ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calling all those who have applied in past 3 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajmanda
Newly Registered

Good News

Post by rajmanda » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi,

I have got my hsmp today evening
Visa Applied: 31/12/09
Reached HO: 04/01/2010
Fee Deducted: 06/01/2010
Ref No Received: 08/01/2010
Approved: 25/01/2010
Papers Received: 28/10/2010

Thanks
Raj

mavidak
Newly Registered

Re: approval

Post by mavidak » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:18 am

sandeepvk wrote:Hi All,

I got my Visa approval today (HSMP to Tier 1 extension) . I have been a silent reader of this forum. My timeline is below
Current visa expires: Jan 02, 2010
Date Applied/Docs sent: November 16
Date Docs reached HO: November 17
Date Payment Deducted: November 19
Acknowledgement letter: November 23
Date Approved: December 11
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: December 19

Result & VISA stamped: Approved, new expiry Jan 02, 2013

I had not kept the self addressed envelope. So the documents came through signed for post. It was a nightmare waiting for this as my application had some issues. I am a contractor operating through a limited company. During the initial months of company formation, I had withdrawn Salary and Dividends as 2 or 3 payments each month. In one month I took more salary than what my accountant calculated. This was reduced from the dividend taken. My payslips and dividend vouchers show only one amount for each month. Everything was a real mess. I explained this in the covering letter in tabular form. Added my comments to each payment and made it clear. I think this helped as otherwise the caseworker would have been really confused. I would be glad to help anyone who is in a similar situation. Please send me a message if you need help as I wouldn't be visiting the forumn everyday.

Good luck to all who are still waiting.
Hello,

Sandeep, I'm in a similar situation, could you pls help me out..can i have you contact no. mine is 9845861744, email mavirdak@yahoo.co.in

mahajanvivek

Post by mahajanvivek » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:24 am

Got my visa stamped today

Timelines

Application Submitted online - 7th Jan
Fees Deducted --- 7th Jan (as application was made online and sent to Canberra)
Biometrics Done - 8th Jan
Application sent to International Mail centre - 11th Jan
International Mail Center received the application - 12th Jan

Acknowledgement by email -21 Jan (They wanted more documents)

Documents sent again- 22nd Jan
Documents received by HO - 26th Jan
Visa Stamped - I had asked for 1st march so it is stamped for 1/03/2010 and vailid till : 01/03/2013

They didnt send me any letter saying that visa is approved just got the passport with my documents. The visa says Tier 1 migrant (general) -- VAF NO : xxx and no recourse of public funds and no employement as a doctor in training.

Do they normally send any approval letter or just the passport is enough as documentation.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:34 am

mahajanvivek wrote: They didnt send me any letter saying that visa is approved just got the passport with my documents. The visa says Tier 1 migrant (general) -- VAF NO : xxx and no recourse of public funds and no employement as a doctor in training.

Do they normally send any approval letter or just the passport is enough as documentation.
Congrats mate...

These sending of letter along with approval is common Within UK and not out of UK as we heard from all applicants from India not getting letters.. dont worry.. as long as you have got the visa in ur passport with correct details.. you are good to go..

mahajanvivek

Post by mahajanvivek » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:40 am

Thanks Ramesh for clearing that. I was just wondering and felt a bit odd that they havent sent any letter saying that your visa has been approved. I hope the Border COntrol dont ask for approval letter.

sumitra219
Newly Registered

Post by sumitra219 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Hello All,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 General in last week of Feb'10 and have some queries regarding application:

1. enlish language assessment: i did not take any IELTS or TOEFL but my degree is taught in English. I have NARIC comparison letter saying that both my Masters and Bachelors degree are comparable to British degrees. And I have a letter from my University that the medium of instruction is in English.

Now my question is: Do I need a NARIC English Language Assessment letter seperately? Or what documents would suffice? Please suggest.

2. My spouse would be joining me 6 months or a bit later after I go there and settle. In the VAF9 application what should I mention for
Part 5a - under 5.1.
5.1 Is your partner accompanying you or joining later? If they are travelling later please provide their date of travel in Part 7. Put a cross (X) in the relevant box.

Yes [ ] No [ ] Not Applicable [ ] - should I check Yes or No ?

And what should I mention in Part 7? I am not applying for my spouse now along with my application...will apply later once i get mine approved.

3. In the above case do I need to show Maintenance Funds only for myself or for my dependent as well? i.e, 2800 Pounds or 2800 + 1600 Pounds?

