ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

valsad
India

got BC

Post by valsad » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi all,

This forum has helped me to find answers some of my questions and would like to share my timelines as below.

NCS or Postal: NCS Oldham
Date of submission : 01 March 2010
Received at HO: 02/03/10
CRITERIA - 5 YR HSMP + 1 YR ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 07 March 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 05 March 2010
Date of receipt of approval: 8/4/10 dated 29/3/10
Date of Ceremony: 12/5/10
Date of appln. for passport: not there yet.
Method used:
Date of Receipt:

just waiting to go for ceremony and then apply for passport, though forking out money still not yet finished as yet to cancle all 3 indian passports and go for OCI. Just keep spending.... Jay Hooo....

navnas

Post by navnas » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:57 pm

Eskar wrote:the guy said it may take 4 working days to receive the passport as they may need to do some extra checking but i got the passport witin 2 days after interview.
navnas wrote:
did they told you after the interview that urs passport will be issued or did they told you some thing else like wait etc??
thanks Eskar ... i also had my interview yesterday and the guy at the end told me that i should hear from them in 4 days and i don't in 10 days then call the advice line ...

fingers crossed !

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:43 pm

navnas wrote:
Eskar wrote:the guy said it may take 4 working days to receive the passport as they may need to do some extra checking but i got the passport witin 2 days after interview.
navnas wrote:
did they told you after the interview that urs passport will be issued or did they told you some thing else like wait etc??
thanks Eskar ... i also had my interview yesterday and the guy at the end told me that i should hear from them in 4 days and i don't in 10 days then call the advice line ...

fingers crossed !
I had mine today and it took me less than 10mins. Told that I must receive my passport with in 4 to 5 working days.

yarons

Post by yarons » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:14 pm

eliasuk4u wrote:
navnas wrote:
navnas wrote:

fingers crossed !
I had mine today and it took me less than 10mins. Told that I must receive my passport with in 4 to 5 working days.
Good news! Were the questions what you expected?

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:03 pm

yarons wrote:
eliasuk4u wrote:
navnas wrote:

fingers crossed !
Absolutely yes, its almost like some one checking your passport application form you filled by asking you what you have filled already plus few financial and other details such as how did you apply, what was the date of your naturalisation ceremony etc.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:02 pm

eliasuk4u wrote:
yarons wrote:
eliasuk4u wrote:
navnas wrote:

fingers crossed !
Absolutely yes, its almost like some one checking your passport application form you filled by asking you what you have filled already plus few financial and other details such as how did you apply, what was the date of your naturalisation ceremony etc.
Which is how the fraudsters got real passports.
Checking what you put on the form, doesn't prevent ID fraud.

glowbeg2
Newly Registered

help

Post by glowbeg2 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:08 am

Hi guys i need your opinion please......

I am pakistani born - came to the UK with Indefinte to Enter since 2002 have been livin here in uk and i have visited serveral schengen countries by taking tourist visas on 3 different occasions from- italy,germany,spain
just December 2009 i was refused TRV to canada and i havnt been happy ever since, reason for my refusal was as general as most peoples are: ''''''You have not satisfied me that you meet the requirement of regulation 179, that you would leave canada at the end of the temporary period if you were authorized to stay. In reaching this decision I considered your ties to your country of residence / citizenship balanced against factors whoch might motivate you to stay in canada '''''

i have been in college and currently in uni, have been livin here with my parents both british b4 i came to england
In my TRV i submitted all relevant docs - and i mean all relevant docs for myself and my parents mortages and so on - buh ooh well was refused!!!

Main Question is Since refusal In December 2009, i have naturalised and now have my british passport. Now i want to visit canada for 2weeks on my new British passport

Do i need to apply for a TRV visa since i have been refused b4??
Do i need a visa at all?
Will i get trouble if i travel to canada with my new British passport?? since i was previously refued in my paki passports???

Any info will be greatly appreciated guys

thanks

jes2jes wrote:I am very sorry to hear of all your visa refusal and rejections by CIC London. I do not think there is any prejudice going on in issuing visa's to particular nationalities (I may be wrong :oops: )

I have visited Canada for more than 5-6 times whilst on Student visa in the UK and had no problems getting a visa at anytime. I did not even send invitation letters just emails and bank statements and I wasn't married then.

The important factors to look for which are very important are:

- Your social ties in the UK (Family, property, money, work etc)
- Your travel history. Before I came to the UK, I had travelled to alot of places in Europe and the America's. There was nothing to show I would not come back when I go to Canada.

What you should note is that, if you are single and do not have any strong ties in the UK and do not have any strong links in your home country, there is no reason you would return from Canada (in the mind of the officer) because your property can be sold in your absence etc

After getting married a couple of years back, I have successfully visited CND so many times with my wife without any issues. We still have unexpired visas for Canada I believe.

My advise, take a couple of trips to the Shengen states for the next two or three months and also get a US visa if you can (it helps a tremendous deal). Re-apply with all the supporting documents and you would be amazed at the results.

All the best. This is just my two cents.

Regards
Jes

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:09 am

republique wrote:
eliasuk4u wrote:
yarons wrote:
eliasuk4u wrote:
Which is how the fraudsters got real passports.
Checking what you put on the form, doesn't prevent ID fraud.
The Officer who interviewed me also had my picture of mine which I submitted with my application on her screen which obviously matched my face. Thats probably the reason why first time applicants are called for the interview (face to face), just to verify the photo in person which MAY put off the fradusters from getting the real passport using original ID's. Which in turn MAY prevent ID frauds.

krimith

timeline after submi

Post by krimith » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:48 pm

hi, i apply nationality via solicitor from 1st april still i dont recevied any information from ho, i read some post in this forum they recevied akn letter within 7 days but i dont recevied anything can anybody tell me same situation like me?

droogish
Newly Registered

Re: timeline after submi

Post by droogish » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:10 pm

krimith wrote:hi, i apply nationality via solicitor from 1st april still i dont recevied any information from ho, i read some post in this forum they recevied akn letter within 7 days but i dont recevied anything can anybody tell me same situation like me?
Have a look if your account has been charged the £720 admin fee.

