ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yarons

Post by yarons » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:29 pm

Update:

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================
Method: Immigration agency
Date of Submission: 23/02/2010
CRITERIA: 5 Years WP+HSMP (3+2) + 1 Year ILR
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 05/03/2010. Dated 26/02/2010
Date UKBA made a Decision: 16/03/2010
Date of receipt of Approval: 25/03/2010 (letter dated 17/03)
Date of ceremony: 29/03/2010 (Private)

PASSPORT TIMELINE:
====================
Date of application: 30/03/2010
Method: Check&Send
Date received by IPS: 31/03/2010 (Newport office)
Interview date: 19/04/2010

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:55 pm

yarons wrote:Update:

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================

PASSPORT TIMELINE:
====================
Good to hear this update. Your journey is almost over. Hopefully you will recieve your passport in 4/5 days after interview.

When did IPS send back your supporting docs ( Old passport+etc )? Is it with interview invitation letter?

Wish you good luck :D
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

yarons

Post by yarons » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:18 am

Tim555 wrote:

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================

PASSPORT TIMELINE:
====================
Good to hear this update. Your journey is almost over. Hopefully you will recieve your passport in 4/5 days after interview.

When did IPS send back your supporting docs ( Old passport+etc )? Is it with interview invitation letter?

Thanks Tim. I have received the invitation letter on Saturday and immediately rang to set an interview. My supporting docs haven't arrived yet.

Something worth mentioning: I called IPS a week after I sent the application and the response was "we have it and it's currently awaiting an examiner". Since then I called every 2 days to check and got more or less the same answer, I was also asked to call in a week to check again. Last time I called was last Wednesday and a lady there gave me the same answer so I said "Ok, I'll call again in a couple of days". Her response was surprising, she said she would give it more than a couple of days as it will probably take longer and the more I contact them the more I delay the application since it's my first passport.
She was obviously wrong as I got my letter 3 days after that so had I called Thur or Fri I would probably would have given the reference number over the phone.

Not sure why she said that the more I call the slower the application would be but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:57 pm

yarons wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================

PASSPORT TIMELINE:
====================

Thanks Tim. I have received the invitation letter on Saturday and immediately rang to set an interview. My supporting docs haven't arrived yet.

Something worth mentioning: I called IPS a week after I sent the application and the response was "we have it and it's currently awaiting an examiner". Since then I called every 2 days to check and got more or less the same answer, I was also asked to call in a week to check again. Last time I called was last Wednesday and a lady there gave me the same answer so I said "Ok, I'll call again in a couple of days". Her response was surprising, she said she would give it more than a couple of days as it will probably take longer and the more I contact them the more I delay the application since it's my first passport.
She was obviously wrong as I got my letter 3 days after that so had I called Thur or Fri I would probably would have given the reference number over the phone.

Not sure why she said that the more I call the slower the application would be but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Thanks for detailed information. I dont think applicant's contact delays the application. She provide false information. Since I submitted my application last thursday I rang them 3 times ( friday,saturday and today). They did say anythink like that as you mention above. They advised to call back on monday for update as system is not update yet.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:38 am

I called this morning to get update and I was told because my application is within 6 months (applied on 18 March) time window therefore, they can not provide any update

shekel

Post by shekel » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:44 am

ziqbal_2000 wrote:I called this morning to get update and I was told because my application is within 6 months (applied on 18 March) time window therefore, they can not provide any update
Did you ask them if its with a case worker, or still awaiting allocation to a case worker?

krimith

Post by krimith » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:37 am

hi anybody know if applied threw solicitor who recevied aknowldgement letter because my account money debited on 14th april but today also i dont recevied aknowldgement letter and applied 1st of april

krimith

Post by krimith » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:34 pm

yarons or any other member can give me answer plz if solicitor threw i apply nationality app so who recevied akn letter :roll:

gabs
Newly Registered

Post by gabs » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:59 pm

UPDATE

NCS
Date of submission or posting: 16th March 2010
CRITERIA: I've been in this country for at least 16yrs
Date of debit of credit card: 22nd March 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 22nd March 2010 - Letter didn't arrive till the 25th March 2010
Date of receipt of approval: 9th April 2010 - Letter didn't arrive till the 16th April 2010
Date of Ceremony: Schedule for the 10th May 2010
Date of appln. for passport:
Method used:
Date of Receipt:

gabs
Newly Registered

Post by gabs » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:16 pm

Why do most people on this board feel the need to call them up for an update? You've received the acknowledgement letter, surely that's a sign that they are dealing with it. Patience is the key. Chasing them up is not going to speed up the process.

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:01 pm

shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:I called this morning to get update and I was told because my application is within 6 months (applied on 18 March) time window therefore, they can not provide any update
Did you ask them if its with a case worker, or still awaiting allocation to a case worker?
I asked but he said that he can not provide any update

shekel

Post by shekel » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:23 pm

ziqbal_2000 wrote:
shekel wrote:
I asked but he said that he can not provide any update
Maybe you should ring again, such they usually provide this kind of info

krimith

Post by krimith » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:24 pm

how long take time to recevied aknowldgement letter ?

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi everyone.
I will be applying for British Passport soon ( at the moment waiting for naturalisation certificate to come back from Home office because the place of birth was spelled wrong & i have sent it back to them).
with regards to the passport application i have some questions & wonder those who applied for passports could help me.
1) I have 3 passports from my Original country, two of them cancelled & one of them Valid with my ILR. In section 3 of the application there is space for 3 passports numbers, do i write all the three or just write the latest passport number & send that one with application?
2) Very embarissing But I dont know the Date of Marriage of my Mum, although i know just the year. My mum also does not remember it. What should i put in section 4 . will it cause any problem?
3) Section 5 Place of issue of the naturalisation certificate . is it London Home office or My council where i had my ceremony?
4)Section7 ; why blank ? do we write anything here?
5)Section 8 : I have written my grand parents details on a seprate sheet, But again i dont know their Date of Births & date of Marriage so what should i do?

