ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

armstrong
Newly Registered

Post by armstrong » Sat May 01, 2010 2:09 pm

adolma999 wrote:Hi
I e-mailed HO requesting my passport for travel in late may--- no response
I phoned HO telling them I need my passport for travel in late may, lady didnt acknowledge me sending an e-mail and told me that she has put a message for the team to send my passports on the 11th of May as it might take 10 days for them to come back.

I asked her: can u tell me about progress in my application ans she said its still with the team under processing.

Today in the morning I have a letter from Royalmail that says iv got a parcel. Havent seen that yet as I wasnt at home, am sure its my passport cuz its got my FULL name on it. Do you think my RC has been issued? I applied in 1/3/2010.
that would be record timing considering it's less than two months

armstrong
Newly Registered

Post by armstrong » Sat May 01, 2010 2:11 pm

kindman wrote:I feel good this morning......sooo good-sooo good!!!!!!!!!!
My success story so far
*I applied for Rc on 30th dec 2009
*HO recieved application on 31st dec 2009
*Recieved COA on 12 january 2010
*Call HO on the 19th of january 2010 and they told me my application is under consideration. Later on that eve, I had a call from HO asking me to confirm my addressed
*On the 30th of april 2010 received my passport with RC inside it dated on 27th april 2010

Just want to thank everyone in the house for their major contribution and inspiration.

God bless you All
#
Congrats Kindman. i also got my COA on the 12th of January so hopefully not too long for mine

kindman
Newly Registered

Post by kindman » Sun May 02, 2010 12:13 am

Thanks alot Kafi and armstrong

Gabriella2305

Post by Gabriella2305 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:18 am

***oops posted this as a new topic by mistake***

I called home office AGAIN this morning! They said my application is still under consideration and gave me my case number. I asked if it had been assigned to a case worker yet and they said no...
I am praying I get it back before July....
Does anyone know, after it's been assigned to a case worker how long it usually takes from there??
APPLIED FOR EEA2 DEC 2009
RECEIVED COA DATED 8TH JAN 2010
CALLED HOME OFFICE 7 APRIL 2010 (HAS CASE NUMBER AND SAID IT SHOULD BE GETTING DEALT WITH END OF THIS MONTH/BEGINNING OF MAY)
EEA2 RC RECEIVED 25 JUNE 2010

missames
Newly Registered

Post by missames » Wed May 05, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi guys! Thanks so much for this thread, I've reading it the entire morning! I've now got more info than I've ever dreamed. I didn't even know about the COA and that I'd be able to work during that time, which is fantastic. My current update.

I'm Malaysian and my husband is South African but holds a German passport.

We got married in London and applied for EEA2 on the 22nd of April 2010. So far no COA as yet, but we're hoping to receive it on Friday or next Monday.

If we get the COA I'll feel like a battle has already been won, because I was advised by several lawyers (chinese ones) that I would have to go home to get married and apply from there, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, good luck EEA2 gladiators! I'll update when I have more news :)

msmoby_ru

Post by msmoby_ru » Wed May 05, 2010 1:32 pm

Forza_RC wrote:Did anyone apply for EEA2 in December 2009 or Januray 2010 and receive it? Any update?
Applied Early Nov 09 ..JUST got the residency permits back today 2 days before six months... Irish - with Russian dependants ..

P&T

Congratulations!!

Post by P&T » Wed May 05, 2010 2:06 pm

Kindman and Msmoby_ru congratulations to you both on receiving your residence cards!! This gives us great hope and makes the wait less painful when we hear good news so thank you for sharing :D

Enjoy yourselves and good luck to the rest of us still playing the waiting game...

Regards,
P&T

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Wed May 05, 2010 7:13 pm

msmoby_ru wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:Did anyone apply for EEA2 in December 2009 or Januray 2010 and receive it? Any update?
Applied Early Nov 09 ..JUST got the residency permits back today 2 days before six months... Irish - with Russian dependants ..