Regards,
Sumitra

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:45 pm

sumitra219 wrote:Hello All,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 General in last week of Feb'10 and have some queries regarding application:

1. enlish language assessment: i did not take any IELTS or TOEFL but my degree is taught in English. I have NARIC comparison letter saying that both my Masters and Bachelors degree are comparable to British degrees. And I have a letter from my University that the medium of instruction is in English.

Now my question is: Do I need a NARIC English Language Assessment letter seperately? Or what documents would suffice? Please suggest.

- Please check if PBS Calculator gives points for your English, but since NARIC letter says your degrees are comparable to british i think u shd be fine..

2. My spouse would be joining me 6 months or a bit later after I go there and settle. In the VAF9 application what should I mention for
Part 5a - under 5.1.
5.1 Is your partner accompanying you or joining later? If they are travelling later please provide their date of travel in Part 7. Put a cross (X) in the relevant box.

Yes [ ] No [ ] Not Applicable [ ] - should I check Yes or No ?

And what should I mention in Part 7? I am not applying for my spouse now along with my application...will apply later once i get mine approved.

- You can say NO and just give the details of your spouse

3. In the above case do I need to show Maintenance Funds only for myself or for my dependent as well? i.e, 2800 Pounds or 2800 + 1600 Pounds?

- Since you are applying alone and you mentioned your spouse would join u later your maintenance wouldbe 2800£

Regards,
Sumitra

kalps
Newly Registered

Post by kalps » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:21 am

Hi,

1. No, You dont need a seperate NARIC assesmemt letter, if your university was found in the Home Office database. You can self assess from the link given below:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

2.You should check the box NO

The information given above is the best of my knowledge. Hope this helps. :)

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Hi,

I have applied for TIER1 (General) Visa today

Visa Applied: 15/02/2010
Docs Dispatched to BHC: 15/02/2010
Ref No Received: 15/02/2010
Payment Mode: Demand Draft
Status on 20th Feb 2010: Visa application is under process at the British High Commission
VFS Center: New Delhi

Thanks
Shashank
Last edited by smarty1277 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sumitra219
Newly Registered

Post by sumitra219 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:46 am

have one more question on marriage certificate.....

for married people - do we have to submit marriage certificate along with the application even if we are not applying for spouse?

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:01 am

I don't think we have to submit Marriage Certificate if we are applying alone.
"When you rise up, your friends know who you are!!! When you fall down, you know who your friends are!!! "

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:09 am

for married people - do we have to submit marriage certificate along with the application even if we are not applying for spouse?
Not necessary

anandpathak

maintenance fund query - wife wl join later..hw to fill form

Post by anandpathak » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Thanks a lot TVN_Ramesh for replying for my PM about this topic. Wanted to confirm from other folks who applied recently for Tier 1 -general
I am filing my visa next week and maintained only about 3000 ponds in my account for last 3 months.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Pls tel me how did you fill section 5a.Your family .
I am filing tier 1 G next week , should be applicable from May 2010. My wife and kid will join only after few months when i settle fully ..lets say after 3-4 months after filing dependent visa. I have maintained only 2800 pounds till now for my visia filing next week.

Pls suggest wht to write in 5.1 . Is your partner accompanying you or joining later. Yes OR No

I also have 5 month old kid who will join me later. whats should i write in
5.6 Do you have children under 18 accompanying you or joining later..yes/no
5.6 . If yes in 5.6 provide full details about children.

section 7 : Any other details.
In light of details mentioned in section 5 ...should i write something here.

I am little worried and would like to know if selecting "No" and nothing in section 7 , would i jeopardise the probability of getting Tier-1 G dependent visa for my family :(

Wont the ambassy fellow ask me..why you are going alone to UK without your family..and your family wont join you ..

Folks who have applied recently pls suggest

Best Regards
Anand

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: maintenance fund query - wife wl join later..hw to fill

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:07 pm

anandpathak wrote:Thanks a lot TVN_Ramesh for replying for my PM about this topic. Wanted to confirm from other folks who applied recently for Tier 1 -general
I am filing my visa next week and maintained only about 3000 ponds in my account for last 3 months.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Anand, you should be fine follow as suggested..

