ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:10 pm

hunpak wrote:Can anyone please tell me if i will need any visa for Spain?
i am planning to visit Spain for few days?

Hey Hunpak
No you dont need a visa to go to Spain with your residence card. This is the proof of the info from the Spanish embassy in Manchester quoted:

Family members of an EU/EEA national that hold a valid UK residence permit are no longer required a visa to enter Spain .This must be documented on the residence permit as :"Residence card of a Family Member of an EEA National".This endorsement is compulsory for the visa to be exempted.In addition to this, you also must hold a valid passport and be traveling with the EU national or joining him/her in Spain.Otherwise, a visa will still be required.( Real Decreto 1161/2009, 10th July 2009).
On the Spanish Embassy London web page:

It says;
DEPENDANT OF EU/SPANISH NATIONAL

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Under Directive 2004/38/EC and according to Real Decreto 240/2007, 16 February, Family members of an EU/EEA National in possession of a valid UK Residence Card are not requiered of a visa to enter Spain. Please note that the UK Residence Permit must state literally that the holder is a family member of an EU/EEA National...

So it does not indicate that a family member of an EEA citizen has to be traveling with the EU national or joining him/her in Spain.

Some countries do require to be travelling with the EU national and some does not...

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:13 pm

P&T

Post by P&T » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:32 am

Hi guys!

Is it me or has anyone been trying to call the UKBA Liverpool unit this week and not been able to speak to anyone?? The line now has a new automated female voice message stating that applicants who have applied within the last 6 months will not be able to get progress reports on their EEA2 or other such applications!! Anyone know what im talking about?

What is this!!
This seems ludicrous! Im guessing the UKBA got sick and tired of our pressing calls to ask about our precious documents :x ?

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:03 am

Yes, it happened to me. I had to called another location to get progress report on my application this morning.

kAB
Newly Registered

Re: Comprehensive Health Insurance

Post by kAB » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:27 am

kAB wrote:
Forza_RC wrote: Hi kAB.

Apparently, you have to contact one of those insurance companies, there are plenty of them. The HO is very strict with this health insurance...
Hi Forza_RC or other members,

Do anyone of you know a very affordable health insurance I can purchase?

And congrats doesnotcompute!!

On the other matter, my HO case worker sent an email (from his personal UKBA email address) to my husband's employer yesterday at 19:31 asking to confirm his start date and that he is still working there.

This means the caseworker already got my cover letter regarding his error (re: WRS) and he is going ahead with our case. So, I plan to wait and see till next week and give them a call on Thursday and see what they say. If they will still need the health insurance, then I'll buy and send one!

Either way, as I will have the email address of the case worker, I will write him directly if need be.

So, a tip for everyone who has applied for the EEA2 about 2+ months - ask your employer if the UKBA Caseworker has contacted and get their email addresses :)
I got a letter from the case worker today that I need to submit these within 14 days:

1) Comprehensive Medical Insurance Cover as being a student I am not entitled to use NHS Medical Services (which is ridiculous!!!)

2) As I am student, I am classed as self-sufficient so evidence that I can support myself in the UK as student - 3 months bank statement confirming how I support myself on the course

3) Bank statements in my husbands name covering 3 months

I do not work in the UK. Can anyone please let me know if these proofs will be enough for me to prove as a self-sufficient student in their eyes?

* £9K in our joint UK bank account
* scholarship for my tuition fees
* my husband regular income from full-time job
* comprehensive health insurance
(With £1500 excess per year http://www.wpa.org.uk/products/health-i ... index.html)
Last edited by kAB on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

armstrong
Newly Registered

Post by armstrong » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:42 pm

jajanana wrote:Yes, it happened to me. I had to called another location to get progress report on my application this morning.
its happened to me twice actually called the 0845 number twice and both times spoke to advisor who said they could not give me progress report since my application is less than 6 months. applied in DEC 2009. don't have a reference number though. Can you give me the number you called please?

cabarete

Post by cabarete » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:14 pm

P&T wrote:Hi guys!

