ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum seeker back with spouse visa next day

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

John

Post by John » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:27 pm

Well the goalposts are going to move ... as said before Parliament is discussing new legislation .... but it is not clear when the goalposts will move.

However the latest indication is that those already holding ILR when the change is made will be allowed to apply for Naturalisation under the current rules, for about 12-18 months after the change is introduced. So it looks like you will be OK to apply on say Thursday 28.01.10. As always, submitting the application using NCS is highly recommended.
John

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:22 pm

Just wondering why immigration officer always ask the same question every time I arrive at UK ports. They always ask whether I was denied entry before in to UK? then I had to explain him/her all the history that I was denied in country application because I was an asylum seeker and had to go back home and apply for entry clearance. After this explanation the officer goes Ooooh I see! Then promise to update the file on UKBA system but again they ask the same question. Why is this? I hold an ILR and again I was asked the same question last week.
Any suggestion to solve this irritating question from Immigration officer??

abidjan1

Post by abidjan1 » Thu May 28, 2009 1:09 pm

hi eliasuk4u

read your story and i think you might advice me.
as you were as a failed asylum seeker was it difficult for you to leave the country ?
thank you

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:26 am

as a failed asylum seeker was it difficult for you to leave the country ?
No. It was not difficult at all. I had my passport with me and I had no problem getting out of UK via Heathrow airport. Airlines did not check for my visa as I had my country passport and obviously I do not need a visa. They were not interested in UK visa as I was leaving the country. There were no immigration when getting out of the country. I am not sure how it works now as I left the country couple of years ago. Hope this helps

ibrahim100
Newly Registered

Post by ibrahim100 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:38 am

Hello every one , I was a failed asylum seeker in UK, got married to a British citizen in 2003. I applied for further leave to remain in UK but failed. After 3 years waiting time and numerous letters to Home office through my local MP I was told to return to my home country an apply for spouse visa.

I applied for my spouse visa and succeed in getting visa after three months of waiting back home with out an interview.

Good luck

zomumsy
Newly Registered

Post by zomumsy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:23 pm

hi would just like some advice
my partner is a failed asylum seeker we have a 9 month old daughter. wer just starting the process of applying for article 8 but i'm not very hopeful after hearing other cases. not sure it we should just give in and my partner to apply for spousal visa from his country. my main worry is that we wont be able to get back. he has no passport, no bank accounts. and i'm not working at the moment through all the stress. any advice would be great! Zoe

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:35 am

Zoe, While I understand your frusturation, Its not good to hijack others thread. Its best you post your own thread so that you will get a response quickly.

I will also help if you could give more details in your post.

Goodluck

zomumsy
Newly Registered

Post by zomumsy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:24 pm

well i definately was not meaning to "hijack" anyone's thread, was simply looking for advice and the people on this thread seemed to know what they were talking about. i have just joined this site so was just seeking help wer i thought i could.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

An update

Post by eliasuk4u » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi all,
Just an update of my journey to become a British Citizen. I got an appointment at our local NCS at registery office on 3rd Feb. Hopefully once sending the documents its just the matter of waiting I guess.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:29 pm

Submitted my documents at my local register officer (NCS). Everything is fine and was informed a wait of approx 4 weeks to receive an acknowledgement letter from HO and the whole process shouldn't take more than 6 to 8 weeks in total. Will update as soon as things change.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:32 am

eliasuk4u wrote:Submitted my documents at my local register officer (NCS). Everything is fine and was informed a wait of approx 4 weeks to receive an acknowledgement letter from HO and the whole process shouldn't take more than 6 to 8 weeks in total. Will update as soon as things change.
A great story.
Everybody who overstays should take note

Congratulations! :D

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

British Citizenship Approved.

Post by eliasuk4u » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:41 am

Received my British Citizenship Invitation today (Approval letter). Applied on 3rd Feb 2010 and received approval letter today (15th March 2010) which is dated 06th March (Seems HO staff's are working on Saturday too).
It took 5 weeks, fastest processing time by HO ever!
Now the final stages are to attend the ceremony and apply for a new, flashy, bio-metric British Passort :D

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:59 pm

An update:

NCS or Postal : NCS
Date of submission or posting : Feb 03, 2010
CRITERIA - Married to British, 3 years
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 09/02/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 11/02/2010 (Dated 08/02/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 15/03/2010 (Dated 06/03/2010)
Date of Ceremony : 20/03/2010
Date of appln. for passport : 22/03/2010
Method used : Check and send (at Passport Office)
Date of Documents returned: 08/10/2010
Date of Interview : 10/04/2010
Passport received : 15/04/2010

Completed my journey today and became British citizen and holder of British passport.