Hi Msmoby_ru,
Are you an extended family member or partner of an EEA?

armstrong
Newly Registered

Post by armstrong » Wed May 05, 2010 9:13 pm

has anyone applied for NI with COA before?

missames
Newly Registered

Post by missames » Wed May 05, 2010 11:01 pm

I didn't have to give any info about my visa when I applied for my NI. I just called them and requested for one and they sent me a form to fill in. They didn't ask to see any documents.

Hope this helps.

armstrong
Newly Registered

Post by armstrong » Wed May 05, 2010 11:49 pm

missames wrote:I didn't have to give any info about my visa when I applied for my NI. I just called them and requested for one and they sent me a form to fill in. They didn't ask to see any documents.

Hope this helps.
when did you do this? thought you had to attend an interview first

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Thu May 06, 2010 6:13 pm

armstrong wrote:has anyone applied for NI with COA before?
YES.

missames
Newly Registered

Post by missames » Thu May 06, 2010 8:08 pm

armstrong wrote:
missames wrote:I didn't have to give any info about my visa when I applied for my NI. I just called them and requested for one and they sent me a form to fill in. They didn't ask to see any documents.

Hope this helps.
I did too, but I just called the number 0845 600 0643 and they asked me a few questions and sent me a postal application form. A few other friends of mine were confused as they were all under the impression that there would definitely be an interview, but all I had to do was phone them. Do you have a temporary NI number? If you do then you'd definitely need an interview, at least, that has been my understanding.

I could be wrong! http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/moneytaxand ... g_10014073

armstrong
Newly Registered

Post by armstrong » Thu May 06, 2010 8:20 pm

missames wrote:
armstrong wrote:

Hope this helps.
I did too, but I just called the number 0845 600 0643 and they asked me a few questions and sent me a postal application form. A few other friends of mine were confused as they were all under the impression that there would definitely be an interview, but all I had to do was phone them. Do you have a temporary NI number? If you do then you'd definitely need an interview, at least, that has been my understanding.

that's the number i called and they booked a date for me to come in for an interview. i haven't got a temporary NI number

missames
Newly Registered

Post by missames » Thu May 06, 2010 8:34 pm

armstrong wrote:
missames wrote:
armstrong wrote:

Hope this helps.

that's the number i called and they booked a date for me to come in for an interview. i haven't got a temporary NI number
Guess I got very lucky ;) don't worry, you'll be fine, as long as you have the right to work in the UK you'll get your NI number. There's nothing to worry about.

sanu84

Post by sanu84 » Sat May 08, 2010 11:13 am

armstrong wrote:
missames wrote:
armstrong wrote:

Hope this helps.

I didn't have any interview when I applied for a NI number. I just called and they sent me a form to fill in. However, my husband (an EEA national) did have an interview and he had to call a different number.

tyoosuf
Newly Registered

Post by tyoosuf » Sun May 09, 2010 12:02 pm

Hello Everybody,
Thanks Guys, We applied for my EEA1 and EEA2 since April 17th 2010 but I never received COA,I dont know why I have not receive it by this time because my employer are requesting for this so much.Anyone have luck on phone number?
Please someone update me more information.
Thanks guys.
P&T and admel any news?

armstrong
Newly Registered

Post by armstrong » Sun May 09, 2010 3:52 pm

tyoosuf wrote:Hello Everybody,
Thanks Guys, We applied for my EEA1 and EEA2 since April 17th 2010 but I never received COA,I dont know why I have not receive it by this time because my employer are requesting for this so much.Anyone have luck on phone number?
Thanks guys.
P&T and admel any news?
try calling them on 0845 010 5200 or 01516725626.

P&T

Post by P&T » Sun May 09, 2010 11:34 pm

Thanks guys.
P&T and admel any news?
Hi Tyoosuf!
Welcome to the EEA2 waiting game its quite painful however, we are still waiting (it will be exactly four months for us tomorrow) and trying not to pull our hair out :cry: !

