ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which party to vote for?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:46 pm

BLK235 wrote:Do these 50,000 include EU migrants?

If so I wonder how would they work out number of EU migrants settling in? Don't think many EU folks bother applying for Permanent Residence card as it's just a confirmation of their status. Their non-EU family members will certainly apply.
Nah, EU folks have complete freedom of movement - we are all EU citizens. Except some countries have raised employment restrictions ie UK with Bulgarians and Romanians.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

pyke

Post by pyke » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:22 pm

SBT_Owner wrote: Labour have totally run the country into the ground . Schools are under funded , the NHS has fallen apart heck even roads are not getting repaired , and i have not mentioned the war in Iraq ....... They are a bunch of clowns and their planned national insurance rise is going to cost a great many jobs and will no doubt fold many small companies .

Brown and his gang are clueless . The damage they have done will not be fixed instantly though , i think it will take 10 years or so (that is if Conservatives win the election) . If Labour get 4 more years i really do fear for the future .
Conversely, the public spending cuts that are advocated by the Conservatives could do further damage to the fragile economy and affect public services.

Leading economists have come out in support of Brown's economic policies.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/electio ... Brown.html

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/98e731b8-48ee ... ab49a.html

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:25 pm

you can always finds experts for and experts against the same ideas

even in this forum you will find supporters of Article 8 and those who oppose Article 8

WORDS MEAN NOTHING

foxy

Post by foxy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:28 am

rg1 wrote:
So that means not all people qualified for ILR will be able to settle.
:x
If you have ILR, you're already settled. That's what I understand from that stamp in my passport anyway.