ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Thu May 06, 2010 5:58 pm

Hesham wrote:Submitted family application on March 8th, still awaiting allocation. Since most who submitted after me got their approvals. I think awaiting allocation could really mean awaiting further checks completion to be ready for allocation. I can only think it is to do with travel outside UK ( once every year) and previous addresses again one address for each year. Or because my wife doesn't have NIN but she is not working and they refused to give one when we asked!
I think awaiting allocation is waiting for initial checks unless it specifically says that awaiting allocation to case working team ....... I have been waiting for over seven weeks now .....

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Thu May 06, 2010 7:33 pm

jimbo_uk wrote:I am a naturalized UK citizen applying for a passport.

I have a home office certificate of naturalisation and the passport I entered the UK with. Is this enough?

Or do I also need my full birth certifiate / parents birth certificates. These will be very difficult to obtain if so. My parents are completely irrelevant to my citizenship. I see on the form that these details are required.

What sort of supporting documents have naturalisated UK citizens used for successful passport applications?

Thanks,
Hi mate,

You also need to send the most recent passport you have regardless of whether it is expired or not. Of course, if the passport you have is the only one you've ever had and it's got the stamp of when you first entered the UK then you will only have to send that along with the Naturalisation certificate.

No need for birth certificate of any sort as naturalisation cert tells them that you are British and eligible for a UK passport. They do still put your place of birth on the passport itself.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Got to vote for the first time today which is a great priviledge! :)

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Fri May 07, 2010 9:36 am

just a thought :?: :!: :roll:

like myself I applied for naturalisation about 6 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back from HO - I called them once couple of weeks back but since then decided not to

anyway question is ; some people are getting their naturalisation quite quickly i.e within a span of 3 weeks time ( congrats to them) , how long they been living in UK for? I have been in UK since 1999 student+WP+HSMP+ILR .. so just wondering would it be a possibility they have to do thorough check on past 11 years and that's the reason taking extra time.

would be good if everyone can share "number of years" they been in UK > 5 years

I hope my question is not to vague,... thanks a bunch

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Fri May 07, 2010 9:50 am

Another update

Called today and was told that my application is under consideration ...... seems strange ,,,,,,,,, seven weeks on and my application moved as follows

Waiting consideration
Under consideration
Waiting allocation to case working team
Under consideration

so it seems to me that instead of moving ahead application is infact moving back ......................

jimbo_uk

Post by jimbo_uk » Fri May 07, 2010 10:30 am

freddfrog wrote:
jimbo_uk wrote:I am a naturalized UK citizen applying for a passport.

I have a home office certificate of naturalisation and the passport I entered the UK with. Is this enough?

Or do I also need my full birth certifiate / parents birth certificates. These will be very difficult to obtain if so. My parents are completely irrelevant to my citizenship. I see on the form that these details are required.

What sort of supporting documents have naturalisated UK citizens used for successful passport applications?

Thanks,
Hi mate,

You also need to send the most recent passport you have regardless of whether it is expired or not. Of course, if the passport you have is the only one you've ever had and it's got the stamp of when you first entered the UK then you will only have to send that along with the Naturalisation certificate.

No need for birth certificate of any sort as naturalisation cert tells them that you are British and eligible for a UK passport. They do still put your place of birth on the passport itself.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Got to vote for the first time today which is a great priviledge! :)
Thanks - i was dreading the thought of having to get birth/marriage certificates from far off lands.

Hopefully I can send my application off tomorrow morning!

dimi
Newly Registered

Post by dimi » Fri May 07, 2010 11:55 am

does "receipt of acknowledgement" states that you can work?

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:57 am

I am moving house, should I inform ukba at this stage?

shekel

Post by shekel » Fri May 07, 2010 12:39 pm

ziqbal_2000 wrote:Another update

Called today and was told that my application is under consideration ...... seems strange ,,,,,,,,, seven weeks on and my application moved as follows

Waiting consideration
Under consideration
Waiting allocation to case working team
Under consideration

so it seems to me that instead of moving ahead application is infact moving back ......................
Called today, lady told me my case is still under consideration, so I asked if under consideration means actual consideration or awaiting allocation, so she checked once again and said it is awaiting allocation. Grrrr

krimith

BEST TIME LINE

Post by krimith » Fri May 07, 2010 12:45 pm

My journey is now over.

