ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I can`t understand this

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Meninha
Newly Registered

I can`t understand this

Post by Meninha » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:43 pm

ok
Last edited by Meninha on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

P&T

Re: I can`t understand this

Post by P&T » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:05 pm

Meninha wrote:back to top
If you are already in the UK

If you entered the UK in a different immigration category (for example, as a student), you may be allowed to switch into the category of husband, wife or civil partner if we have given you a total of more than six months' permission to live here since your most recent admission to the UK. This permission must have been given in accordance with the Immigration Rules, not 'exceptionally' (outside the Immigration Rules). For example, if we gave you permission to enter for three months and then permission to remain for five months, you have been given a total of eight months - which means you can apply to switch into the category of husband, wife or civil partner.

(The minimum of more than six months does not apply to you if we gave you permission to enter as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner, or as the husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried/same-gender partner of a Tier 1 Migrant, and you are still with the same husband, wife or partner.)

**** This is from the official web site.
I don`t know if I`m understanding it right. Can I come to visit my husband at the UK and apply for my visa there? so I can stay permantely?
He is a EEA member and I`m from Brazil!... should I apply just for a residence permit? can I work with this permit?
Hi Meninha,

Yes you may visit your husband on a visitors visa but please NOTE- on a visitors visa you can NOT switch to a residence visa while in the UK. You would have to return to your home country and apply for a EEA FAMILY PERMIT visa at the British embassy in your home country.

So the visa you need to apply for you to be able to visit your husband and live with him in the UK is The EEA Family permit visa which is valid for 6 months and is thankfuly free of charge. Find this info on
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/eunati ... milypermit. The British Embassy or VFS in your home country should be able to give you all the information you need for you to sort out your application.

Once you are in the UK you will be eligible to apply for a residency permit called the EEA2 (valid for 5 years which allows you to live and work in the UK) as the spouse of an EEA national who is exercising treaty rights in the UK as either a worker, a student, self sufficient etc.

You can find all this information on the UKBA website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s/eea/eea2.

I hope this helps answer your questions.

Regards,
P&T

Meninha
Newly Registered

Post by Meninha » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:27 pm

P&T wrote:

If you entered the UK in a different immigration category (for example, as a student), you may be allowed to switch into the category of husband, wife or civil partner if we have given you a total of more than six months' permission to live here since your most recent admission to the UK. This permission must have been given in accordance with the Immigration Rules, not 'exceptionally' (outside the Immigration Rules). For example, if we gave you permission to enter for three months and then permission to remain for five months, you have been given a total of eight months - which means you can apply to switch into the category of husband, wife or civil partner.

(The minimum of more than six months does not apply to you if we gave you permission to enter as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner, or as the husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried/same-gender partner of a Tier 1 Migrant, and you are still with the same husband, wife or partner.)

I don`t know if I`m understanding it right. Can I come to visit my husband at the UK and apply for my visa there? so I can stay permantely?
He is a EEA member and I`m from Brazil!... should I apply just for a residence permit? can I work with this permit?
Hi Meninha,

Yes you may visit your husband on a visitors visa but please NOTE- on a visitors visa you can NOT switch to a residence visa while in the UK. You would have to return to your home country and apply for a EEA FAMILY PERMIT visa at the British embassy in your home country.

So the visa you need to apply for you to be able to visit your husband and live with him in the UK is The EEA Family permit visa which is valid for 6 months and is thankfuly free of charge. Find this info on
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/eunati ... milypermit. The British Embassy or VFS in your home country should be able to give you all the information you need for you to sort out your application.

Once you are in the UK you will be eligible to apply for a residency permit called the EEA2 (valid for 5 years which allows you to live and work in the UK) as the spouse of an EEA national who is exercising treaty rights in the UK as either a worker, a student, self sufficient etc.

Regards,
P&T

If I apply tho the family permit visa will I be able to work and study during this time?

Meninha
Newly Registered

Post by Meninha » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:46 pm

If I apply tho the family permit visa will I be able to work and study during this time?

Can i try something with the dutch emigration? ...

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:13 am

Meninha wrote:II don`t know if I`m understanding it right. Can I come to visit my husband at the UK and apply for my visa there? so I can stay permantely?
Please keep this in your original thread. That makes it much easier. And please also carefully read the links I gave you.

Once again (and for the last time):
1) For entry you are formally required to have a EEA family permit which documents that you are a family member of an EEA national.
2) When you are in the UK you have to do nothing - from the legal point of view. For practical reasons, however, you better apply for a residence card.
3) There are no visas on the EEA route.

As you are the spouse of an EEA national you are allowed to work immediately. Entering as a tourist cannot be reason for refusals of a residence card. Your rights derive solely from your marriage, that is formal procedures are not necessary to grant you these rights.

Meninha
Newly Registered

Post by Meninha » Tue May 18, 2010 8:49 am

Hi,
I have already applied to the family permit in Brazil (RIo de Janeiro) 12 working days ago...
When I was applying the lady asked me when I was intending to travel to the UK , I answered that I was going on 22 of april.
Are there any chance that they will send me the visa before that day? ...
when I try to track my application the same message apear : arrived at the visa section"

:cry:
Thanks

677ano

Post by 677ano » Tue May 18, 2010 10:37 am

P&T wrote:

Hi Meninha,

Regards,
P&T
she can switch from a C VISIT visitors visa to EEA2 resident card provided she is married to the EEA national
we can all change our stars

Meninha
Newly Registered

hiiiiii

Post by Meninha » Tue May 18, 2010 10:46 am

Hi,
I have already applied to the family permit in Brazil (RIo de Janeiro) 12 working days ago...
When I was applying the lady asked me when I was intending to travel to the UK , I answered that I was going on 22 of april.
when I try to track my application the same message apear : arrived at the visa section"

Thanks

Meninha
Newly Registered

Post by Meninha » Tue May 18, 2010 1:57 pm

*MAY
22 of MAY = )

irric
Newly Registered

Post by irric » Thu May 20, 2010 9:55 am

86ti wrote:
Meninha wrote:II don`t know if I`m understanding it right. Can I come to visit my husband at the UK and apply for my visa there? so I can stay permantely?
Please keep this in your original thread. That makes it much easier. And please also carefully read the links I gave you.

Once again (and for the last time):
1) For entry you are formally required to have a EEA family permit which documents that you are a family member of an EEA national.
2) When you are in the UK you have to do nothing - from the legal point of view. For practical reasons, however, you better apply for a residence card.
3) There are no visas on the EEA route.

As you are the spouse of an EEA national you are allowed to work immediately. Entering as a tourist cannot be reason for refusals of a residence card. Your rights derive solely from your marriage, that is formal procedures are not necessary to grant you these rights.
Hi 86ti
i really admire ur helping style..... i think someone else need to follow ur strategy or atleast get some inspiration form u..... not to mention pakhtoon......

looooooooooool

Take care

Meninha
Newly Registered

please read this !!!

Post by Meninha » Thu May 20, 2010 10:26 am

Hi,

Thanks

Meninha
Newly Registered

Post by Meninha » Thu May 20, 2010 10:28 am

14 working days ago***

* 22 of MAYYYYY