Amapee2008
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension Time line

Post by Amapee2008 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:03 pm

Visa expiry date: 05 March 2010
Application sent to Home Office: 16/02/10
Fee : Bankers Draft
Reference number Dated: 24/02/10
Still waiting!

mpabbasi1
Newly Registered

tier 1 application

Post by mpabbasi1 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi,

I have applied for TIER1 (General) Visa today

Visa Applied: 10/03/2010
Docs Dispatched to BHC: 10/03/2010
Ref No Received: 10/03/2010
Payment Mode: cash
Status on 10th march: not available
VFS Center: Islamabad

anandpathak

Payment method for Visa fees

Post by anandpathak » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi,
From the UKBA website i understand that for tier 1 General the visa fees if 650 pounds which can be be paid in local currency.The exchange rate pegged by UK embassy in India is 1 GBP=75INR (Revides on 4th March 2009 ) making the current indian equivalent to 51400 rupees. The issue is that after the severe decline of Pound in past few week the actual market rate is near about 1GBP=68Pound. I would like to know if i can submit a demand draft of ICICI bank of 650 pounds directly rather then DD of Rs 51400 thus saving about 5K.

Best Regards
Anand

katanayi
Mood:

Post by katanayi » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:59 am

This is just my wife dependent visa update

Applied on 8th march at VFS Bangalore
got sms same day evening
Got SMS about ur application under process on 5th day sunday!
( This is just gimmick because they are charging 100 RS and all will get sms exactly after 5th day) Laughing
24th March got SMS : your visa application has been processed..bluedart
Today ie 25th March got visa Stamped valid till as mine
:)
12 working days
:D
Hi,
From the UKBA website i understand that for tier 1 General the visa fees if 650 pounds which can be be paid in local currency.The exchange rate pegged by UK embassy in India is 1 GBP=75INR (Revides on 4th March 2009 ) making the current indian equivalent to 51400 rupees. The issue is that after the severe decline of Pound in past few week the actual market rate is near about 1GBP=68Pound. I would like to know if i can submit a demand draft of ICICI bank of 650 pounds directly rather then DD of Rs 51400 thus saving about 5K.

Best Regards
Anand
for this better you would call VFS ,you will get line easily

r007
Newly Registered

Post by r007 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:49 am

anyone who applied IN country on March 25 or after got approved ?

Trojon
Newly Registered

Re: Payment method for Visa fees

Post by Trojon » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:50 am

anandpathak wrote:Hi,

Best Regards
Anand
Well, I have the same query as well. I was in UK on business visa sometime back and have requsite GBPs provided vfs accepts it.
Anand, in case you get info , pls clarify on the board or pm me.

npanglia

Re: Payment method for Visa fees

Post by npanglia » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:54 am

Trojon wrote:
anandpathak wrote:Hi,

Best Regards
Anand
Well, I have the same query as well. I was in UK on business visa sometime back and have requsite GBPs provided vfs accepts it.
Anand, in case you get info , pls clarify on the board or pm me.
They have already revised the fees w.e.f 1 GBP= 70 INZR from 12th april, 2010 onwards

demur123

Post by demur123 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:58 pm

Waiting since 5th of March. I have been told Home office worker take alot of holidays so as soon as my caseworker is coming back from spain (pay 50£ with ryan air) than i will be going to dubai lol

anandpathak

applied on 23rd April at VFS bangalore

Post by anandpathak » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:39 pm

Hi Folks,
I submitted my application on 23rd April at VFS bangalore.
Got SMS same evening that document are despatched to Embassy at chennai. Got sms on 28th that application is under process.
Now I am keeping my fingures crossed. Little worried as i have submitted linked quantum optima fixed deposit of ICICI for maintenance funds. I have submitted a certificate from ICICI bank regarding liquidity of the funds but still worried.

so praying :)

Cheers
Anand

Trojon
Newly Registered

Re: applied on 23rd April at VFS bangalore

Post by Trojon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:47 pm

anandpathak wrote:Hi Folks,
I submitted my application on 23rd April at VFS bangalore.
Got SMS same evening that document are despatched to Embassy at chennai. Got sms on 28th that application is under process.
Now I am keeping my fingures crossed. Little worried as i have submitted linked quantum optima fixed deposit of ICICI for maintenance funds. I have submitted a certificate from ICICI bank regarding liquidity of the funds but still worried.

so praying :)

Cheers
Anand
well i also have alinked FD of SBI (Savings PLus) But i am in a fix whether to apply with requsite bank letter for liquidity of fds or wait till June end as i dont want to pay the fee twice.
May decide AGainst showing FDs and apply in june with savings account in maintenance.I am in a soup rite now, going crazy with the confusion!

SSUK

My timeline

Post by SSUK » Sat May 01, 2010 11:16 pm

Tier-1 General applied on 30th March 2010 from Mumbai (India)
Apporval under old rules recevied on 20th April
3 years Visa Stamped
In Uk now.
Many thanks for all the help...