ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shekel

Post by shekel » Sun May 02, 2010 10:10 am

ziqbal_2000 wrote:I called today and was told that my application is being assessed. Bit relaxed, atleast it started moving otherwise I was getting same messege (waiting consideration) since last four weeks.

How is everybody else doing?
Any news on your end?

BEQUIS
Newly Registered

Post by BEQUIS » Sun May 02, 2010 11:02 am

ziqbal_2000 wrote:I personally think it's gonna be long time before we hear anything from HO. My personal interpretation of "waiting consideration" is waiting for initial checks to be done. So it means that my application has not been touched yet even after passing six weeks and some of the people who applied after us have already received their approvals. It looks bit strange, on one side they say that they are processing applications in date order and people waiting for over six weeks and on other side we see people getting responses in 3-4 weeks time.

But that's home office, can not do anything about that apart from taking stress and waiting .......... good luck

Hi I just want to say that my application approval took 9,weeks so do not worry and you will get it soon :D

NCS or Postal: Postal
- Date of posting: 01/03/2010 Special delivery
- Category: married with British + ILR
- Date received by HO: 02/03/2010
- Date of Debit of card: 04/03/2010
- Date of receipt of Acknowledement: 08/03/2010 (dated 04/03/2010)
- Date of receipt of approval: 01/05/2010(dated 29/04/2010)
- date of citizenship ceremony: pending

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:28 am

shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:I called today and was told that my application is being assessed. Bit relaxed, atleast it started moving otherwise I was getting same messege (waiting consideration) since last four weeks.

Any news on your end?
Not yet Shekel, I called them on thursday when they told me that my application is being considered ..... I will probably call them on Tuesday again ... have you spoken to HO regarding your application

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:30 am

BEQUIS wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:I personally think it's gonna be long time before we hear anything from HO. My personal interpretation of "waiting consideration" is waiting for initial checks to be done. So it means that my application has not been touched yet even after passing six weeks and some of the people who applied after us have already received their approvals. It looks bit strange, on one side they say that they are processing applications in date order and people waiting for over six weeks and on other side we see people getting responses in 3-4 weeks time.

But that's home office, can not do anything about that apart from taking stress and waiting .......... good luck

Hi I just want to say that my application approval took 9,weeks so do not worry and you will get it soon :D

NCS or Postal: Postal
- Date of posting: 01/03/2010 Special delivery
- Category: married with British + ILR
- Date received by HO: 02/03/2010
- Date of Debit of card: 04/03/2010
- Date of receipt of Acknowledement: 08/03/2010 (dated 04/03/2010)
- Date of receipt of approval: 01/05/2010(dated 29/04/2010)
- date of citizenship ceremony: pending
Thanks Bequis, we can only wait ..... I am very hopeful to listen something during coming week

shekel

Post by shekel » Sun May 02, 2010 11:39 am

ziqbal_2000 wrote:
shekel wrote:

Any news on your end?
Not yet Shekel, I called them on thursday when they told me that my application is being considered ..... I will probably call them on Tuesday again ... have you spoken to HO regarding your application
Yeah as always awaiting consideration

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun May 02, 2010 8:43 pm

freddfrog wrote:Final update - I've finally got my passport! Received it yesterday and so the journey ends. Relatively painless and shorter than I could have expected. Thanks again to all and to all the people who shared similar timelines to me. Tim55, I'm sure your journey will be over soon too! Kindley, I can't remember, have you applied or got your passport yet?

I'll keep an eye on the forums and try to help if at all possible. Overall, about 2 months from applying for citizenship and obtaining my passport - not bad at all! Now I can go on holidays without all the hassle!

My final timeline:

NCS or Postal : Postal Leeds

Date of submission or posting : 23/02/2010

Date recieved by HO: 24/02/2010 (Special Delivery)

CRITERIA: 3 Years married + 5yrs ILR

Date of debit of Card : 27/02/2010

Date receipt of acknowledgement : 26/02/2010 (letter received 03/03/10)

Date of receipt of approval : 20/03/10 (Missed delivery on 18th, redelivered 20th) Letter dated 15/03/10

Date of Citizenship Ceremony : 08/04/10

Date of passport application : 08/04/10

Method used : Check and Send

Date for passport Interview: 27/04/10

Date of Receipt of Passport: 30/04/10

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting! :)
Congratsssssssssssssssss 8) . Your journey is successfully over. I'm so glad for you.
I'm looking forward for my passport interview on 8th of May Saturday. Unfortunatly I could not get earlier appointment datevat London ( E&C Passport Office ) as it is fully booked for next couple of weeks thats why I could only managed to get 8th of May ( outside London area ).