Thanks to everyone for your support. This forum has been great.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE:
=====================
Method: Immigration agency
Date of Submission: 01/04/2010
CRITERIA: 4 yrs+1yrs ILR
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 16/04/2010 Dated:13/04/2010
Date UKBA made a Decision: 28/04/2010
Date of receipt of Approval: 04/05/2010 and Invitation letter recevied 06/05/2010
Date of ceremony: 17/05/2010

PASSPORT TIMELINE:
====================
Date of application: 19/05/2010
Sevice applied by : CHECK AND SEND)
Date of passport interview:11th JUNE
Date of recevied passport: 16/06/2010

Thats my time line hopefully everyone recevied very soon good luck
Last edited by krimith on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ramy90

Post by Ramy90 » Fri May 07, 2010 2:43 pm

I don't think home office would actually bother or even can check abroad. I may believe though that being from specific nationalities could affect their decision time. they tends to do more checks on people from some counties rather than others (which is stupid).
It has been 6 weeks for me, it took them five and a half months to issue me the ILR.

Luck is a major factor when dealing with home office. Those who are not lucky should keep praying to get it sooner :)

Breaker29

Post by Breaker29 » Fri May 07, 2010 6:22 pm

@ Ramy90
I do totaly agree with you. The HO treat cases individualy, depending of the country of origine of the applicant. Because it not normal that some peaple got response withing weeks and other withing months.
if it has to do with criminal records, every thing is computurised, with the huge data base that the govorment got, it doesn't take too long to have an information about any body.
I think if the applicant is from a "Dangerouse" country, the he/she can wait for a long time.
Peace and good luck to every one.

krimith

Post by krimith » Fri May 07, 2010 7:58 pm

yarons and freddfrog thanks for your help but i need to ask question on ceremony day how long they take time and can i go with my 4yrs son and 2yrs old son because no body look after them my husband also with me for ceremony

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:21 pm

krimith wrote:yarons and freddfrog thanks for your help but i need to ask question on ceremony day how long they take time and can i go with my 4yrs son and 2yrs old son because no body look after them my husband also with me for ceremony
Congrats :P . Group ceremony will take not more than 1 hour. Yes they can go with you but make sure you reserve their place in ceremony as guests while arranging you appointment for citizenship ceremony with your local council.

Oh you can have a family photo as well if you like.
All the best. Good luck for rest of your journey.

Regards,

Tim
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

krimith

Post by krimith » Fri May 07, 2010 10:28 pm

Tim555 wrote:
krimith wrote:yarons and freddfrog thanks for your help but i need to ask question on ceremony day how long they take time and can i go with my 4yrs son and 2yrs old son because no body look after them my husband also with me for ceremony
Congrats :P . Group ceremony will take not more than 1 hour. Yes they can go with you but make sure you reserve their place in ceremony as guests while arranging you appointment for citizenship ceremony with your local council.

Oh you can have a family photo as well if you like.
All the best. Good luck for rest of your journey.

Regards,

Tim[/quo
THANK YOU TIM 555,SO KIND OF U

R-

Post by R- » Fri May 07, 2010 11:18 pm

Hello All

Just a few questions regarding British passport application.

Once you've sent your application, and once the passport office returns your documents, do they send you a letter as well asking you to make an appointment to attend an interview? Whats the average waiting time between you making your application and receiving your documents back?

Your answers would be much appreciated. Thanks.

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Sat May 08, 2010 9:09 am

R- wrote:Hello All

Just a few questions regarding British passport application.

Once you've sent your application, and once the passport office returns your documents, do they send you a letter as well asking you to make an appointment to attend an interview? Whats the average waiting time between you making your application and receiving your documents back?

Your answers would be much appreciated. Thanks.
They don't necessarily send you documents back straight away. I received my docs back after the interview and then my passport shortly afterwards. They do ask you on the interview if you have received your docs back, probably just to check if you do live where you say you live.

