ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

had ENOUGH of waiting for Certificate of Approval (CoA)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ld10

Post by ld10 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:50 pm

News anyone?someone posted in next topic that he applyed for COA in july and it was granted november 2009.How come?
its like lottery!!!

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:55 pm

ld10 wrote:News anyone?someone posted in next topic that he applyed for COA in july and it was granted november 2009.How come?
its like lottery!!!

Hi Id10
Still waiting!I dont know when!Every day i checked my mailbox!
Maganzo

katiepop

Post by katiepop » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:04 pm

I've been waiting since July 09 as well. I got a reply from HO via my MP at the end of Feb. It said my partners situaton is complex so it will take longer to decide. I'm not holding out much hope for this COA. :(

ld10

Post by ld10 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:10 pm

katiepop wrote:I've been waiting since July 09 as well. I got a reply from HO via my MP at the end of Feb. It said my partners situaton is complex so it will take longer to decide. I'm not holding out much hope for this COA. :(
I guess we all who is waiting got comlex situations,maybe they looking in any details which they can refuse.

kimuk30
Newly Registered

Post by kimuk30 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:22 pm

Hi Guys,

Applied on July 09, still waiting, after at least three reminders from my lawyer , last week they sent letter to my lawyer asking for affidavit , some pictures for me and my fiancee, latest bills even if i sent them before and i did sent some documents from hospital bcs my missus is 6 month pregnant.

Hopefully will make it easy for us and receive finaly this blooddy piece of paper lol

ld10

Post by ld10 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:51 am

kimuk30 wrote:Hi Guys,

Applied on July 09, still waiting, after at least three reminders from my lawyer , last week they sent letter to my lawyer asking for affidavit , some pictures for me and my fiancee, latest bills even if i sent them before and i did sent some documents from hospital bcs my missus is 6 month pregnant.

Hopefully will make it easy for us and receive finaly this blooddy piece of paper lol
Did you send affidavit before as well?they asked me to send all this documents 2 or 3 weeks after applying,which i did.Why they asking again you to do it after such a long time?maybe they lost it backlog is endless.

kimuk30
Newly Registered

Post by kimuk30 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:33 pm

No, they asked before only to send some documents that i already did last september , its the first time they asked me for the affidavit and they asked me to send within 1 week which i did.

ld10 wrote:

Did you send affidavit before as well?they asked me to send all this documents 2 or 3 weeks after applying,which i did.Why they asking again you to do it after such a long time?maybe they lost it backlog is endless.

ld10

Post by ld10 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:43 pm

kimuk30 wrote:No, they asked before only to send some documents that i already did last september , its the first time they asked me for the affidavit and they asked me to send within 1 week which i did.

ld10 wrote:

Usually they asking for affidavits in few weeks after applying,strange in your case,maybe they missed or forget and just now began to work on your application,anyway its house of wonders,every day something new.

katiepop

Post by katiepop » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:29 am

Just to let you all know......I got the COA today!!!!!!! I'm so happy, has been a long wait since last July. I really hope everyone else gets it soon, the waiting was killing me x

leoo
Newly Registered

Post by leoo » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:05 am

Has any1 applied for it late Mar ???

Wonder if they still have that BACKLOG

Congrets katiepop
katiepop wrote:Just to let you all know......I got the COA today!!!!!!! I'm so happy, has been a long wait since last July. I really hope everyone else gets it soon, the waiting was killing me x

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:14 pm

katiepop wrote:Just to let you all know......I got the COA today!!!!!!! I'm so happy, has been a long wait since last July. I really hope everyone else gets it soon, the waiting was killing me x
Yay!! congrats to you :)
I tell it like it is.

I_hate_HO
Newly Registered

Post by I_hate_HO » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:42 pm

Aaah knew I might find a thread (or a couple...) on this when I found these forums.

I'm now 6 weeks waiting for this blasted COA, needless to say the very idea is pissing me off to no end.
Rang them up and gave out to one of their drones but really all I managed to get was my passport back. Which means they have had it lying around somewhere not being looked at, right?

I'm on limited LTR, and my partner is a mature student.
If anyone been through this in similar circumstances I'd appreciate any info on how 'complex' this situation is.
Not that I care *as such* - the HO can go and... well you get it.

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:02 am

I_hate_HO wrote:Aaah knew I might find a thread (or a couple...) on this when I found these forums.

