ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Record of attendance!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sooluvbi
Newly Registered

Record of attendance!

Post by sooluvbi » Sat May 01, 2010 12:31 am

Hi everyone!!

Can I just ask is the record of attendance important in the visa application??. I mean like if you were absent for ... days you would be rejected visa.

Cheers.

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Sat May 01, 2010 7:39 am

can u be more specific abt what visa this is and what attendance record??

sooluvbi
Newly Registered

Post by sooluvbi » Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 am

@potterbond: I am applying for a visa student Tier 4.

Record of attendance is just like u register in every lecture to show that u are attending this lecture. Or more specific, if you dont turn up in lecture/tutorial/.... , it will be indicated that you are absent. And if you have been absent for, let's say 10 consecutive lectures, the University will inform the UKBA and your visa will be rejected.

Every university has the student records office, which can issue The Record of Attendance.

You know the CAS number, which keeps all of your data in the University. Actually, I dont know what the caseworker can check from that data. Does it show how many times I skipped lectures??

Looking forward to your answer!!

Cheers.

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Sun May 02, 2010 7:17 pm

I dont think your attendance record is going to affect you Visa in anyway. If you have a student Visa now, then it would be valid till whatever time it says it is. Attendance records are sometimes pulled up for PSW Visa's.
In case you are dismissed/terminated/withdraw from a course, then your student Visa status can get affected. This also depends on the University since in most cases, Universities dont bother to report such cases.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun May 02, 2010 9:34 pm

sooluvbi wrote:@potterbond: I am applying for a visa student Tier 4.
Right, do you mean that you're extending your visa? Otherwise, you're confusing me.

If you already hold a student visa, your attendance doesn't mean much (technically they're supposed to report you after 10 absences but like the above poster has stated, that's quite rare). If you're applying for a tier 4 and transfering then they won't look at any of your current university/school/college attendance records.
I tell it like it is.

sooluvbi
Newly Registered

Post by sooluvbi » Tue May 04, 2010 8:50 pm

@Elena: yes, I am applying for a visa extension.

My immigration adviser also said it's not a problem because the University gave me the CAS letter it means my attendance is fine.

Thank you very much.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed May 05, 2010 2:53 pm

sooluvbi wrote:@Elena: yes, I am applying for a visa extension.

My immigration adviser also said it's not a problem because the University gave me the CAS letter it means my attendance is fine.

Thank you very much.
Oh ok thank you for letting me know.

Did you go to your personal tutor to get the CAS letter? Or was it the admin team?
I tell it like it is.

sooluvbi
Newly Registered

Post by sooluvbi » Wed May 05, 2010 5:33 pm

I got my CAS letter from the Student Records Office. They asked me to give them the photocopy of my passport!.

THat was it!!

Cheers.

Hollow89
Newly Registered

Post by Hollow89 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:49 am

Hello,

I'm in the process of renewing my student visa. I am currently doing ACCA at Kaplan Financial (been there for a year), but I am not happy with the school so I've applied to London School of Business and Finance (now waiting for CAS).

The problem is that my record of attendance at Kaplan is relatively low. I also failed my last three exams. This is partly due to personal problems, and I assume that getting a doctors note might help but it is so hard to get one!

Does the Home Office actually look at attendance records for visa renewals? What are the chances of my application being refused?

Does moving schools have an effect at all?

Please advice!

Thanks

chris123
- thin ice -

Post by chris123 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:15 pm

You attendance record is really important while renewal is applying.Your absents may cause of not renewal to some extend but not 100%.Because home office has policy more than 80% attendance we will renew visa.