ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dadoctor
Newly Registered

Post by dadoctor » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:51 am

ziqbal_2000 wrote:
dadoctor wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:I applied on 18th March and have not received any decision yet. I was told by HO yesterday over phone that my application waiting consideration .... how is everybody else doing who applied around 18 March ......
I applied on 16/03. Still waiting. Was told on phone that its awaiting allocation to caseworker. So relax (I know it can be hard). They must be busy this month.
Hi dadoctor, have you got any update?
Yes I rang them yesterday. Its still going through initial checks and security. I am not going to ring for another week or so.

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:29 am

Just a quick update on my passport application. Rang IPS yesterday and spoke to a chap who didn't seem to have as much detail on his system as the previous chap I spoke to.

Basically I said I rang and was told it was awaiting an examiner which would take 2 days. He just mentioned that he can see that it hasn't gone to process/printing yet. I asked if it is showing whether an examiner had already taken a look at it and sent out a letter and he didn't seem to know. He just said he would think that it would get sent in the next couple of days and should I not receive an interview letter by tomorrow to ring them again.

I think the standard and quality of answers we seem to get from IPS depends from person to person. The first person I spoke to was thorough and gave me details of every step its gone through - even telling me that the Durham office was dealing with it. The second person sounded like he was making much of the information up!

pinklover
Newly Registered

Post by pinklover » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:57 pm

I'm similar boat as freddforg, I submitted my passport application via Check and Send on 8 April and I just received my support documents back today. Still haven't heard anything about my interview.

I know that they've made a search on my credit file on 14 April as I get alerts for any changes on my files due to my debt problem as mentioned from my previous post..now just hope my debts won't affect the application.

I might just wait after this week to contact if I haven't heard from them.

krimith

Post by krimith » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:47 pm

krimith wrote:
yarons wrote:
krimith wrote:yarons or any other member can give me answer plz if solicitor threw i apply nationality app so who recevied akn letter :roll:
The person who is representing you will receive the acknowledgement letter and the decision letter.
thank you yarons but i got one more question in other post

yarons my lawyer not received aknowledgement letter can i ask UK BOADER AGENCY for my application akn letter

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Ceremony

Post by f2k » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:13 pm

AmaLondon wrote:Hi guys.
Received my letter of approval for citizenship. On the letter it says that I should be receiving a second letter which will let me know when my ceremony will be. It also says NOT to call council to make appointment until I receive this second letter.

What I wanted to do now is call and find a council for a private ceremony so as I just get this done as soon as, because I am assuming all this second letter is going to be is a date for a ceremony thats going to be too far meaning I am going to be calling a council in any case.

So guys, what is the second letter all about and will I even need this if I am doing my private ceremony? Should I go ahead and call for private ceremony without second letter??? Or am I just been naughty???

p.s. Been waiting for second letter since the 12th of this month

AmaLondon
Phone your local council. If they say anything about the second just tell them that because it has been so long you fear the letter may have been lost in the post

yarons

Post by yarons » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:07 pm

krimith wrote:
krimith wrote:
yarons wrote:
krimith wrote:yarons or any other member can give me answer plz if solicitor threw i apply nationality app so who recevied akn letter :roll:
The person who is representing you will receive the acknowledgement letter and the decision letter.
thank you yarons but i got one more question in other post

yarons my lawyer not received aknowledgement letter can i ask UK BOADER AGENCY for my application akn letter
You can call them and say that you want to confirm they have received your application which is basically what the ack letter will say.

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:21 pm

pinklover wrote:I'm similar boat as freddforg, I submitted my passport application via Check and Send on 8 April and I just received my support documents back today. Still haven't heard anything about my interview.

I know that they've made a search on my credit file on 14 April as I get alerts for any changes on my files due to my debt problem as mentioned from my previous post..now just hope my debts won't affect the application.

I might just wait after this week to contact if I haven't heard from them.
Sent mine off the exact same day! :) Got home today and no sign of my supporting documentation yet. I'll give them another buzz tomorrow and post here with an update. Please keep us updated with any developments at your end.

The other bloke did say that it's busy time of the year and all that but I just want to know when I can book my interview for.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:51 pm

kindley wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
yarons wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Good to hear this update. Your journey is almost over. Hopefully you will recieve your passport in 4/5 days after interview.

When did IPS send back your supporting docs ( Old passport+etc )? Is it with interview invitation letter?

Wish you good luck :D
Thanks Tim. I have received the invitation letter on Saturday and immediately rang to set an interview. My supporting docs haven't arrived yet.

