tags did you by any chance put your documents in wallets before putting the tag through? I know of a handful of people who used this and it was never an issue.

Zak.

Bro are you telling us your wife applied in just 30 minutes in Pakitsan.
If you read this topic again you would find Lynnuk clearly said Vac would not allow Treasy Tags but you insisted and see a result a gentleman was misleading by your information.

Please dont mislead people.

I have to wait 3 to 4 hours in Vac to submit application and if somebody says 30 minutes it is a joke.

I have to step in here and say my fiancee submitted her fiancee settlement application at mirpur and she was in for about 30-40 minutes so it can be done. Her application was successful by the way.

ALSO, she used treasury tags and this was NO PROBLEM.
I too submitted my daughter's application personally at Karachi VAC in the 1st week of March and was done in about 45 mins.

I had booked the 1st appointment for 8 am before the rush sets in which worked for me. Of course, having a well organized application helps too 8)

17F4N
Newly Registered

Post by 17F4N » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:45 am

Shakeel101 wrote:
17F4N wrote:

Has any 1 got thier passports back after getting visa stamps recently? My hubby's pp been 5 weeks now and no response. My MP sent a letter lets see.

Many thanks
Yes my wife got her passport back after 10 days.... and she is arriving tomorrow evening..

How did you chase them?

who did you email, who did you telephone?
i sent them numerous emails (see previous pages of the addresses) and they eventually called my wife asking her to submit her passport to the gerry office.

17F4N
Newly Registered

Post by 17F4N » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:47 am

Jameel17 wrote:
17F4N wrote:
17F4N wrote:

Many thanks

Hi there, you need to email UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

Supply your spouse passport number, appeal reference number, name, date of birth and state who you are in the email. Equally email appeals.islamabad@fco.gov.uk with the same details above and stress the fact you have not heard anything....

good luck

Irf
I emailed the first address you provided late last night and this morning I got the following reply:

Thank you for your e-mail. Your wife's application has been decided as of 26/03/2010. You will be contacted in due course via the Visa Application Centre.

Thank you,
UK Visa Section - Pakistan
i received this response too and i still didnt receive any contact from them.. then i emailed appeals.islamabad@fco.gov.uk..

sraza
Newly Registered

spouse visa refused :(

Post by sraza » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:38 pm

hey all,
i wanted to know 2 things. firstly, i applied for a student dependent visa - it got refused. i would like to know how i should go about appealing since i have no idea. so any help would be greatly appreciated.
2nd thing is that after getting married, i changed my name on passport, but i still have a valid visit visa on my old passport. now the 2 passports are attached together. i want to know if i can still travel on that visa considering that my valid visa is on my maiden name. also will the refusal of student dependent visa have any effect on my visit visa? i really want to be with my husband.
i really need to know this as quickly as possible. hope to hear something soon.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:28 pm

Salaam all, heres a complete list of the documents I submitted:

Completed VAF4A form
SU07/01
Attested Declaration from myself
My Cover Letter
Photocopy of each page of my passport
Attested Birth Certificate
20 weeks payslips
Employers Letter
Holiday Authorisation Letter from Employer (when I went to lodge my application)
Bank statements dating back to when I first started employment (I highlighted all the deposits from my employer)
Letter regarding accomodation from parents
Photocopy of parents passports
Inspection Report from local council
Details of case re: third party accomodation (Mr Q Chaudary vs Mr L Tarlow, highlighting points 13, 14, 15) [http://syedssolicitors.com/Documents/AB ... 000018.pdf
Greeting cards and letters sent back and forth from my spouse
Attested letter from Mufti regarding nikah
Letter stating that a union council stamp is not required (from the Cheif
Original Nikah Nama
Translated Nikha Nama
Officer of the Muncipal Comittee)
Land registery documents
Proof of the money I sent to my wife
Certificated Copy of my Mrs Pakistani Nadra Card
Itemised billing from the UK
Printouts of calling cards purchased online
Proof of me topping up my wifes phone
Itemised billing from my Mrs

Zak.

salman7777
Newly Registered

Post by salman7777 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:06 pm

Hi,
I have a few questions which will require some responses from the learned members:
1- Is there a reference to a documentation that requires the applicant's birth certificate to be submitted? I have't seen this requirement on BIA website or on the form itself.
2 - Some posts mention about the union council stamp on the original nikah nama. I have seen one stamp on the nikah nama which reads "Seal of the Nikah Registrar" and also included ward number, unicon council name. Is it the one we need or there is another one?

