ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Dependant under-18 Child Application Documents Confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bym007

PSW Dependant under-18 Child Application Documents Confusion

Post by bym007 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier-1 PSW currently in UK and my visa was stamped in Jan 2010. My wife is also in UK as my dependant.

We had a baby girl last month who needs her passport to be stamped with PSW dependant visa.

I will send the application next week, but I am very unclear about the documents that I need to send along with the application.

Since, I have been in the UK for more than 12 months, my maintenance fund is as follows:

£800 + £533 + £533 = £1866 for more than last 3 months.

Apart from the baby's new passport, and bank statements in my name (for last 3 months), what else needs to be sent to HO ?

Please note that I have already read the dependant guidance notes, and excuse my thickness, but its not very clear to me.

So all kind help is appreciated!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: PSW Dependant under-18 Child Application Documents Confu

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:13 pm

bym007 wrote:Hi,

I am on Tier-1 PSW currently in UK and my visa was stamped in Jan 2010. My wife is also in UK as my dependant.

We had a baby girl last month who needs her passport to be stamped with PSW dependant visa.

I will send the application next week, but I am very unclear about the documents that I need to send along with the application.

Since, I have been in the UK for more than 12 months, my maintenance fund is as follows:

£800 + £533 + £533 = £1866 for more than last 3 months.

Apart from the baby's new passport, and bank statements in my name (for last 3 months), what else needs to be sent to HO ?

Please note that I have already read the dependant guidance notes, and excuse my thickness, but its not very clear to me.

So all kind help is appreciated!
Birth certificate

bym007

Post by bym007 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:36 pm

So to summarize this, I need to send:

1. Baby's Passport
2. Baby's Birth Certificate
3. Baby's Photos (2x) as required in the application
4. My Bank Statements for last 3 months

Do I need to send a copy of my passport as well ?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:41 pm

bym007 wrote:So to summarize this, I need to send:

1. Baby's Passport
2. Baby's Birth Certificate
3. Baby's Photos (2x) as required in the application
4. My Bank Statements for last 3 months

Do I need to send a copy of my passport as well ?
Yes ofcourse.

bym007

Post by bym007 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:46 pm

Many thanks!

bym007

Post by bym007 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Just filling up the application form for my daughter's PSW dependant application.

There is a section D in the application, which asks questions about the initial visa details of the dependant. Since the baby is born in the UK and is applying for her first visa, what am I supposed to say there ?

I am thinking if it would be better to add a covering letter to the application, explaining the nature of the application and then leave the Section D empty pointing towards the covering letter reasoning.

Any suggestions ?

FLASHMAN

Post by FLASHMAN » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:52 pm

bym007 wrote:Just filling up the application form for my daughter's PSW dependant application.

There is a section D in the application, which asks questions about the initial visa details of the dependant. Since the baby is born in the UK and is applying for her first visa, what am I supposed to say there ?

I am thinking if it would be better to add a covering letter to the application, explaining the nature of the application and then leave the Section D empty pointing towards the covering letter reasoning.

Any suggestions ?
write not applied N/A

FRESH001
Newly Registered

I think I can be of most help here....................

Post by FRESH001 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:16 pm

I just got a dependannt PSW for my family (myself+my wife+our baby) all you need to show them for the baby is his/her Birth certificate, NHS card (this is not really neccessary but it will be returned to you and you've got nothing to loose).
Since the baby was born in the Uk, you don't need to feel this column or write N/A. You won't be penalised for doing that.

Hope this help and any other thing you need, do not hesitate to let me know.

best of luck in your application.

bym007

Post by bym007 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:49 pm

I am explaining the situation in a covering letter and then leaving Section D empty!

Thanks for your reply.

bym007

Post by bym007 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks all for your useful replies, as the documents are now ready and in order and will be posted tomorrow!

bym007

Post by bym007 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:12 am

Bit of a confusion and amazement equally!

I had submitted my baby's application for dependant visa on 23-March-2010, as per the documents required.

PSW Dependant Application,
Baby's passport,
Passport Photos 2x,
Original Birth Certificate,
Original Bank Statement,
Photocopy of my Passport + Visa

I have seen some documentation today, which require the father to send their passport as well along with the dependant application.

Is that so ?

lolfine

Post by lolfine » Fri May 07, 2010 11:23 am

bym007 wrote:Bit of a confusion and amazement equally!

I had submitted my baby's application for dependant visa on 23-March-2010, as per the documents required.

PSW Dependant Application,
Baby's passport,
Passport Photos 2x,
Original Birth Certificate,
Original Bank Statement,
Photocopy of my Passport + Visa

I have seen some documentation today, which require the father to send their passport as well along with the dependant application.

Is that so ?
Hi,

I would like to apply for our new born baby Visa and I have following queries!

Should I use FLR (O) Visa form or PBS Dependent Visa form for our new born baby Visa?

Is Maintenance fund for 3 months is mandatory. If yes should I have to show maintenance fund for only our son or for myself + my Wife + our son. My Visa will expire in Oct 2012 its first 3 years of (Tier 2 Skilled Worker). We need to apply for his Visa as we are planning to travel in Oct 2010.

Please any answers………..

Thanks.

lolfine

Re: I think I can be of most help here....................

Post by lolfine » Fri May 07, 2010 11:23 am

FRESH001 wrote:I just got a dependannt PSW for my family (myself+my wife+our baby) all you need to show them for the baby is his/her Birth certificate, NHS card (this is not really neccessary but it will be returned to you and you've got nothing to loose).
Since the baby was born in the Uk, you don't need to feel this column or write N/A. You won't be penalised for doing that.

Hi,

Should I use FLR (O) Visa form or PBS Dependent Visa form for our new born baby Visa?

Is Maintenance fund for 3 months is mandatory. If yes should I have to show maintenance fund for only our son or for myself + my Wife + our son. My Visa will expire in Oct 2012 its first 3 years of (Tier 2 Skilled Worker). We need to apply for his Visa as we are planning to travel in Oct 2010.

Please any answers………..

Thanks.

bym007

Post by bym007 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:28 am

lolfine wrote:
FRESH001 wrote:I just got a dependannt PSW for my family (myself+my wife+our baby) all you need to show them for the baby is his/her Birth certificate, NHS card (this is not really neccessary but it will be returned to you and you've got nothing to loose).

Hi,

Please any answers………..

Thanks.
Use PBS Dependant Application Form.

Yes, the maintenance fund is mandatory for 3 months. You will have to show maintenance fund for yourself + Wife + son. Do not take ANY chance on this, as you will get a straight rejection.

Hope this is helpful!

lolfine

Post by lolfine » Fri May 07, 2010 11:52 am

bym007 wrote:
lolfine wrote:

Hi,

Please any answers………..

Thanks.
Use PBS Dependant Application Form.

Yes, the maintenance fund is mandatory for 3 months. You will have to show maintenance fund for yourself + Wife + son. Do not take ANY chance on this, as you will get a straight rejection.

Hope this is helpful!
Thanks for the info