Are you planning to apply for British Identity Card? It costs 30.00 pounds and works like passport in Europe Union. I'm planning to apply.

(Brightest Star! Any news from you. I guess you've successfully completed your journey. If not yet, than wish you good luck and all those who are on same boat).

Keep in touch.

Regards,

Tim555
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

nanometre
Newly Registered

Post by nanometre » Tue May 04, 2010 3:47 pm

This board is great! Thanks all for all the info.

I've only just put in my application so will keep you posted as to how I go... fingers crossed!

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================
Method: NCS - Westminster
Date of Submission: 04/05/2010
CRITERIA: 4 yrs Ancestry + 1 year ILR
Date of debit of card:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Date UKBA made a Decision:
Date of receipt of Approval:
Date of ceremony:

shekel

Post by shekel » Tue May 04, 2010 5:07 pm

nanometre wrote:This board is great! Thanks all for all the info.

I've only just put in my application so will keep you posted as to how I go... fingers crossed!

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================
Method: NCS - Westminster
Date of Submission: 04/05/2010
CRITERIA: 4 yrs Ancestry + 1 year ILR
Date of debit of card:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date UKBA made a Decision:
Date of receipt of Approval:
Date of ceremony:
Good Luck :)

dadoctor
Newly Registered

Post by dadoctor » Tue May 04, 2010 7:34 pm

Another update:
applied on 16.03

Rang 4 weeks ago: awaiting allocation to caseworker
Rang 2 weeks ago: With caseworker, no decision yet
Rang today: awaiting allocation!!

Is it possible or phone operators telling tales?

taaha
Newly Registered

Post by taaha » Tue May 04, 2010 9:34 pm

HI DADOCTOR, same thing happened with me i applied on 9th april and homeoffice received 12 april 2010 and when i didnot receive the ack letter till 18th then i called them but they told me that there is back log and the system is not showing the applications of last week after that i called them on 23rd april and the lady told me that we took the payment on 21st of april and sent acknoledgement letter and now ur case is with the case worker but when i didnot received the ack letter till 30th april then i called again and the guy told me we haven,t sent any ack letter because ur application is awaiting allocation to caseworker and usually the ack letter issue when the case worker assign the application.I was very disoppointed because after passing three weeks they didnot issue any ack letter.

R-

Post by R- » Tue May 04, 2010 10:20 pm

Receiving acknowledgement letter does not mean that your application is with the case worker. It simply means that your application has been received by the home office.

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:31 am

Called four weeks ago - waiting consideration
Called two weeks ago - waiting consideration
Last week - being assessed
Today - in the queue, waiting allocation to case working team

and was told that applications can take upto 6 months to be processed .................. No one can understand their response ..... that's it for me .... no more calls to home office ................................................................................................ and I know I am lying

koetsier
Newly Registered

Timeline to British Citizenship

Post by koetsier » Wed May 05, 2010 12:16 pm

This forum has really helped me understand the time it takes for processing BC. I have recently applied and here is my timeline!

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================
Method: NCS - Runcorn (family app)
Date of Submission: 21/04/2010
CRITERIA: 5 years Work Permit + 1 yr Indefinate leave to remain
Date of debit of card: 27/04/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 27/04/2010
Date UKBA made a Decision: awaiting
Date of receipt of Approval: awaiting
Date of ceremony: awaiting

ameba
Newly Registered

Post by ameba » Wed May 05, 2010 4:30 pm

Hi everyone,

I've applied for naturalisation last year and still waiting:

Based on 4years HSMP + 1year ILR (JR)
Documents sent (using NCS): 18/12/2009
Ackowledge letter from BAUK: 18/01/2010

still waiting....

Called last week, told me to call back if I don't hear from them in 3 months. :(

taaha
Newly Registered

Post by taaha » Wed May 05, 2010 4:43 pm

TODAY,S UPDATE
called homeoffice today regarding ack letter but same response
that ur file is awaitting allocation to case worker and it can take a couple of days and the ack letter issue when the caseworker will assign the application and some time it can take a couple of weeks already 4th week has been started so lets see.

dadoctor
Newly Registered

Post by dadoctor » Wed May 05, 2010 4:46 pm

ameba wrote:Hi everyone,

still waiting....

