ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dadoctor
Newly Registered

Post by dadoctor » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:53 pm

R- wrote:when did you apply krimith?

it seems like the average waiting time is around 4-5 weeks. As long as you meet all the criteria (no convictions/no of days outside the uk/etc etc), it's a fairly straight forward process and hopefully you'll get to hear from them soon.
I applied via NCS on 16/03 and it was single application. My application is straightforward (no convictions etc). I still havent heard anything. Last time I rang them was around 21/04 and it was still in the initial checks. So I dont think everyone should start thinking that there is something wrong with the application. It can take a bit of a time. The guy at UKBA told me that they do 99% applications in 12 weeks.
What we get here on this site is a minor proportion of thousands of applications around the time everyone has applied. So dont consider this 4-5 weeks time period to be absolute in straightforward applications. Some people get the checks quicker than others.
Hope this reassurance helps everyone.

R-

Post by R- » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:15 pm

dadoctor wrote:

it seems like the average waiting time is around 4-5 weeks. As long as you meet all the criteria (no convictions/no of days outside the uk/etc etc), it's a fairly straight forward process and hopefully you'll get to hear from them soon.
I applied via NCS on 16/03 and it was single application. My application is straightforward (no convictions etc). I still havent heard anything. Last time I rang them was around 21/04 and it was still in the initial checks. So I dont think everyone should start thinking that there is something wrong with the application. It can take a bit of a time. The guy at UKBA told me that they do 99% applications in 12 weeks.
What we get here on this site is a minor proportion of thousands of applications around the time everyone has applied. So dont consider this 4-5 weeks time period to be absolute in straightforward applications. Some people get the checks quicker than others.
BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA.......

Note the term used: 'AVERAGE WAITING TIME'....

dadoctor
Newly Registered

Post by dadoctor » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:38 pm

R- wrote:
dadoctor wrote:

Dear R
First of all congratulations on getting your nationality application approved. I didnt mean to contradict you. It was nothing personal against you. I am sorry if It came across like that. I was only trying to give my opinion on the situation.
Hope its all cool now.

R-

Post by R- » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:46 pm

dadoctor wrote:
R- wrote:
dadoctor wrote:

Dear R
First of all congratulations on getting your nationality application approved. I didnt mean to contradict you. It was nothing personal against you. I am sorry if It came across like that. I was only trying to give my opinion on the situation.
Hope its all cool now.
Peace and Love.. R- HUGS dadoctor

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:27 am

Ramy90 wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
kindley wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Yarons! How was your passport interview? What did they ask?

I double checked the issue with IPS you highlighted before. They said Passport applications processing unit is seprate from telephone enquiry unit. If applicant make a telephone enquiry regarding application it does not delays application process as processing unit dont know about telephone enquiry.

I submitted my application on last thursday ( check and send ). I rang IPS today they did not find my details as yet on application reference number provided. Is it normal or IPS takes 4/5 days after submission to update their system? Once you sent your application, within how many days you rang IPS and find they have your application?

Regards,
Hello Tim,

Have you any updates regarding your passport application?

Regards
Hi Kindley,

I rang IPS today. They said my application is under examination. They sent me a letter today ( hopefully I'll recieve it in couple of days ) where they are requesting to sent them a reference letter from my bank confirming my last 3 years addresses.

Its strange. I'm just wondering Why do they need a confirmation letter from my bank regarding last 3 years addresses?

Do you guys experience such type of thing during your passport application?

Regards,
Hi all,

my friend had very messy address history he sill got away with it and they didnt even ask him for any reference, he was on debt as well and it didn't cause him any damage. it really stupid that the home office give ILR and then neutralize someone, then at the final stage of getting a passport they start checking of address history or bank debt. Anyway will you luck.
Hi Ramy90,

Thanks for feedback.
I'm 110% agree. Right at final stage of passport they start checking address history and banking stuff. Its just wastage of time. Today I got letter sent by IPS. All they were requesting to confirm my present address by my bank/gp/employer/landlord/dentist or local council. They are not accepting any bank statement or utility bill as prove of address. Very weird.

