ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gross and Net Salary

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rao_Bang

Gross and Net Salary

Post by Rao_Bang » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:46 am

Hi Gurus,

Please give me your suggestions for this

Salary slips are showing Gross salary and Net Salary also.
But Bank statments are showing Net Salary only.

How it will satisfy 2 proofs for Gross salary from two different sources?

Please clarify me.

Regards
Rao

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:47 pm

You dont need to prove 2Sources for GROSS Salary.. NET Salary is fine.. so your payslips and bankstatements are enough

robbyuk

Post by robbyuk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Hello Friends,

Just to clarify - Why do we need to show bank statements for salary proofs? Can't we only produce salary slips for salary proofs?

Thanks in advance!
Robby

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:37 pm

robbyuk wrote:Hello Friends,

Just to clarify - Why do we need to show bank statements for salary proofs? Can't we only produce salary slips for salary proofs?

Thanks in advance!
Robby
You need to go through the policy guidance.

It clearly states that each source of income should be proved by proofs from two different sources. So, the best combination is payslips and bank statements.

robbyuk

Post by robbyuk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:26 pm

Thanks Aruni, but the figures wouldn't match as the bank statement will only show net salary but I would have shown the gross salary.
wouldn't it be a problem?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:39 pm

robbyuk wrote:Thanks Aruni, but the figures wouldn't match as the bank statement will only show net salary but I would have shown the gross salary.
wouldn't it be a problem?
That is not a problem. Your pay slip will clearly show the gross and net and that net should match the bank statements. Though the bank statements do not prove your gross, they match with the net salary. The case workers are aware of the tax system and they can do the math. They ask for proofs from 2 different sources to make sure the income is genuine. Creating payslips is no big deal. :)

robbyuk

Post by robbyuk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:02 pm

Thanks Aruni.

You are a star!!!

One more thing - actually, I have another thread for it, but, as of now, I haven't got any responses for the same.

My query is regarding earnings...

I have a component of my earnings for which I do not get a monthly payment advise or a payslip. That component is mentioned in my Job contract letter, though.

Moreover, this component also doesn't come to my bank account. To give you a detailed picture, following is the description:

Total allotted HRA component: 1200 pounds
Say, my expenditure is 500 pounds, so, I get 500 pounds reimbursed from 1200. The balance amount of 700 will be given to me after taxes only when my assignment ends. It means, I do not get it paid on a monthly basis, instead, it'll be paid to me only when my assignment ends.

Can you please tell me how can I show this component to claim points for earnings?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:11 pm

robbyuk wrote:Thanks Aruni.

You are a star!!!

One more thing - actually, I have another thread for it, but, as of now, I haven't got any responses for the same.

My query is regarding earnings...

I have a component of my earnings for which I do not get a monthly payment advise or a payslip. That component is mentioned in my Job contract letter, though.

Moreover, this component also doesn't come to my bank account. To give you a detailed picture, following is the description:

Total allotted HRA component: 1200 pounds
Say, my expenditure is 500 pounds, so, I get 500 pounds reimbursed from 1200. The balance amount of 700 will be given to me after taxes only when my assignment ends. It means, I do not get it paid on a monthly basis, instead, it'll be paid to me only when my assignment ends.

Can you please tell me how can I show this component to claim points for earnings?
You can only claim income that you can prove. If you cannot prove it now, you will not be able to claim it. However, once you are paid that amount and you have proof of it then you can claim it. For now I am afraid you will not be able to claim it.