Call the numbers Armstrong gave you and harass them everyday if you have to because the UKBA must issue your COA immediately they really have no excuse for delaying your COA! If you dont get a positive response from the UKBA on the phone then we suggest you take it up with your local MP.

Keep on and dont lose the faith

Regards,
P&T

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Mon May 10, 2010 6:30 am

Forza_RC wrote:My wife (German citizen) went to Croydon home office this morning to apply for EEA1. She was told that she could not apply for EEA1 seperatly/in person (because I have already applied for EEA2) and she would get the EEA1 automaticly as soon as my RC/EEA2 have issued.

Hi Forza,
Did you applied for FMRC or RC?Since you applied EE2 before your wife got EE1,i assume you applied FMRC!
I am in the same dilemma.I applied EE2(FRMC) on 01/03/10 as my wife is under WRC and is yet to finish one year till the end of June this year.Then she thinks she can apply for EEA1 !
I wonder weather i can again apply RC,while my application is still pending in H/O for FMRC???
By the way i am still waiting the COA!

eileenqx
Newly Registered

Post by eileenqx » Mon May 10, 2010 12:24 pm

Thanks guys.
P&T and admel any news?
I have the same situation. Sent earlier April, no COA back yet. Called many time, useless.

Have u received? what should we do to push them?
Last edited by eileenqx on Tue May 11, 2010 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

eileenqx
Newly Registered

Post by eileenqx » Mon May 10, 2010 12:41 pm

missames wrote:Hi guys! Thanks so much for this thread, I've reading it the entire morning! I've now got more info than I've ever dreamed. I didn't even know about the COA and that I'd be able to work during that time, which is fantastic. My current update.

I'm Malaysian and my husband is South African but holds a German passport.

We got married in London and applied for EEA2 on the 22nd of April 2010. So far no COA as yet, but we're hoping to receive it on Friday or next Monday.

If we get the COA I'll feel like a battle has already been won, because I was advised by several lawyers (chinese ones) that I would have to go home to get married and apply from there, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, good luck EEA2 gladiators! I'll update when I have more news :)
Hi missames, Did u received COA now? I am waiting for 5 weeks already. no good luck. It seems from April, long time to wait. lol

tyoosuf
Newly Registered

Post by tyoosuf » Mon May 10, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi eileenqx,
I have not receive the COA and I have been suspended from work until I show proof my passport is at the HO. The problem now is that I never get connected to anybody whenever I call to the HO.I have been on this number almost a month now.It always end the call my itself.Never speak with real person. I am very frustrated and I dont know what to do.Currently in process of contacting MP.
This is a big dilema!

eileenqx
Newly Registered

Post by eileenqx » Mon May 10, 2010 2:06 pm

tyoosuf wrote:Hi eileenqx,
I have not receive the COA and I have been suspended from work until I show proof my passport is at the HO. The problem now is that I never get connected to anybody whenever I call to the HO.I have been on this number almost a month now.It always end the call my itself.Never speak with real person. I am very frustrated and I dont know what to do.Currently in process of contacting MP.
This is a big dilema!
I am sorry to hear that. Are you calling in UK? actually, you need wait for long time to get through. I can get through start from March. You need try different time in the day.

I told them about risk of lose job because of Visa expired. HO still said they can not do anything, I have to wait. And I asked them it is normally to get COA for 2-4 weeks. They told me there is case get COA more than that time. I feel making call is not usefull.

Can you tell me more details about MP, what is that and how to contact MP?
Last edited by eileenqx on Tue May 11, 2010 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

tyoosuf
Newly Registered

Post by tyoosuf » Mon May 10, 2010 2:23 pm

Ofcourse,I live here in UK.
The Mp is your local area leader that represent in the Government.
Read more about this in the earlier discussion in the board,there is link to find your local MP given by one of the EEA2 Gladitors!!!
It is very shocking to know that some of us here have their COA within 5 days of application submission why we are still waiting over 4-5 weeks. This is a disaster. I will continue to call the numbers until one day,I get to speak with someone.