Luckily the person who sent letter mentioned his contact number on letter. I rang him and discussed further. He advised to send over tenant agreement so I did today. Game is not over yet. They might send other fussy stuff. By the way I've been very nice banks/credit cards etc. Never got any type of loan or hit overdraft.

They might send interview letter in couple of days. I'm just compromising patiently with IPS. Elephant is now out of mud, just tail remains in hahah :P .

Hope for the best. Good luck to all.

Regards,
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:35 am

yarons wrote:My journey is now over. Final update below.

Thanks to everyone for your support. This forum has been great.

I'll stick around to see some people trough their final steps of the journey and help as much as I can.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================
Method: Immigration agency
Date of Submission: 23/02/2010
CRITERIA: 5 Years WP+HSMP (3+2) + 1 Year ILR
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 05/03/2010. Dated 26/02/2010
Date UKBA made a Decision: 16/03/2010
Date of receipt of Approval: 25/03/2010 (letter dated 17/03)
Date of ceremony: 29/03/2010 (Private)

PASSPORT TIMELINE:
====================
Date of application: 30/03/2010
Method: Check&Send
Date received by IPS: 31/03/2010 (Newport office)
Interview date: 19/04/2010
Date of receipt of Passport: 22/04/2010
Congrats Yarons, that's fantastic news - it's been quite a journey and I'm sure it's all worth it now!

Just another update. Rang yesterday and got a nice chap who seemed to know what he was doing. He checked the status and said it was good news that the examiner has checked the application and they will be sending out the interview letter. Furthermore, he said that he can provide me with the ref no. there and then so I can book it.

Rang IPS interview booking line and got an interview slot for this coming Tues 27th in the morning! Hopefully it's all straightforward and I will receive my passport a few days after. I reckon the passport has probably already been printed and the interview is just an extra check to make sure that you are who you say you are before releasing it.

Will update again on Tuesday!

mccauleysa
Newly Registered

Post by mccauleysa » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:15 pm

NCS application: Aylesbury 24.03
Approval letter dated 16.04
Approval letter received 24.04

Problem is I requested a ceremony in Aylesbury, they did not do this and now I have to go to Harrow to do it. Don't understand why they cant just get it right. I have to do my job of filling out the form correctly, why cant they do theirs. Damn irritating!

shekel

Post by shekel » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:04 pm

mccauleysa wrote:NCS application: Aylesbury 24.03

Problem is I requested a ceremony in Aylesbury, they did not do this and now I have to go to Harrow to do it. Don't understand why they cant just get it right. I have to do my job of filling out the form correctly, why cant they do theirs. Damn irritating!
What was the basis for your application ? HSMP + ILR?

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:03 am

shekel wrote:

Congratulation ..... I applied on 18 March but no response so far. Was your a single application or joint application?

mccauleysa
Newly Registered

Post by mccauleysa » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:21 am

my application was a single application, made on the basis of HSMP and 1 year ILR. Was very quick, basically only took 3 weeks from time of arrival at home office to approval letter being dated. Still not happy about the fact that they have put Harrow as the place where I have to have the ceremony though. I have no idea why as Harrow is miles away from where I live, not even in the same county. Any one got any ideas why they have done this??

mccauleysa
Newly Registered

Post by mccauleysa » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:32 am

R- wrote:Hello All

Seems like most of you have received an approval letter first and then an invitation letter to book for the ceremony. However, in my case, I received just the 'invitation letter' which states that my application has been successful and that I now have to book a ceremony.

Any one else received just 1 letter? or probably my appoval letter got lost in the post :s
I got the same, just one letter saying it had been approved and that I should contact the council below to book a ceremony.

nao

Post by nao » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:58 pm

I got the approved letter!!