Many thanks

yarons

Post by yarons » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:54 pm

krimith wrote:yarons or any other member can give me answer plz if solicitor threw i apply nationality app so who recevied akn letter :roll:
The person who is representing you will receive the acknowledgement letter and the decision letter.

Ramy90

Post by Ramy90 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:06 pm

in my acknowledgement letter says if you have any question call that number between 9am-9pm and when i called in the evening it says we close at 5. is my letter different from yours!! i called in the morning and they didnt even transfer me to anyone to get me update, the machine said call back later!!!!

shekel

Post by shekel » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:55 am

Ramy90 wrote:in my acknowledgement letter says if you have any question call that number between 9am-9pm and when i called in the evening it says we close at 5. is my letter different from yours!! i called in the morning and they didnt even transfer me to anyone to get me update, the machine said call back later!!!!
Its 9 to 5. If it says call back later, you have to call back later. If you call 9am sharp, they will answer. You have to select 2 and then 2 again.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:45 am

yarons wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================

PASSPORT TIMELINE:
====================

Yarons! How was your passport interview? What did they ask?

I double checked the issue with IPS you highlighted before. They said Passport applications processing unit is seprate from telephone enquiry unit. If applicant make a telephone enquiry regarding application it does not delays application process as processing unit dont know about telephone enquiry.

I submitted my application on last thursday ( check and send ). I rang IPS today they did not find my details as yet on application reference number provided. Is it normal or IPS takes 4/5 days after submission to update their system? Once you sent your application, within how many days you rang IPS and find they have your application?

Regards,

yarons

Post by yarons » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:38 am

Tim555 wrote:
yarons wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================

PASSPORT TIMELINE:
====================

I double checked the issue with IPS you highlighted before. They said Passport applications processing unit is seprate from telephone enquiry unit. If applicant make a telephone enquiry regarding application it does not delays application process as processing unit dont know about telephone enquiry.

I submitted my application on last thursday ( check and send ). I rang IPS today they did not find my details as yet on application reference number provided. Is it normal or IPS takes 4/5 days after submission to update their system? Once you sent your application, within how many days you rang IPS and find they have your application?

Regards,
Hi Tim. Interview was friendly and short (around 7 minutes). Questions were standard and matched what people have posted before. They do ask you to sign an electronic pad to match it with your application signature.

And yes - telephone enquiry regarding your application should not cause delays. I do not know why the lady I phoned last Wednesday said that. Maybe she wanted to decrease the phone pressure on the telephone enquiry unit.

4/5 days seems like a long time. Mine got cleared a day after I sent it and was awaiting an examiner for nearly 2 weeks. Once it got to an examiner it took one more day for the interview invitation letter to be sent to me.

Tanukiji
Newly Registered

Post by Tanukiji » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi everyone

Had my citizenship ceremony today. Everything went well until I came home and read the forms that were included in the pack the council provided.

The voter's registration form was enclosed with a freepost envelope. I filled this out when I got home. That is when I saw on the form that the deadline to register to vote in the General election is today.

I was really looking forward to voting! I wish they had mentioned this at the ceremony as I was already at the Town Hall and could have filled it out there and hand it in there and then.

Phoned them to see if they could make any concession but the answer was that it was a national deadline so there is absolutely nothing they can do. The guy on the phone was sympathetic and agreed that they should have said something.

I'm really disappointed and am kicking myself for not checking the forms when I was there.

Sorry, just wanted to vent....

kindley

Post by kindley » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:08 pm

Tim555 wrote:
yarons wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================

PASSPORT TIMELINE:
====================

Regards,
Hello Tim,

Have you any updates regarding your passport application?

Regards
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

krimith

Post by krimith » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:58 pm

anybody sending nationality application via solicitor and if yes how long take time for send aknowledge letter and decesion letter my one i send it three week before but i dont recevied anything and not my solicitor

krimith

Post by krimith » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:00 pm

yarons wrote:
krimith wrote:yarons or any other member can give me answer plz if solicitor threw i apply nationality app so who recevied akn letter :roll:
The person who is representing you will receive the acknowledgement letter and the decision letter.
thank you yarons but i got one more question in other post

AmaLondon
Newly Registered

Ceremony

Post by AmaLondon » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:53 pm

Hi guys.
Received my letter of approval for citizenship. On the letter it says that I should be receiving a second letter which will let me know when my ceremony will be. It also says NOT to call council to make appointment until I receive this second letter.

What I wanted to do now is call and find a council for a private ceremony so as I just get this done as soon as, because I am assuming all this second letter is going to be is a date for a ceremony thats going to be too far meaning I am going to be calling a council in any case.

So guys, what is the second letter all about and will I even need this if I am doing my private ceremony? Should I go ahead and call for private ceremony without second letter??? Or am I just been naughty???

p.s. Been waiting for second letter since the 12th of this month

AmaLondon

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:54 am

dadoctor wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:I applied on 18th March and have not received any decision yet. I was told by HO yesterday over phone that my application waiting consideration .... how is everybody else doing who applied around 18 March ......
I applied on 16/03. Still waiting. Was told on phone that its awaiting allocation to caseworker. So relax (I know it can be hard). They must be busy this month.
Hi dadoctor, have you got any update?