3 - Who is expected to attest the translated version of the Nikah Nama? e.g. Notary public.

4. What's the latest turnaround time for the spouse applications (wife of british citizen or settled persons in the UK)?

5. Also, do we really need to send the NADRA ID card of the applicant?

6. Is there a validity period of the TB screening certificate?

7. If someone has been married for just a month or so, then there may not be a proof of regular contact as both are not living apart from each other. Is that OK?

Thanks

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:28 pm

salman7777 wrote:Hi,
I have a few questions which will require some responses from the learned members:
1- Is there a reference to a documentation that requires the applicant's birth certificate to be submitted? I have't seen this requirement on BIA website or on the form itself.
2 - Some posts mention about the union council stamp on the original nikah nama. I have seen one stamp on the nikah nama which reads "Seal of the Nikah Registrar" and also included ward number, unicon council name. Is it the one we need or there is another one?

3 - Who is expected to attest the translated version of the Nikah Nama? e.g. Notary public.

4. What's the latest turnaround time for the spouse applications (wife of british citizen or settled persons in the UK)?

5. Also, do we really need to send the NADRA ID card of the applicant?

6. Is there a validity period of the TB screening certificate?

7. If someone has been married for just a month or so, then there may not be a proof of regular contact as both are not living apart from each other. Is that OK?

Thanks
Below are the replies based on my own knowledge and some advice from
Batley khan 8)

1.No need to send applicant's birth certificate the passport of the applicant would suffice.

2.well am not sure about this union council stamp stuff myself so hopefully Batley khan could sort out this bit :)

3.Yes notary public would attest the english translation of the nikkah nama,any lawyer in pakistan in local courts would be able to do it. :wink:

4.http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

5.Applicant must have a NADRA ID card otherwise would not be allowed to enter the VAC on the day of appointment.

6.yes TB test screening certificates are valid for 6 months only.

7.Well Batley khan could shed some light on this particular query 8)

hope that helps.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:32 pm

Below is the link for current processing times.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:26 am

2.well am not sure about this union council stamp stuff

hi just got married in Pakistan and took my nikah namah to Foreign Affair office inorder to have it tested which is then recognised by the British Home Office.

From the 27th February 2010 in Pakistan the Nikah Namah will only be accepted in Urdu or translated version in English once tested by the local union council where your Nikah was registered by the imam Reading your nikah.

So my advice is find out from the imam which union council office he registered your nikah namah and they will provide you a copy of page 1 to your nikah namah and stamp it for you.

For more info or contact details visit

http://www.mofa.gov.pk/

For more information you can call the foreign affair in Pakistan yourself.

salman7777
Newly Registered

Post by salman7777 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:03 am

Thanks guys for your replies. The processing times link below does not work.
Few remaining points:

1. I understood your point about the applicants NADRA CNIC. It seems that it's just required for application submission at the VAC. There is no need to enclose the ID card with the application.

2. ls200 - Is there a reference to the requirement you quoted (from february 2010....)? What does your union council stamp read? Is it the same stamp that reads "Seal of Nikah registrar". Please confirm my understanding:
a) the translated version of nikah nama should be only attested by the Notary Public.
b) The original nikah should have the stamp of the nikah registar plus a union council stamp followed by an attestation from the MOFA office. The MOFA website also mentions that "The Nikha Nama of an individual should be attested by Magistrate 1st Class of his / her native township or Class- I Officer" . How many stamps do I need on a Nikah Nama?? Its confusing :-). Is this MOFA/union council requirement documented somewhere on the VAC website or on the Home office documentation?

c) Both orinal Nikah Nama and translated versions should be submitted.