I'm now 6 weeks waiting for this blasted COA, needless to say the very idea is pissing me off to no end.
Rang them up and gave out to one of their drones but really all I managed to get was my passport back. Which means they have had it lying around somewhere not being looked at, right?

I'm on limited LTR, and my partner is a mature student.
If anyone been through this in similar circumstances I'd appreciate any info on how 'complex' this situation is.
Not that I care *as such* - the HO can go and... well you get it.

People wait longer than that,my self perhaps of my status,i waited for 8 months!6 weeks is nothing!

I_hate_HO
Newly Registered

Post by I_hate_HO » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:20 pm

Yeah reading over this thread, people have waited longer. But how could this be? They say that after 14 weeks (which is long enough!) you can contact them to enquire about it if you haven't received it by then!

So what do you do, just tell you to wait longer?

I'd have to have to go through a solicitor but it seems like the only way to get anything out of these idiots by the sound of it.

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:19 pm

I_hate_HO wrote:Yeah reading over this thread, people have waited longer. But how could this be? They say that after 14 weeks (which is long enough!) you can contact them to enquire about it if you haven't received it by then!

So what do you do, just tell you to wait longer?

I'd have to have to go through a solicitor but it seems like the only way to get anything out of these idiots by the sound of it.

Better to enquire after 14 weeks!You can use your MP,writing to them and complain,i am afraid solicitor will take your money for nothing!

sam2010
Newly Registered

Post by sam2010 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:13 am

Applied March 20/2010...still waiting for COA. Any news on yours?

elv15

Post by elv15 » Mon May 10, 2010 1:02 pm

I applied mine on the 24th of march, received acknowledgement letter 3 days later on the 27th dated 25 march. My solicitor did it on my behalf. I have heard its 4 to 12 weeks for those with valid visa, but could take longer. Also apparently in some cases they ask for affidavits and proof of relationship especially from those who have no valid stay. July last year applicants had problems with COA. I know a friend of mine who got his in 5 weeks ealier this year. And from reading on other forums it seems like this years applications are not taking very long, unless status is complex. IMO
SAM2010 did you recieve acknowledge letter?

sam2010
Newly Registered

Post by sam2010 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:37 pm

Yes i did get the letter from HO dated 24/March 2010.

A mate applied last November had to wait 7 - 8 weeks as well..

Plan to call them up this week..atleast try getting passports back..will keep you posted!

sam2010
Newly Registered

Post by sam2010 » Sun May 16, 2010 10:54 am

So called up home office - They will send my passport back . This wont affect the coa process.

I can get status of coa only after 14 weeks...

Entering the 8 week now :))) still not losing hope and can atleast start travelling

elv15

Post by elv15 » Sun May 16, 2010 3:01 pm

The HO is a joke, why not just send your passport back with the COA, Simple. I hope you get it with the passports. Because some pple like me want to make our summer plans but cant because of the HO.
Keep us updated Sam.
Please note that what i post is only a personal opinion. Im no expert lol.

sam2010
Newly Registered

Post by sam2010 » Fri May 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Hey,

I got the passports and coa as well..:))))

Good luck

Kr, Pal

elv15

Post by elv15 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:54 pm

hey congradulations, now you can make your plans, i hope mine will come soon since my acknowledgement letter was dated one day after yours, but then maybe they sent yours quicker coz you requested your passports, i might have to do that lol. So when is the wedding? Enjoy.
Goodluck with your future plans. :D

elv15

Post by elv15 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:09 am

Hie Sam and people, My COA arrived same day as yours Sam, When i wrote my previous post i ddnt know i had an email from my Solicitor that it had arrived, only this morning i saw the email lol.
So its taking about 8 weeks for straight foward applications. No affidavits where asked for in my case. Goodluck to those who are waiting.

qxoil

Post by qxoil » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:12 pm

elv15 wrote:Hie Sam and people, My COA arrived same day as yours Sam, When i wrote my previous post i ddnt know i had an email from my Solicitor that it had arrived, only this morning i saw the email lol.
So its taking about 8 weeks for straight foward applications. No affidavits where asked for in my case. Goodluck to those who are waiting.

hi
i applied for coa 15 april2010 and received a letter on 20th april2010, still waiting.could any one tell me how long it takes.any one else applied in april aswell plz post here.thanks

elv15

Post by elv15 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:46 pm

As previously posted its been taking 8 weeks lately so i can only assume you will recieve yours anytime now, unless if the HO is delaying again. was your application straight foward?