ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 4 STUDENT DEPENDENT VISA REFUSAL

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

c4551m
Pakistan

TIER 4 STUDENT DEPENDENT VISA REFUSAL

Post by c4551m » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:05 pm

My missus just got refused for student dependent visa,this what it says on the refusal letter

THE ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICERS DECISION:
I have refused your visa on this occasion as I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet the requirement of immigration rules paragraph 319 C , This decision was made on the merit of this application.However if you have a previous application and immigration history this may have been considered.

The Entry Clearace Officers Reason and supporting evidence:

This decision has been made on the basis of the evidance you have suplied. I am satisfied you meet the requirement of paragraph 319 C of the immigration rules exept for the following :

You have failed to show satisfactory evidance that your sponsor has leave to remain/enter in the UK as a PBS Migrant 319 C ( b ) ( i ) ( i i ).

I therefore refuse your application

Your right of appeal:

your application does not attract a full right of appeal under section 82(1) of the nationality & Assylum act 2002 . your right to appeal is limited to any or all the grounds refferd to in section 84(1)( b ) and ( c ) of the nationalty & Asslum act namely

1)the decision is unlawful by virtue of section 19 B of the race relation act 1974

2)the decisoin is unlawful under section 6 of the Human Right act 1998 as being incompatible with the appelants convention rights

Right this is what it all says on the letter

As I am an international student my visa got extended in dec 2009 for 2 years.
As from my side I have provided all relevant pages from my passport plus my new id card which is valid till 30th Oct 2011 all pages of the passport certified and sighned by the solicitor and sponsorship declaration letter as well, plus I provided my Course leter from my college , student sponsor letter , my fee paid plus my attendence record.

Am I allowed to appeal or not

Regards

Cassim

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Wasn't the application done from the home country? In that case, I believe that you would have the right to an administrative review. However, I find it strange that even after supplying so much of proof, your application has been refused saying that you aren't having a valid leave to remain. What college/university are you studying in?

crownvictory

Post by crownvictory » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:08 pm

@cassim did u provide the photocopy of yr 'Entry clearance Visa' to prove the period u'v being in the UK? They do reject a lot of dependants for missing this item. she might need to re apply if that is the case as it happened to me.

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Sat May 01, 2010 9:53 pm

Hi
What u mean by entry clerance visa . do you mean did i provide thm with my passport copies plus my new visa card copies

I provided them with all relevant pages from my passport including all previous visa copies plus my new visa card copies which is valid till oct 2011 and all those copies were attested by the solicitor.

thnks

rogue80
Newly Registered

Post by rogue80 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:16 pm

what is the type of permit stated in your ICFN card?as for my husband the vfs in our country did not accept his application as my ICFN card just states student not TIER4 general student. He was asked to fill up a non-pbs dependant form which I naturally disagree as i applied and issued tier4 visa here in the UK.

As i gather from your mrs refusal letter it might have been that the type of permit you have in your ICFN just state student, the reason why the ECO did refuse her a visa as the documents you submitted against the home office's record might have not coincided.Which also tells me to amend my ICFN card before attempting to submit my hubby's application again.

sooluvbi
Newly Registered

Post by sooluvbi » Tue May 04, 2010 10:51 pm

Hiya,

Sorry everyone, in the visa PBS application form, there is a question asked about applicant's status in the UK currently.

I am a student, and am applying for an extension. The first time I applied was in 2008. So my current immigration status is student or Tier 4 General Student.

Cheers.

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Wed May 05, 2010 9:45 pm

rogue80 wrote:what is the type of permit stated in your ICFN card?as for my husband the vfs in our country did not accept his application as my ICFN card just states student not TIER4 general student. He was asked to fill up a non-pbs dependant form which I naturally disagree as i applied and issued tier4 visa here in the UK.

As i gather from your mrs refusal letter it might have been that the type of permit you have in your ICFN just state student, the reason why the ECO did refuse her a visa as the documents you submitted against the home office's record might have not coincided.Which also tells me to amend my ICFN card before attempting to submit my hubby's application again.
Thnks for your reply

Well on my card it says T4 General Student / Leave to Remain
and my visa is valid till oct 2011

What I am think as my father sponsors for my studies and maintenance could they have considered him as sponsor, but if thats the case its rediclous,as i submitted my bank statments with enough funds my dads statment, letter from him stating that he will help us out during my and my missus stay in the UK copy of my passport all pages plus id card and all pages stamped by solicitor plus my dads passport copy .and all required documents
I filled VAF10 b form

hope this can help