Pls let me know your thoughts

3. I understand that application must include house capacity report from the council. It is also mentioned on some previous posts that a tenancy agrement should be valid for at least 6 month at the time of application. Do you guys know about the authenticity of this 6 month requirement? Normally Assure shorthold tenancy agreements are for 6 months, it's difficult to sign another before the existing contract lapses.

4. As for the financial evidence, is it possible just to show that sufficient funds are available in the bank account , to support myself and my spouse, especially if there is no job at the moment. Any successful experience from the past?

I hope I am not being pedantic but it will help all of us, or at least myself, to understand what the actual documented requirements are for the application.

Many thanks,

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:38 am

The processing times link below does not work.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk

(Hint: Right click the link and open it new tab)

look for guide for processing times at the above mentioned website. :)
4. As for the financial evidence, is it possible just to show that sufficient funds are available in the bank account , to support myself and my spouse, especially if there is no job at the moment. Any successful experience from the past?
well i am afraid that a sponsor without an empolyment always struggles to satisfy the ECO to pass the financial test and only savings without the evidence of regular income coming in your bank account does not fullfill the maintenance requirements.

well as far as stamps on the nikkah nama are concerned i am confused myself after reading the above post :?

My understanding is that there should be an imam(person who carried out your nikkah) stamp plus the union council stamp is a must on your original urdu nikkah nama and english translation could be easily attested by any wakeel(lawyer) in the local kutchery(court).
c) Both orinal Nikah Nama and translated versions should be submitted.

If you mean that with your application then yes both of them must be submitted but i dont know to provide the urdu one and english translation to ministry of foreign affairs.

I am not sure about the ministry of foreign affairs stamp plus the magistrate's stamp hopefully 8) Batley khan would solve this puzzle

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:28 pm

I am not sure about the ministry of foreign affairs stamp plus the magistrate's stamp hopefully Cool Batley khan would solve this puzzle
There is no no need to get anything signed by any departmental office in Pakistan.

The original nikkah namah( in Urdu) should have the seal of the Union Council on it.

If you look somewhere on the internet you will be able to come across an English version of the nikkah nammah. All you do is to tranfer the information from the Urdu one (like Name of union Council, tehsil, name and age of bridegroom, date and place of wedding, the witnesses, person performing nikkah, mehr etc) onto teh English one.

There is no need for the signature of witnesses, just write their names. There is no need to stamp the English one from the Union Council ( again just write the name.

Once you have done, then get the person who translated it for you to put something like " Certified to be a true translation of the nikkah nammah of ( names of bride/bridegroom).

He then needs to sign it and, if he is a proffesional person and had a stamp, get him to stamp it. That should be enough.

If anybody wants to have it done in the UK.I know someone who will do it for £20, just pm me. The ones done in UK tend to more reliable as the person who does translation will put down exactly whats on there, whereas in Pakistan, you could get people put down what you want them instead of whats actually on the document.

All the ECO wants is to see an English translation of the nikkah nammah as part of his evidence to determine the application.

Hope this helps

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:31 pm

Salaam all. Just thought I'd give you a solution for the folks who don't use itemised billing.

O2 have an offer on at the moment (although it is a trial, so grab it while you can) which will let you make Unlimited (although everyone knows it won't exactly be truely unlimited) International calls to one number for £5/month. This is available for both PayG and Pay Monthly tariffs.

So go on, throw them phone cards in the bin :P

http://iff.o2.co.uk/default.aspx

Zak.

deemi

Post by deemi » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi batley

Quick question - from memory my translated nikah Nama wasn't signed by the notary that did it in Pakistan but he did stamp it. Do u think this will be a problem?? Reading your last post has me a bit worried!!!
Done waiting!!!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:08 pm

deemi wrote:Hi batley

Quick question - from memory my translated nikah Nama wasn't signed by the notary that did it in Pakistan but he did stamp it. Do u think this will be a problem?? Reading your last post has me a bit worried!!!
Its needs to be certified as a true translation, therefore it is important the name of the person who translated it, his name should be on it ( and not just the stamp).

It is reasons such as yours that makes the ECO suspicious as to whether the translation is true or not, if the person who translated it, hasnt even bothered to put his name on it.

So I would say yes, you may have a problem with it. :(