Is it me or has anyone been trying to call the UKBA Liverpool unit this week and not been able to speak to anyone?? The line now has a new automated female voice message stating that applicants who have applied within the last 6 months will not be able to get progress reports on their EEA2 or other such applications!! Anyone know what im talking about?

What is this!!
This seems ludicrous! Im guessing the UKBA got sick and tired of our pressing calls to ask about our precious documents :x ?
that is the way we're being treated at the moment!

i called on monday since it's been a month since i sent a letter explaining that i had divorced... no reply and now we can't even speak to them

cabarete

good news!

Post by cabarete » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:36 am

The telephone system has been restored and we can now speak directly with them. It even gives you the position on the queue you're in.

I have just made an enquiry regarding the documents i sent notifying them of my divorce and letting them know i had retained my right to live here.

Very helpful person told me exactly what i needed to do now...

they will not change the visa i have...

i just have to wait until it expires and then apply for a PR.

all i wanted was confirmation that they do have my documents...

kAB
Newly Registered

self-sufficient

Post by kAB » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:16 pm

can anyone answer my last post regarding self sufficiency?

deyne

14 months

Post by deyne » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:05 pm

Hi guys
I have submitted my application on 20th Feb 2009 which is stated on COA,sent additional docs in Dec 2009 and they had got them in Jan 2010 by special delivery(another joke of postoffice)...then I have been waiting sine so far and there is not any updated.I have just called them as well in liverpool a few days ago,who was over the phone said my case is still under consideration and wouldn't give any further information...
really really really tired and desperate...cant do a thing without my passport...

anyone has the same sh**?

armstrong
Newly Registered

Post by armstrong » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:23 am

you might want to get in touch with your mp to put pressure on them with the elections coming up you might find them very willing to help

doesnotcompute

Re: 14 months

Post by doesnotcompute » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:22 pm

deyne wrote:Hi guys
I have submitted my application on 20th Feb 2009 which is stated on COA,sent additional docs in Dec 2009 and they had got them in Jan 2010 by special delivery(another joke of postoffice)...then I have been waiting sine so far and there is not any updated.I have just called them as well in liverpool a few days ago,who was over the phone said my case is still under consideration and wouldn't give any further information...
really really really tired and desperate...cant do a thing without my passport...

If you provided the requested documents nearly 6 months ago, I would advise you to contact your local MP and SOLVIT asap. The UKBA is legally obliged to issue your Residence Card within 6 months of receiving the application. Also, like armstrong said, your local MP may be desperate for votes, and would be eager to chase it up for you.

I would imagine that they are very very close to issuing it, because they seem to be getting around to Dec 2009 applications recently.

seen_storm
Newly Registered

Post by seen_storm » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:16 pm

Hi, everyone!
For general information:
23 Dec 2009 sent appication EEA2
12 Jan 2010 issued COA
Still waiting. Never called.
I dont expect my case to be resolved soon, cause i'm overstayer. Does anybody know how HO dealing with such a people?
I applied as a spouse of eea-national(worker).

kafi

Post by kafi » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:47 am

seen_storm wrote:Hi, everyone!
For general information:
12 Jan 2010 issued COA
I dont expect my case to be resolved soon, cause i'm overstayer. Does anybody know how HO dealing with such a people?
I dont think its problem as they r already processing ur case. I know one person like ur case . he got visa for 5 years after 9 months waiting.

seen_storm
Newly Registered

Post by seen_storm » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:51 pm

People, dont let this forum die. It really slowed down. Share your or your mates experience. Anybody knows how criminal conviction can influent EEA2 case?

seen_storm
Newly Registered

Post by seen_storm » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:54 pm

kafi wrote:
seen_storm wrote:Hi, everyone!
For general information:
12 Jan 2010 issued COA
I dont think its problem as they r already processing ur case. I know one person like ur case . he got visa for 5 years after 9 months waiting.
Thanks kafi. Was it last year?

P&T

Post by P&T » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:21 pm

seen_storm wrote:People, dont let this forum die. It really slowed down. Share your or your mates experience. Anybody knows how criminal conviction can influent EEA2 case?
Hey Seen_Storm,

I agree yes we must not let the forum die so come on guys lets keep on sharing!!

