ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working UK without Primary applicant - Dependent VISA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

karpu

Working UK without Primary applicant - Dependent VISA

Post by karpu » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:27 am

Hi Team,

I just want to clarify one small point regarding my Tier 1 General Migrant DEPENDENT visa. We applied for Tier 1 Visa on 1st Feb 2010. We got visa stamped on 19th Feb 2010 from Chennai - India. Our visa is valid from 27th April 2010.

We both are working as Software professionals in different organizations in India.

In my organization I have got an opportunity to go to UK for executing a project. As of my knowledge before travelling dependent applicant primary applicant should make minimum one entry to UK or both can travel together.

Now my doubt is if I want to make a travel my wife needs to be accompanied me as she is the primary applicant and I am dependent. Please clarify this is correct or not.

Another question is if she want to comeback to India then do I also need to comeback or can I continue my work there. Please clarify this is correct or not

I just want to check that once the entry made by primary applicant dependent can go and work there in UK without primary applicant present in UK. Please clarify this is correct or not

Why I am asking this question is we both are working in different organizations and we may need to travel independently sometimes to different client locations.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:07 pm

The purpse of Tier 1 visa for the Tier 1 migrant to live and work in the UK. If you plan to use Tier 1 visa to travel to UK and back on fixed-term project assignments for your Indian employer, then it will be (IMHO) considered as an abuse of the system / violation of UK immigration laws.

Also, it is expected that the Tier 1 migrant lives and works in UK (barring absences due to overseas work assignments / holidays) for the Tier 1 dependent to maintain his/her immigration status (as a dependent) to be able to continue living & working in the UK.

regards

karpu

Post by karpu » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:15 am

I absolutely agree with your point and view but initially it will take some time for both of us to settle there in UK. And the most important things is that getting the job. We are not going to continue in Indian company for a long time but for searching a job we need some potential that’s why I am asking where we can go by this approach or not. I want to continue like this max of 4 to 6 months then if I get a good job my wife leaver her job in India and she will join me in UK. Hope you got my point.