I received a letter from the UKBA confirming they had received my application a couple of days after the money left my account.

If they haven't charged you - confirm with your solicitor the application has been submitted. UKBA are generally pretty quick at taking the £720 fee.

If they have charged you - wait a couple of days and maybe give the UKBA a call if they haven't received a letter yet.

krimith

Post by krimith » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:54 pm

i checked they dont took money from my account £850 bec its joint app.and i ask my soli. he said he send it sp delivery recp. and yes 1st april after four days easter holiday this effect my application but money they take very quickly now days i read this forum so why not my one? and anybody know if we diid mistake in form and put white ink then again we write is it ok or not bec i did two mistake and my solic change it with white ink thats effect for application? plz someone give ans asap

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:37 pm

You're not the only one ... we applied at NCS on the 31st March - haven't had an ACK or payment taken yet.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Having said that ... I've just rechecked our credit card, and where it wasn't showing this morning, it is now showing - dated 09/04.

krimith

Post by krimith » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:05 pm

my account i checked online two times today but still not debit any money

glowbeg2
Newly Registered

Post by glowbeg2 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi guys i need your opinion please......

I am pakistani born - came to the UK with Indefinte to Enter since 2002 have been livin here in uk and i have visited serveral schengen countries by taking tourist visas on 3 different occasions from- italy,germany,spain
just December 2009 i was refused TRV to canada and i havnt been happy ever since, reason for my refusal was as general as most peoples are: ''''''You have not satisfied me that you meet the requirement of regulation 179, that you would leave canada at the end of the temporary period if you were authorized to stay. In reaching this decision I considered your ties to your country of residence / citizenship balanced against factors whoch might motivate you to stay in canada '''''

i have been in college and currently in uni, have been livin here with my parents both british b4 i came to england
In my TRV i submitted all relevant docs - and i mean all relevant docs for myself and my parents mortages and so on - buh ooh well was refused!!!

Main Question is Since refusal In December 2009, i have naturalised and now have my british passport. Now i want to visit canada for 2weeks on my new British passport

Do i need a visa at all?
Will i get trouble if i travel to canada with my new British passport?? since i was previously refued in my paki passports???

thanks

shekel

Post by shekel » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:04 am

Hi all,

I would like to share my timeline:

NCS or Postal: Postal
Date of submission : 19/3/2010
Received at HO: 22/03/10
CRITERIA - 6 YR HSMP + 1 YR ILR (backdated)
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 24/3/2010

Acknowledgment claimed that they couldn't charge my credit card and I have to resubmit payment within two weeks, which I did. They got my new payment form on 31/3/2010

Date of debit of debit/credit card: 7/4/2010
Date of receipt of approval: Pending..brrr nervous :)

Cheers,
I

krimith

Post by krimith » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:17 am

maybe march and april month application they take too long time so many thread i read in this forum some of payment they dont take and some of they sending back again payment slip

shekel

Post by shekel » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:57 am

krimith wrote:maybe march and april month application they take too long time so many thread i read in this forum some of payment they dont take and some of they sending back again payment slip
And my payment details were 100% correct! They just mistyped the 3 back digits of my credit card (verified that with the bank). Unbelievable! Smile

But the second payment slip went through

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:44 pm

I submitted my application on 18th March and received acknowledgement on 25, money being taken out on 23rd March.

I called today to get update on my application and I was told that my application has not been considered yet. Anybody know what does it mean? is that in initial checking phase or something else

krimith

Post by krimith » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:30 pm

ziqbal,they never tell true may be within one week you get letter of approval

shekel

Post by shekel » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:39 pm

I submitted my driving license instead of passport, since i needed my passport to travel. Also its a new passport, and i dont have the old ones. How will they confirm absences and date of first entry and if i was present in the uk 5 years ago? If ab senses confirmed for ILR will they only check the last year?

thanks

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:14 pm

ziqbal_2000 wrote:I submitted my application on 18th March and received acknowledgement on 25, money being taken out on 23rd March.

I called today to get update on my application and I was told that my application has not been considered yet. Anybody know what does it mean? is that in initial checking phase or something else
There appears to be 2 stages, initial checking and then allocation to caseworker. Ask them next time you ring if your application is now with a case worker or still awaiting allocation. If none of these, it is likely that it is still under initial checking.

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:18 pm

shekel wrote:I submitted my driving license instead of passport, since i needed my passport to travel. Also its a new passport, and i dont have the old ones. How will they confirm absences and date of first entry and if i was present in the uk 5 years ago? If ab senses confirmed for ILR will they only check the last year?

thanks
I believe that they might need your passport (or old passports) to show proof of ILR unless you've sent them other documentation to show this? If you had to travel, it would have been best to go through NCS as they take a copy of your passport instead of sending it off. I only sent my driving license as I had to because it is the ID I used to prove who I was when taking the Like in the UK Test.

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:20 pm

glowbeg2 wrote:Hi guys i need your opinion please......

Do i need a visa at all?

thanks
Don't really know the answer to this but you might have more luck posting it as an individual thread in the Canada immigration forum on this site?

kindley

Post by kindley » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:16 pm

shekel wrote:I submitted my driving license instead of passport, since i needed my passport to travel. Also its a new passport, and i dont have the old ones. How will they confirm absences and date of first entry and if i was present in the uk 5 years ago? If ab senses confirmed for ILR will they only check the last year?

thanks
I think they need your passport to check entry and exit records.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)