ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreseeable or Unforeseeable in employer letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

szubair
Newly Registered

Foreseeable or Unforeseeable in employer letter

Post by szubair » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:26 am

Hello All,

I am going to home office next month for my ILR. On my employer letter, as per format got from this forum; my company gave me letter and said "We want Mr. X for foreseeable future" where my consultant says change it to "We want Mr. X for unforeseeable future". Can someone suggest me which one is right. If my consultant is right then please change the format provided here as guidance, otherwise suggest.

Thanks in advance

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:34 am

"We want Mr. X for the foreseeable future" tho it's still not great English.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

szubair
Newly Registered

Post by szubair » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:24 am

Thanks for reply.

Sorry employer letter says:
"We will require his services for the foreseeable future." and my consultant said to change it to "We will require his services for the unforeseeable future."

Regards

Soulie
Newly Registered

Post by Soulie » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:33 am

No offense but that sounds rediculous. Surely your consultant has better things to do than send you on a goose chase for no benefit and in my view makes your letter look like it's been written by a 14 year old.

szubair
Newly Registered

Post by szubair » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:57 am

Hi Soulie,

Thanks for your reply.

I have got the letter format from same immigrationboard.com, this is the complete letter:

-----------------
To UK Border Agency
Leave to Remain – SET (O)
PO Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR Date: XX JAN 2010

Subject: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain

Dear Sir / Madam

This is to confirm that Mr. XXX (Your name) is currently employed by XXX (Your Company) in the UK as a full time and permanent employee. He has been employed since Date as a (your post). He is required by the company for a foreseeable future.

Should you require any further information please feel free to contact this office on
<Employer Phone No>.

Yours faithfully
--------------------

So my question was only to use word "foreseeable" or "unforeseeable".

Thanks

nellis83
Newly Registered

Re: Foreseeable or Unforeseeable in employer letter

Post by nellis83 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:56 am

szubair wrote:Hello All,

I am going to home office next month for my ILR. On my employer letter, as per format got from this forum; my company gave me letter and said "We want Mr. X for foreseeable future" where my consultant says change it to "We want Mr. X for unforeseeable future". Can someone suggest me which one is right. If my consultant is right then please change the format provided here as guidance, otherwise suggest.

Thanks in advance
"We want Mr. X for unforeseeable future" makes no sense. At all.

Markie

Post by Markie » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:37 am

stick with the foreseeable future as it also denotes unbounded time in the future. My company uses the term foreseeable future as well so don't worry.
szubair wrote:Hi Soulie,

Thanks for your reply.

I have got the letter format from same immigrationboard.com, this is the complete letter:

-----------------
To UK Border Agency
Leave to Remain – SET (O)
PO Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR Date: XX JAN 2010

Subject: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain

Dear Sir / Madam

This is to confirm that Mr. XXX (Your name) is currently employed by XXX (Your Company) in the UK as a full time and permanent employee. He has been employed since Date as a (your post). He is required by the company for a foreseeable future.

Should you require any further information please feel free to contact this office on
<Employer Phone No>.

Yours faithfully
--------------------

So my question was only to use word "foreseeable" or "unforeseeable".

Thanks

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:33 am

hello,
It is better to use "foreseeable" future because forseeable is time when you can plan which means that your employer can see the future plans of the company and you are part of it.

"Unforseeable" is slightly negative because it means future cannot be seen and cannot be planned either..It could be dark..

as an example "Unemployed" word during the recession was seen as negative term and many govt authorities were avoiding the use of this term.I don't remember where i read it . was quite some time back.

Hope i am able to explain myself well..

Deep..

nicky1234
BANNED

Post by nicky1234 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:42 am

Deep4ILR wrote:hello,
It is better to use "foreseeable" future because forseeable is time when you can plan which means that your employer can see the future plans of the company and you are part of it.

"Unforseeable" is slightly negative because it means future cannot be seen and cannot be planned either..It could be dark..

as an example "Unemployed" word during the recession was seen as negative term and many govt authorities were avoiding the use of this term.I don't remember where i read it . was quite some time back.

Hope i am able to explain myself well..

Deep..
There were no need to use these type of words.

Bitter nonsense.

The letter template is normally used.

Nicky

foxy

Post by foxy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:59 am

"Unforeseeable future"? Hahaha, sorry, but that is too funny. They'd let anybody be a consultant these days :-)

pubmania
Newly Registered

Forseeable future??

Post by pubmania » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:56 pm

Is it mandatory to have this "forseeable future" line in the Employer letter.
My employer is ready to give a letter with my employee number,the date since i've been working for the company,my role title and the salary.
The HR said that this is the only format they give,and will not be able to include that particular line.

I will be applying for ILR under tier 1 with my 5 years being made of WP+HSMP+Tier1.WP for 2 yrs since 2005 to 2007.,then Hsmp and then tier 1.

IN Section 9 L there is no such mention of Employer Letter in the Evidence to be shown.

Can anyone please throw more light on this and what evidence should we be showing for applying under Section 9L.

Please help.
Many Thanks
Sam

senthil78
Member of Standing

Re: Forseeable future??

Post by senthil78 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:37 pm

pubmania wrote:Is it mandatory to have this "forseeable future" line in the Employer letter.
My employer is ready to give a letter with my employee number,the date since i've been working for the company,my role title and the salary.
The HR said that this is the only format they give,and will not be able to include that particular line.

I will be applying for ILR under tier 1 with my 5 years being made of WP+HSMP+Tier1.WP for 2 yrs since 2005 to 2007.,then Hsmp and then tier 1.

IN Section 9 L there is no such mention of Employer Letter in the Evidence to be shown.

Can anyone please throw more light on this and what evidence should we be showing for applying under Section 9L.

Please help.
Many Thanks
Sam
You can use " the employment is expected to continue indefinitely"

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:13 pm

senthil78 wrote:
pubmania wrote:Is it mandatory to have this "forseeable future" line in the Employer letter.

Please help.
Many Thanks
Sam
..or until one of dies....!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:20 pm

Wanderer wrote:
senthil78 wrote:

Please help.
Many Thanks
Sam
..or until one of dies....!
What do you mean?