ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Born Baby - VISA stamping.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lolfine

Post by lolfine » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:34 pm

John wrote:temo, I shall let others comment about the time aspect you ask about, but as regards how to fill in the visa application form, fill it in as if the baby was personally completing the form! The only exception is that the parent should sign the declaration, using their ordinary signature.

But given that you are new here, welcome, in the topic, have you read it from start to finish? And also clicked on the links it contains? Lots of guidance there.

Question .... do you really need to apply for a visa at all, at this time? When are you next due to apply for a visa for yourself?
Hi All,

I need to apply for our new born baby Visa in UK and i am on Tier 2 can any one please answer the following questions.

1. What documents should I send along with Visa Application form FLR (O)?
2. Did I have to maintain funds (maintenance Fund for 3 months) if yes should it be only for new born baby or I have to show for my self + my Wife and new born baby ?

I will be looking forward for the answers.

Thanks.

John

Post by John » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:30 pm

I need to apply for our new born baby Visa in UK
Are you sure you need to? That is, when are you next due to apply for a visa for yourself? And are you intending that the baby leaves the UK before that date, or rather re-enters the UK before that date?

I ask because, for example, if you are due to apply for say ILR in a few months time, and the baby will not leave the UK before then, then don't apply for a visa for the baby now, but instead just include him/her in the application you make.
John

lolfine

Post by lolfine » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:37 pm

John wrote:
I need to apply for our new born baby Visa in UK
Are you sure you need to? That is, when are you next due to apply for a visa for yourself? And are you intending that the baby leaves the UK before that date, or rather re-enters the UK before that date?

I ask because, for example, if you are due to apply for say ILR in a few months time, and the baby will not leave the UK before then, then don't apply for a visa for the baby now, but instead just include him/her in the application you make.
Thanks for the answer John,

i am on Tier 2 first 3 years will run out in Oct 2012 ILR is long way to go also i am planning to travel in coming 3 to 4 month.

Regards,
WA

ahadomer
Newly Registered

i need urgent help for my new born baby tier 1 visa

Post by ahadomer » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:12 pm

im on tier 1 visa i had baby on feb 2010 i need to have his visa stamped with tier 1 visa as well .i want to go in person to get the passport stamped.i need some answers?
1.which form i need to fill out
2.what other documents i need to take?
3.do i need to take his photos as well
4.how is the fees if i apply in person?
5.do i need to take appointment with only my baby name or mine as well

im waiting for some1 to help asap
thanks

liljack
Newly Registered

Post by liljack » Wed May 12, 2010 10:30 am

Hi.
My son was born in the UK 2009 but has an australian visa and australian citizen as at the time of birth his dads name (who is english) was not on his birth certificate. I am also on a work permit as you are.
The easiest for me was to apply for entry clearance when in your own country. As this is all your baby needs. They do now need the same visa status as you. An entry clearance visa will allow them to stay in the country for the same period in which you have left on your work permit.
I called the British Embassy regarding this matter and they said i had to do it before leaving the UK and where going to charge me over £400 to do it. They told me I had to use the same form you are talking about but this is not the case. YOU ONLY NEED AND ENTRY CLEARANCE VISA. Look into this for India.
Hope you get it sorted.
Lisa

jesal
Newly Registered

Apply for UK visa or not

Post by jesal » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:38 am

Hi,

I am in UK, in Tier 1 under the points based system, my visa is till September 2011. My child was born in May 2010, and I have applied/received Indian passport.

As per current rules, my PR (Permanent Residentship which can be taken after 5 years) is due in June 2011.

As I do not intend to travel outside UK till my PR is done do I need to apply for my child's UK visa under PBS Dependant application.

Is it possible, that I do not apply for UK visa now and when I apply for my PR, I include my child in the application without any hassles?

Request you to let me know.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:54 am

vinny wrote:If born in the UK, then see also need for a dependent visa?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:33 pm

Were you stopped because the baby didn't have a visa or that the visa was issued in Pakistan?
sywahu wrote:DEFINITELY get the children's passports stamped with the visa in the UK. I was in the exact same position as you a few years ago and had the exact same problem i.e. On workpermit, children born in UK , only had passports for them, no dependent visa stamped.

Going was easy. But were stopped on trying to return to the UK. We just had to apply for their dependent visa in Pakistan.

Its easier to get it all sorted while you are all here in the UK in my opinion.

Cheers.

Sy