NCS or Postal : NCS Wandsworth
Date of submission or posting : Mar 20, 2010
CRITERIA - married and 6yr ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : Mar 29, 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : Mar 29, 2010
Date of receipt of approval : ?????<-----what is this ?got only invitation !!
Date of receipt of invitations : Apr 14 2010
Date of Ceremony : pending
Date of appln. for passport : pending
Date of Receipt : pending

Now I have a question, my country does not allow to have dual, but I have a holiday booked from 9th May to one week.
If I attend the ceremony, technically I will be a British on the day of the ceremony right ?
would it be a problem to attend the ceremony before the holiday and go to the holiday with my old passport which is invalid technically.
the reason is that I would like to get the British passport a.s.a.p so It would be good to get done the ceremony and apply for the British passport before the holiday...because it seems to take sometime to have a passport interview?
and finally I certainly put my ceremony to be taken place at Brent but on the letter shows my local county.
what should i do ? should I call the county and tell them that I would like to do in Brent ?
Please advise

anyway Big Thanks for you guys on this forum, you helped me a lot!!!
I hope yours will be on your hand very soon!!

Ramy90

Post by Ramy90 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:23 am

Sometimes they get it wrong, they send the approval letter to the council where you made your application not the one you have put in the application form.
I think if you call that council you might be able to ask them to send your certificate to the council you want and have your ceremony there.

shekel

Post by shekel » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:35 pm

ziqbal_2000 wrote:
shekel wrote:

Congratulation ..... I applied on 18 March but no response so far. Was your a single application or joint application?
Ziqbal - Did you call them recently for an update? Was yours HSMP application?

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:43 pm

shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:
shekel wrote:

I tried calling them today but was not able to get through. Lines were engaged whole of the day. I am on HSMP plus back dated ILR

shekel

Post by shekel » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:01 pm

ziqbal_2000 wrote:
shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:
shekel wrote:
I tried calling them today but was not able to get through. Lines were engaged whole of the day. I am on HSMP plus back dated ILR
Try 9:00AM sharp, they always answer immediately

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:37 pm

shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:
shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:
Try 9:00AM sharp, they always answer immediately
I will try in the morning and will update

kindley

Post by kindley » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:38 pm

Tim,

Any updates yet? You manage to send them the info they requested?

Regards
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

shekel

Post by shekel » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:20 am

ziqbal_2000 wrote: I will try in the morning and will update
I called for mine, was received by them on 22/March (money taken only on 9/April, since i had to resubmit the payment), still awaiting consideration.

Hesham
Newly Registered

Post by Hesham » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:25 am

I am more worried now, Family application received 10th March from Sheffiels NCS. I called today to be told awaiting processing. Any body else waiting from that long. Thanks

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:31 am

I called today morning and got the same answer, awaiting consideration .... I called three weeks before and I was told same thing as well. My application was received at HO on 19 March

Hesham
Newly Registered

Post by Hesham » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:04 am

They took the money, she said my application was awaiting to be processed my be she meant awaiting allocation to a case worker.

shekel

Post by shekel » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:33 am

Hesham wrote:They took the money, she said my application was awaiting to be processed my be she meant awaiting allocation to a case worker.
Yeah probably we all are waiting for case worker

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:18 am

I personally think it's gonna be long time before we hear anything from HO. My personal interpretation of "waiting consideration" is waiting for initial checks to be done. So it means that my application has not been touched yet even after passing six weeks and some of the people who applied after us have already received their approvals. It looks bit strange, on one side they say that they are processing applications in date order and people waiting for over six weeks and on other side we see people getting responses in 3-4 weeks time.

But that's home office, can not do anything about that apart from taking stress and waiting .......... good luck

dadoctor
Newly Registered

Post by dadoctor » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:54 pm

shekel wrote:
Hesham wrote:They took the money, she said my application was awaiting to be processed my be she meant awaiting allocation to a case worker.
Yeah probably we all are waiting for case worker
Guys. I too havent heard anything yet. I applied on 16/03. single applicant. I was told 4 weeks ago, its awaiting allocation to caseworker.
Same today. Still awaiting allocation.
My experience of the whole process so far is that they are busy and it takes extra checks for people belonging to certain nations e.g security checks etc (I may be wrong, but this is my impression)
so you are not the only 1!