What type of criminal convictions are you asking about?

seen_storm
Newly Registered

Post by seen_storm » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:45 pm

P&T wrote:
seen_storm wrote:People, dont let this forum die. It really slowed down. Share your or your mates experience. Anybody knows how criminal conviction can influent EEA2 case?
Hey Seen_Storm,

I agree yes we must not let the forum die so come on guys lets keep on sharing!!

What type of criminal convictions are you asking about?
Community service. Unpaid works. Law doesnt mention refuse of EEA2 on basis of criminal records as far as i concerned. Or i'm wrong? Any thoughts?

seen_storm
Newly Registered

Post by seen_storm » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:57 pm

If anyone interesting of how caseworkers dealing with EEA2 applications and what they use to guide (like what checks need to be done, reasons for refuse, etc.) this may help
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dlaw/ecis/

deyne

Re: 14 months

Post by deyne » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:34 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:

If you provided the requested documents nearly 6 months ago, I would advise you to contact your local MP and SOLVIT asap. The UKBA is legally obliged to issue your Residence Card within 6 months of receiving the application. Also, like armstrong said, your local MP may be desperate for votes, and would be eager to chase it up for you.

I would imagine that they are very very close to issuing it, because they seem to be getting around to Dec 2009 applications recently.
Thanks doesnotcompute.Right now im about to email my local MP.But if it is like you said,my requested docs has been sent since Jan 10,its not 6 months yet and if the HO teams are really getting around to Dec 09 applications,should I just wait to any minute from now?Seems you are involved with a lot of information:)

kafi

Post by kafi » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:44 pm

deyne wrote:
doesnotcompute wrote:

Thanks doesnotcompute.Right now im about to email my local MP.But if it is like you said,my requested docs has been sent since Jan 10,its not 6 months yet and if the HO teams are really getting around to Dec 09 applications,should I just wait to any minute from now?Seems you are involved with a lot of information:)
I think home office now dealing with january 2010 application . as some of member who applied (05-11)january got the rc in this month and this for starightforward case. hopefully it tkes more time if there is overstay or something like that.

we should not write to local mp in 6 months time as homeoffice advised ..

my application passed to a case worker on 18/03/2010 but still waiting for decission though i applied in 21/01/2010

its three month pass now & i just talked to a lady in hmoff. today, she was really good . she cheked my application but nothing came out. still waiting for consideration.. she told me hopefully next moth i may hear somthing from them.

armstrong
Newly Registered

Post by armstrong » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:47 pm

Spoke to the HO again today still my application hasn't been given to a caseworker and told not to call till 6 months after application. applied in DEC 2009 got COA in JAN. Just doing my head in considering RC being issued for JAN'10 application and mine hasn't even been given to a caseworker.

adolma999
Newly Registered

Post by adolma999 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:23 pm

I reckon its very variable, depends on case being straightforward or not. So far we know that at least two ppl on this forum got their RC from applications done in Dec 2009 and at least one from Jan 2010. But its not a rule.

I have contacted the HO via e-mail to inform them about planned non-urgent but inevitable traveling plan ( huge family event) in late may but no reply from them yet.

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:08 am

adolma999 wrote:I reckon its very variable, depends on case being straightforward or not. So far we know that at least two ppl on this forum got their RC from applications done in Dec 2009 and at least one from Jan 2010. But its not a rule.

I have contacted the HO via e-mail to inform them about planned non-urgent but inevitable traveling plan ( huge family event) in late may but no reply from them yet.
It was a lot more than 2 in fairness

P&T

Post by P&T » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:32 am

Doesntcompute thats very true!

In fact to keep the forum updated and hopeful these are the names of the latest successful EEA2 applicants on this particular forum who received their EEA2 within the 6 month time frame:
Forza, Doesntcompute, Wet, Hunpak, Jsukyn and Fagerland.

So lets keep the faith people :) !

Regards,

P&T