ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Visa Stamped , What to do next?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JustGotHSMP

HSMP Visa Stamped , What to do next?

Post by JustGotHSMP » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:04 pm

Hi All,

I got my HSMP Visa stamped today along with my husband and daughter. I plan to leave to UK in Mid June 2010.

What I have to do when I land in UK,any documents needed?

What health benefits can be claimed and that not come under "Recourse to Public Fund". My husband is diabetic , what medical facilities he can avail if any?

What will happen about the education of my child?

Regards

JustGotMyHSMPVisa

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Visa Stamped , What to do next?

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:40 pm

JustGotHSMP wrote:Hi All,

I got my HSMP Visa stamped today along with my husband and daughter. I plan to leave to UK in Mid June 2010.

Carry all the documents you used to get your visa in your cabin luggage, they might get handy at immigration desk. Get a TB X-ray if possible.

What health benefits can be claimed and that not come under "Recourse to Public Fund". My husband is diabetic , what medical facilities he can avail if any?

You can register at GP and will get primary care free of charge (you will have to pay for medicines though, if under 16 medicines are also free). You will get free NHS hospital treatment once you start working.

Education is free in state-funded schools and there are also some private schools if you can afford them.

Regards

JustGotMyHSMPVisa

GETMEIN

Post by GETMEIN » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:10 pm

I got my HSMP Visa stamped today along with my husband and daughter. I plan to leave to UK in Mid June 2010
There is no HSMP anymore. It must be Tier 1 visa. Huge difference between HSMP and Tier 1 for the current rules.

Congratulations anyway

JustGotHSMP

Post by JustGotHSMP » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:38 am

Thanks for wishes, such a wonderful forum.

Whats the cost of living in UK( accommodation, food and traveling) I plan to go to slough?

How much minimum money to bring with me as told earlier we are three members)?

I am in Pakistan and what important luggage should I bring to avoid the buying everything after landing in UK to reduce the initial spending.

Regards

JustGotHSMPVisa

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Visa Stamped , What to do next?

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:47 am

JustGotHSMP wrote:Hi All,

Regards

Start looking for work otherwise thsese facilities will not enough for survival
JustGotMyHSMPVisa

JustGotHSMP

Post by JustGotHSMP » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:41 pm

I have started to apply for the jobs online.

At present I am in Pakistan . Is it possible to find a job in UK while being present in Pakistan.

Whats the cost of living in UK( accommodation, food and traveling) I plan to go to slough?

How much minimum money to bring with me as told earlier we are three members)?

I am in Pakistan and what important luggage should I bring to avoid the buying everything after landing in UK to reduce the initial spending.
I need forum members advise regarding these.

JustGotHSMP

Post by JustGotHSMP » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:58 pm

Certain queries,

1) Is it possible to get a job in UK without being physically present.

2) Again we are three family members and plan to leave together. Please tell me how much minimum money to take with me?

3) My passport is expiring in Aug 2010, should I renew it here in Pakistan or from the UK ? Whats the procedure to renew a Pakistani passport in UK?

4) On my passport its written TYPE "Visa Highly Skilled Migrant Programme"

will be extremely thankful for the answers

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Post by muditmalhotra » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:07 pm

congrats :)

mpabbasi1
Newly Registered

Post by mpabbasi1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:07 pm

congrats justgothsmp for getting visa.i just wana know how long it take ur application to get processed and which visa centre u applied because i did apply for tier 1 in march 2010 from islamabad and waiting for decision.thanks

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:54 am

where in pakistan r u from HSMP? i have also got my tier 1 yesterday and planning to move there i na month or so

JustGotHSMP

Post by JustGotHSMP » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:10 am

Previous queries still unanswered.

Certain queries can someone answer these

Can I carry my Laptop to UK? As its a refurbished one and using pirated Windows and Office? Is the voltage same as i Pakistan

What luggage to carry with us ? I mean to say clothes utencils , household items.

What immediate steps are needed when landing in UK?

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:08 pm

JustGotHSMP wrote:Certain queries,

1) Is it possible to get a job in UK without being physically present.

It is bit difficult but not impossible.

2) Again we are three family members and plan to leave together. Please tell me how much minimum money to take with me?

I really depands on job. If you find a job as soon as you arrive ( Inshallah ) than you need less money to bring with you. If it takes time to find job than you need a reasonable amount to survive. Are you staying with your friends or relative in UK or by your own?

3) My passport is expiring in Aug 2010, should I renew it here in Pakistan or from the UK ? Whats the procedure to renew a Pakistani passport in UK?

You can renew your Pakistani Passport from UK. Its not a problem.

4) On my passport its written TYPE "Visa Highly Skilled Migrant Programme"

May I ask you your profession in Pakistan? Do you have any work experience? If so, what specific field?

will be extremely thankful for the answers
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:14 pm

JustGotHSMP wrote:Previous queries still unanswered.

Certain queries can someone answer these

Can I carry my Laptop to UK? As its a refurbished one and using pirated Windows and Office? Is the voltage same as i Pakistan

Yes you can carry your Laptop to UK. Yes it is same voltage. You can use it overhere.

What luggage to carry with us ? I mean to say clothes utencils , household items.

It really depands on you. Clothes are quite cheap to buy from here. I guess carry reasonable cloths.

What immediate steps are needed when landing in UK?
Immediate step after landing is to fill in the immigration card. All those who have non-british/ec passports, fill immigration card. Where you provide you details like your passport number, issue date, expiry date, date of birth, your UK address ( most important, you must have UK address, where you gonna stay ) and country you comeing from, flight number etc.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.