Called last week, told me to call back if I don't hear from them in 3 months. :(
WHATTTTT? Been so long and no response??? How can they do it. I think thats where we are heading too......
and I am not going to ring them again, for a couple of months atleast, and I am not lying....

krimith

Post by krimith » Wed May 05, 2010 4:58 pm

still waiting....

if any traffic offence or any minor criminal case so they take long or you leave outside uk more than time limit so thats also count bec now days they just max 3 moths they aprroved all application but something query which is time to solve they take long time

shekel

Post by shekel » Thu May 06, 2010 12:05 am

still waiting....

Is there anything special in your case?

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:09 am

still waiting....

Why such a long delay? :oops:
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Thu May 06, 2010 4:59 am

dadoctor wrote:

still waiting....

WHATTTTT? Been so long and no response??? How can they do it. I think thats where we are heading too......
and I am not going to ring them again, for a couple of months atleast, and I am not lying....
Hahaha ..... I know you are not lying .... good luck mate

jimbo_uk

Post by jimbo_uk » Thu May 06, 2010 7:45 am

I am a naturalized UK citizen applying for a passport.

I have a home office certificate of naturalisation and the passport I entered the UK with. Is this enough?

Or do I also need my full birth certifiate / parents birth certificates. These will be very difficult to obtain if so. My parents are completely irrelevant to my citizenship. I see on the form that these details are required.

What sort of supporting documents have naturalisated UK citizens used for successful passport applications?

Thanks,

ameba
Newly Registered

Post by ameba » Thu May 06, 2010 8:24 am

shekel wrote:

still waiting....

I have no offences or criminal records whatsoever, have always been employed (and am still at present). Maybe it's got something to do with being a Russian citizen (though other russians get the naturalisation in 1-2 months).

I was born and brought up in Russia, but then my family moved to Bulgaria, where I studied and worked before coming to the UK. I can only think that BAUK possibly run a whole set of checks on my life in Russia and I have very small document footprint there. I also specifically stated that I've lived many years in Bulgaria, so they have to sent check request there too. Maybe that's what causes th edelay, I can only guess.

But I am used to it now. I had to wait for 18 months to get my first HSMP visa. It all happens at the end, but for some (unlucky) people it takes longer for no apparent reason. Anyway, wish you all good luck and continuing with my european visa preparation (shame, I could have avoided all the hassle if I had a UK passport)

shekel

Post by shekel » Thu May 06, 2010 10:42 am

ameba wrote:
shekel wrote:

still waiting....

I have no offences or criminal records whatsoever, have always been employed (and am still at present). Maybe it's got something to do with being a Russian citizen (though other russians get the naturalisation in 1-2 months).

I was born and brought up in Russia, but then my family moved to Bulgaria, where I studied and worked before coming to the UK. I can only think that BAUK possibly run a whole set of checks on my life in Russia and I have very small document footprint there. I also specifically stated that I've lived many years in Bulgaria, so they have to sent check request there too. Maybe that's what causes th edelay, I can only guess.

But I am used to it now. I had to wait for 18 months to get my first HSMP visa. It all happens at the end, but for some (unlucky) people it takes longer for no apparent reason. Anyway, wish you all good luck and continuing with my european visa preparation (shame, I could have avoided all the hassle if I had a UK passport)

Did they contact you at any point since your submission? any checks they run and you are aware of? they said your case is with a caseworker or awaiting allocation?

ameba
Newly Registered

Post by ameba » Thu May 06, 2010 12:10 pm

shekel,

When I called them, they confirmed they hadn't sent any letters or requests to me and did not give me a progress update, just told me to wait and if I don't hear back in 3 months to give them a call.

Some time ago I submitted a COA (certificate of approval) for my fiance so we can marry in the UK, and it took really long. I needed my passport back and called them to request it (was ready to cancel the COA if needed). I recieved my passport and the COA next day. I have the feeling it must have been thrown somewhere in the piles of applications in HO and they only started looking at it after I requested my passport back.

HO just don't love me, that's it. I don't love them very much either, so it's fine with me.

Hesham
Newly Registered

Post by Hesham » Thu May 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Submitted family application on March 8th, still awaiting allocation. Since most who submitted after me got their approvals. I think awaiting allocation could really mean awaiting further checks completion to be ready for allocation. I can only think it is to do with travel outside UK ( once every year) and previous addresses again one address for each year. Or because my wife doesn't have NIN but she is not working and they refused to give one when we asked!