Something worth mentioning: I called IPS a week after I sent the application and the response was "we have it and it's currently awaiting an examiner". Since then I called every 2 days to check and got more or less the same answer, I was also asked to call in a week to check again. Last time I called was last Wednesday and a lady there gave me the same answer so I said "Ok, I'll call again in a couple of days". Her response was surprising, she said she would give it more than a couple of days as it will probably take longer and the more I contact them the more I delay the application since it's my first passport.
She was obviously wrong as I got my letter 3 days after that so had I called Thur or Fri I would probably would have given the reference number over the phone.

Not sure why she said that the more I call the slower the application would be but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Yarons! How was your passport interview? What did they ask?

I double checked the issue with IPS you highlighted before. They said Passport applications processing unit is seprate from telephone enquiry unit. If applicant make a telephone enquiry regarding application it does not delays application process as processing unit dont know about telephone enquiry.

I submitted my application on last thursday ( check and send ). I rang IPS today they did not find my details as yet on application reference number provided. Is it normal or IPS takes 4/5 days after submission to update their system? Once you sent your application, within how many days you rang IPS and find they have your application?

Regards,
Hello Tim,

Have you any updates regarding your passport application?

Regards
Hi Kindley,

I rang IPS today. They said my application is under examination. They sent me a letter today ( hopefully I'll recieve it in couple of days ) where they are requesting to sent them a reference letter from my bank confirming my last 3 years addresses.

Its strange. I'm just wondering Why do they need a confirmation letter from my bank regarding last 3 years addresses?

Do you guys experience such type of thing during your passport application?

Regards,
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

yarons

Post by yarons » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:23 am

My journey is now over. Final update below.

Thanks to everyone for your support. This forum has been great.

I'll stick around to see some people trough their final steps of the journey and help as much as I can.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================
Method: Immigration agency
Date of Submission: 23/02/2010
CRITERIA: 5 Years WP+HSMP (3+2) + 1 Year ILR
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 05/03/2010. Dated 26/02/2010
Date UKBA made a Decision: 16/03/2010
Date of receipt of Approval: 25/03/2010 (letter dated 17/03)
Date of ceremony: 29/03/2010 (Private)

PASSPORT TIMELINE:
====================
Date of application: 30/03/2010
Method: Check&Send
Date received by IPS: 31/03/2010 (Newport office)
Interview date: 19/04/2010
Date of receipt of Passport: 22/04/2010

nyameye

Congratulations

Post by nyameye » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:09 pm

[quote="yarons"]My journey is now over. Final update below.

Thanks to everyone for your support. This forum has been great.

I'll stick around to see some people trough their final steps of the journey and help as much as I can.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================
Method: Immigration agency
Date of Submission: 23/02/2010
CRITERIA: 5 Years WP+HSMP (3+2) + 1 Year ILR
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 05/03/2010. Dated 26/02/2010
Date UKBA made a Decision: 16/03/2010
Date of receipt of Approval: 25/03/2010 (letter dated 17/03)
Date of ceremony: 29/03/2010 (Private)

PASSPORT TIMELINE:
====================
Date of application: 30/03/2010
Method: Check&Send
Date received by IPS: 31/03/2010 (Newport office)
Interview date: 19/04/2010
Date of receipt of Passport: 22/04/2010[/quote]

Congratulations on your final journey.

kindley

Post by kindley » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:27 pm

hello Tim,

i think you should contact your bank since you already know the content of the letter?

Tim555 wrote:
kindley wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
yarons wrote:
Good to hear this update. Your journey is almost over. Hopefully you will recieve your passport in 4/5 days after interview.

When did IPS send back your supporting docs ( Old passport+etc )? Is it with interview invitation letter?

Wish you good luck :D
Thanks Tim. I have received the invitation letter on Saturday and immediately rang to set an interview. My supporting docs haven't arrived yet.

Something worth mentioning: I called IPS a week after I sent the application and the response was "we have it and it's currently awaiting an examiner". Since then I called every 2 days to check and got more or less the same answer, I was also asked to call in a week to check again. Last time I called was last Wednesday and a lady there gave me the same answer so I said "Ok, I'll call again in a couple of days". Her response was surprising, she said she would give it more than a couple of days as it will probably take longer and the more I contact them the more I delay the application since it's my first passport.
She was obviously wrong as I got my letter 3 days after that so had I called Thur or Fri I would probably would have given the reference number over the phone.

Not sure why she said that the more I call the slower the application would be but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I double checked the issue with IPS you highlighted before. They said Passport applications processing unit is seprate from telephone enquiry unit. If applicant make a telephone enquiry regarding application it does not delays application process as processing unit dont know about telephone enquiry.

I submitted my application on last thursday ( check and send ). I rang IPS today they did not find my details as yet on application reference number provided. Is it normal or IPS takes 4/5 days after submission to update their system? Once you sent your application, within how many days you rang IPS and find they have your application?

