ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 Creative & Sporting Question(s)

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

entertainer
Newly Registered

Tier 5 Creative & Sporting Question(s)

Post by entertainer » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:32 pm

I will soon be issuing Tier 5 CoS for a number of non-EU entertainers for a four month theatre show in the UK... what I'm unsure of is how to apply for VISA's on their behalf?

Is this something I can do from within the UK or is the onus on the entertainers themselves to apply for their VISA's? If so, will the application have to go to the British Embassy's in their respective countries?

Thanks for any guidance! :)

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:19 pm

the group must apply for their own visas - you can't do that for them. You need to supply them with at least the summary of the CoS (or pref the full 3-page screenshots of each CoS). They apply for the visas pref in their country of residence. They need to do online forms plus a printed Appendix 6 form. They need to give biometrics (fingerprint and digtal photo). They apply via a Visa Application Centre (the consulates keep every applicant at arm's length nowadays). Can take from a few days to a few weeks, depending on country etc.

entertainer
Newly Registered

Post by entertainer » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:20 pm

Thankyou for your informative answer :D

As I understand it, they are receiving a Tier 5 Certificate of Sponsorship and applying with the VAF9 and appendix 6 form, doing the online form, biometrics etc... yet I keep stumbling upon references to a "Letter of Invitation" from the sponsor... what is this? I thought it went extinct with the old work permit system?

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:28 am

It is not mandatory. If you tick the box about maintenance funds on the CoS and you are an A-rated sponsor you are not obliged to send a letter.