If you ring the passport advice line and they have finished examining your application they send out a letter with an interview ref no. If during the time you ring they have the interview ref no, they can just give it to you over the phone so you can book an appointment straight away without having to wait for the letter.

My average time between making the application and receiving docs back is about 2.5 weeks.

Hope this helps.

R-

Post by R- » Sat May 08, 2010 9:46 am

Thanks for your reply freddfrog. I might probably give them a ring just in case they already have the reference number so that I can get an appointment earlier.

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Sun May 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi everyone.
I wonder if someone can help me. I am applying for citizenship application of my wife ( AN application) & registration as British citizen of my children ( MN application)

My Wife & children First entered UK as my dependent on In april 2004but then left UK on 26/04/2004.
As the same visa was still valid they re entered UK on 07/10/2004 but the left Uk in february 2005.
Their Visa Expired in february 2005 & they re applied for Visa outside UK in our Home country.
They got Visa in May 2005 & came to UK join me. They have not been out of UK since then.
Now my Question is what date should i put in the question 2.1 of the AN & MN application, ( Date & place of first arrival in UK) ?
sould it be april 2004 or May 2005?
Many thanks for your help in advance

R-

Post by R- » Sun May 09, 2010 6:53 pm

citizen1000 wrote:Hi everyone.
I wonder if someone can help me. I am applying for citizenship application of my wife ( AN application) & registration as British citizen of my children ( MN application)

My Wife & children First entered UK as my dependent on In april 2004but then left UK on 26/04/2004.
As the same visa was still valid they re entered UK on 07/10/2004 but the left Uk in february 2005.
Their Visa Expired in february 2005 & they re applied for Visa outside UK in our Home country.
They got Visa in May 2005 & came to UK join me. They have not been out of UK since then.
Now my Question is what date should i put in the question 2.1 of the AN & MN application, ( Date & place of first arrival in UK) ?
April 2004 of course!!!!!!!

krimith

Post by krimith » Sun May 09, 2010 11:26 pm

hi,anyone can tell me if citizenship ceremony day u cant wear jeans only your country tradional dress and yes before i ask but still i want to make sure ican take with my children one is 4yr and other is 2yrs one of my friends relation some one tell my husband no children not allowed and tradional u have to wear its true i dont belive but just want to clear

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Mon May 10, 2010 7:18 am

krimith wrote:hi,anyone can tell me if citizenship ceremony day u cant wear jeans only your country tradional dress and yes before i ask but still i want to make sure ican take with my children one is 4yr and other is 2yrs one of my friends relation some one tell my husband no children not allowed and tradional u have to wear its true i dont belive but just want to clear
You can wear anything you like! No need for traditional dress. I wore a shirt and tie because it was being done in the main town hall with the Mayor attending so I suppose it was appropriate at the time.

Children are definitely allowed. I took my 15month old son and that was fine and saw some others with older and younger children.

krimith

Post by krimith » Mon May 10, 2010 8:29 am

freddfrog wrote:
krimith wrote:hi,anyone can tell me if citizenship ceremony day u cant wear jeans only your country tradional dress and yes before i ask but still i want to make sure ican take with my children one is 4yr and other is 2yrs one of my friends relation some one tell my husband no children not allowed and tradional u have to wear its true i dont belive but just want to clear
You can wear anything you like! No need for traditional dress. I wore a shirt and tie because it was being done in the main town hall with the Mayor attending so I suppose it was appropriate at the time.

Children are definitely allowed. I took my 15month old son and that was fine and saw some others with older and younger children.
thank you,freddfrog so many humor running some times confuse i know my question was silly but children matter i was worried

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Mon May 10, 2010 2:58 pm

I doubt saying they enter in April 2004 as their visa was expired and they got a new one in May 2005.
R- wrote:

Hesham
Newly Registered

Post by Hesham » Mon May 10, 2010 10:22 pm

You should go for 2005, make it less complicated for them and it will be more than 3 years required for children anyway.....
What was the first Visa?
aaanjoo wrote:I doubt saying they enter in April 2004 as their visa was expired and they got a new one in May 2005.
R- wrote:

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:00 am

Any update ..... still under consideration