Regards,
Hello Tim,

Regards
Hi Kindley,

I rang IPS today. They said my application is under examination. They sent me a letter today ( hopefully I'll recieve it in couple of days ) where they are requesting to sent them a reference letter from my bank confirming my last 3 years addresses.

Its strange. I'm just wondering Why do they need a confirmation letter from my bank regarding last 3 years addresses?

Regards,[/quote]
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

pinklover
Newly Registered

Post by pinklover » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Received interview letter today! Just rang and book it for next Tuesday 27 April..hopefully the end of my journey won't be too long away! :P

krimith

Post by krimith » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:21 pm

MPH80 wrote:NCS or Postal : NCS - Aylesbury (Bucks CC)
Date of submission or posting : 31/03/2010
Date recieved by HO: 01/04/2010
CRITERIA: 3 Years resident + spouse
Date of debit of Card : 09/04/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 09/04/2010 (letter received 14/04/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : Pending
mph80 any new updates my one I recevied aknowledgement today same date apply 31/03/2010 and rec app.1/04/2010

shekel

Post by shekel » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:14 pm

krimith wrote:
MPH80 wrote:NCS or Postal : NCS - Aylesbury (Bucks CC)
Date of submission or posting : 31/03/2010
Date recieved by HO: 01/04/2010
CRITERIA: 3 Years resident + spouse
Date of debit of Card : 09/04/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 09/04/2010 (letter received 14/04/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : Pending
mph80 any new updates my one I recevied aknowledgement today same date apply 31/03/2010 and rec app.1/04/2010
krimh - you got ack or approval?

Ramy90

Post by Ramy90 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:28 pm

Tim555 wrote:
kindley wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
yarons wrote:

Regards,
Hello Tim,

Regards
Hi Kindley,

Regards,
Hi all,

my friend had very messy address history he sill got away with it and they didnt even ask him for any reference, he was on debt as well and it didn't cause him any damage. it really stupid that the home office give ILR and then neutralize someone, then at the final stage of getting a passport they start checking of address history or bank debt. Anyway will you luck.

krimith

Post by krimith » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:30 pm

shekel, just aknowldgement letter not approval letter

shekel

Post by shekel » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:11 pm

krimith wrote:shekel, just aknowldgement letter not approval letter
What was the date on the ack? Its impossible it took them 3 weeks to issue one

krimith

Post by krimith » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:19 pm

shekel wrote:
krimith wrote:shekel, just aknowldgement letter not approval letter
What was the date on the ack? Its impossible it took them 3 weeks to issue one
thats true because my account money debited 13th april and they send a acknol letter to my lawyer he recevied on 16th april but he sending me yestarday and today i recevied thats why

R-

Post by R- » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:33 am

Hello All

Seems like most of you have received an approval letter first and then an invitation letter to book for the ceremony. However, in my case, I received just the 'invitation letter' which states that my application has been successful and that I now have to book a ceremony.

Any one else received just 1 letter? or probably my appoval letter got lost in the post :s

krimith

Post by krimith » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:54 pm

R- wrote:Hello All

Seems like most of you have received an approval letter first and then an invitation letter to book for the ceremony. However, in my case, I received just the 'invitation letter' which states that my application has been successful and that I now have to book a ceremony.

Any one else received just 1 letter? or probably my appoval letter got lost in the post :s
you applied via solicitor or ncs and which date you applied

R-

Post by R- » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:02 pm

krimith wrote:

you applied via solicitor or ncs and which date you applied
I applied via the NCS on the 16th of March and received my 'invitation letter/letter of approval' on the 17th of April.

R-

Post by R- » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:35 pm

when did you apply krimith?

it seems like the average waiting time is around 4-5 weeks. As long as you meet all the criteria (no convictions/no of days outside the uk/etc etc), it's a fairly straight forward process and hopefully you'll get to hear from them soon.

krimith

Post by krimith » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:50 pm

R- wrote:when did you apply krimith?

it seems like the average waiting time is around 4-5 weeks. As long as you meet all the criteria (no convictions/no of days outside the uk/etc etc), it's a fairly straight forward process and hopefully you'll get to hear from them soon.
i applied on 1st of april via solictor and my lawyer recevied acknowl letter 16th april but he send me 21st april

Hesham
Newly Registered

Post by Hesham » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:20 pm

R-
Was your application single or family. I have family application submitted 8th March and no news yet!!!!!
I hope you see this and could reply. Thanks

R-

Post by R- » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:38 pm

Hello Hesham

It was a family application and I submitted it via the NCS. Have you submitted your application via the NCS as well? If not I suppose it might probably take a bit longer for the to go through the paper work & initial checks.

I know you're worried but it all depends when your application is passed on to a case worker to be dealt with. All you have to do is be patient and I'm sure you'll receive the good news in the post in the coming days.